"Hair" in Mechas

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Henyo

Re: "Hair" in Mechas

Seto Kaiba wrote:Junchoon from the Five Star Stories series has a mane of "hair" that falls out when the armor around the fatima cockpit is destroyed... which is probably part of a shock absorbent layer under the main armor.

The A-Toll Scritti has "hair" of a kind too, though that appears to be flaps of armor plating to protect the neck joint since the Scritti sacrifices heavy armor for mobility.

The Bang Doll also has "hair", but that's a rigid mane of spikes that protect the mecha from attacks from behind.
performs image search...can't fight any image showing the L-Gai..err..Junchoon's hair thingies.
(a little help on that front? i wanna see!)

A-toll's looks more like cloth to me. i like the Bang Doll's the most.(what is with that name though?) looks like any whip sword you'd encounter in fantasy settings! COOL!

so aside from super thin females Nagano has a thing for Mecha hair? XD
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Seto Kaiba

Re: "Hair" in Mechas

Henyo wrote:performs image search...can't fight any image showing the L-Gai..err..Junchoon's hair thingies.
(a little help on that front? i wanna see!)
The scene in question is in Book VII of the Five Star Stories, around page 38. It shows up during the endgame of the Colus-Hagooda war, when it's revealed that Hagooda is being used by the Fillmore Empire and they send Vralgo Kentauri's Siren-F to take down Junchoon and Colus III. Junchoon takes a hit to the head and cockpit with a speid, and the armor breaks off... to reveal a face and "hair" underneath after Colus dies and Clotho takes control.

http://www.gearsonline.net/series/fives ... nchoon.php

Fourth image in the "After Sopp's upgrade" category... that's from right after Clotho takes control.

Henyo wrote:i like the Bang Doll's the most.(what is with that name though?) looks like any whip sword you'd encounter in fantasy settings! COOL!
IIRC, its real name/designation is B-EX SSI 02 Kulvulcan... but it's popular nickname is Bang Doll.

I forgot about the whip-sword bits... I was referring to that big damn mane of spikes that stretch out behind it like 15m to keep it from being attacked from behind. I guess the whip-sword parts count, since that's what they're anchored to.

There's somethin' vaguely similar on the Knight of Gold 2988 type, but it only shows up in that ceremonial shot for Aisha's coronation... a pair of big mecha ponytails that dangle from the big head crest thing.

Henyo wrote:so aside from super thin females Nagano has a thing for Mecha hair? XD
A thing for making mecha as ornate as humanly possible... FSS literally runs on "awesome but impractical" in-universe because it keeps the collateral damage down.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...