Question about Gundam data

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
MythSearcher

Re: Question about Gundam data

Hitiro wrote:That's what I think is indicated in the series. But we never actually see it being any more beneficial than the other Gundams I don't believe. If Sandrock does have the best armour it isn't significant enough to warrant a completely different armour rating from the others. Of course if Sandrock took a space colony to the face and survived or got hit by an armada of beam weapons and ballistic fire and came out okay then I would clearly put him above the other Gundams.

Unless I missed something in the series he has no feats to warrant an increase over the rest.
Well, numerically the difference is like 140 vs 150, and all of them can block most solid shells.
Thickness difference makes more sense, but in a normal anime, you won't see much of a difference.
In a game, it will be better to have a little bit of difference, like in the health or damage reduction.
If units have something like 10~15k HP, eing hit by a 150 base damage shell will only be a 1 HP deduction on a 150 armour unit but a 10 HP deduction in a 140 armour unit. A super powerful beam with like 8000 base damage will not be much of difference as well, and that seems to be what we are seeing in show.
Hitiro

MythSearcher wrote:Well, numerically the difference is like 140 vs 150, and all of them can block most solid shells.
Thickness difference makes more sense, but in a normal anime, you won't see much of a difference.
In a game, it will be better to have a little bit of difference, like in the health or damage reduction.
If units have something like 10~15k HP, eing hit by a 150 base damage shell will only be a 1 HP deduction on a 150 armour unit but a 10 HP deduction in a 140 armour unit. A super powerful beam with like 8000 base damage will not be much of difference as well, and that seems to be what we are seeing in show.
I hear you. But this is a fantasy league type of game where you pick your mobile suits, their pilots, and then pit them against other teams much like a football fantasy league or rugby fantasy league. Now a Mobile Suit being 3 times faster than another Mobile Suit is a significant factor to use in this scenario. In comparison, Sandrock being able to survive possibly another shot in battle due to his armour being slightly thicker isn't going to make much of a difference in this scenario.

As we've seen in the show it never suggests that Sandrock is so superior to the other Gundams that he could take a volley of more shots than another Gundam. At least not that I have seen. And these battles will be based entirely on the stats plus RNG. If you have a good team then you are more than likely guaranteed a win. But if it comes down to two Gundams fairly close in specs except one has slightly thicker armour then it can still go either way. I may as well put the battle chance as 50:50 rather than 49.745:50.255 because it isn't going make much difference either way.
MythSearcher

Hitiro wrote:
MythSearcher wrote:Well, numerically the difference is like 140 vs 150, and all of them can block most solid shells.
I hear you. But this is a fantasy league type of game where you pick your mobile suits, their pilots, and then pit them against other teams much like a football fantasy league or rugby fantasy league. Now a Mobile Suit being 3 times faster than another Mobile Suit is a significant factor to use in this scenario. In comparison, Sandrock being able to survive possibly another shot in battle due to his armour being slightly thicker isn't going to make much of a difference in this scenario.

As we've seen in the show it never suggests that Sandrock is so superior to the other Gundams that he could take a volley of more shots than another Gundam. At least not that I have seen. And these battles will be based entirely on the stats plus RNG. If you have a good team then you are more than likely guaranteed a win. But if it comes down to two Gundams fairly close in specs except one has slightly thicker armour then it can still go either way. I may as well put the battle chance as 50:50 rather than 49.745:50.255 because it isn't going make much difference either way.
In that case, giving them more health is the simplest solution.
Never played fantasy league type of game, only giving advice based on general SLG/RPG/ACT, etc.
Hitiro

MythSearcher wrote:In that case, giving them more health is the simplest solution.
Never played fantasy league type of game, only giving advice based on general SLG/RPG/ACT, etc.
Fantasy league games just take the stats of the players, in this case the Gundams and the pilots, and give them a set chance of winning the game/fight. Then it comes down to the RNG(Random number generator) to determine who won the game/fight.

But if I'm dealing with the Gundams and Sandrock can take one shot more than the other Gundams from being destroyed I may as well just leave him at the same level as the other Gundams because 1 additional hit isn't going to be significant enough to change the chance he wins by a lot. It's never really implied that Sandrock's armour thickness is enough to give him a significant advantage in a battle against the other Gundams. So I should just put them on even ground.

The only data I really care about is data that shows vast differences between mobile suits and Gundams. All the Gundams were revised from the Tallgeese mobile suit so they more than likely have comparable speeds. So if I were to put a Gundam against an Aries Mobile Suit which is 3x slower than Tallgeese and it was piloted with say Hiiro Yui then the chance for the Aries to win would be something like 1% maybe.
MythSearcher

Hitiro wrote:Fantasy league games just take the stats of the players, in this case the Gundams and the pilots, and give them a set chance of winning the game/fight. Then it comes down to the RNG(Random number generator) to determine who won the game/fight.

But if I'm dealing with the Gundams and Sandrock can take one shot more than the other Gundams from being destroyed I may as well just leave him at the same level as the other Gundams because 1 additional hit isn't going to be significant enough to change the chance he wins by a lot. It's never really implied that Sandrock's armour thickness is enough to give him a significant advantage in a battle against the other Gundams. So I should just put them on even ground.

The only data I really care about is data that shows vast differences between mobile suits and Gundams. All the Gundams were revised from the Tallgeese mobile suit so they more than likely have comparable speeds. So if I were to put a Gundam against an Aries Mobile Suit which is 3x slower than Tallgeese and it was piloted with say Hiiro Yui then the chance for the Aries to win would be something like 1% maybe.
Well, I guess that doesn't sounded like my choice of game type.