Gatling Gun Zakus

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
doghunter1

Gatling Gun Zakus

So, what's the difference between the Zaku Half Cannon and the Gatling Gun Equipment-Type Zaku Cannon anyways?
Dark Duel

Re: Gatling Gun Zakus

At a glance, the latter appears to be built from an MS-06D Zaku Desert Type, while the former uses a stock MS-06 base. Might be minor differences in armament.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
domtropen

The latter is Zaku Cannon that replaces its cannon with gatling gun.
Zeonista

The Gatling-Gun equipped Zaku Cannon is exactly as shown, a Zaku Cannon with a main weapon swap. The Zaku Half Cannon is a field-applicable support backpack for the typical Zaku-J that lets it mount the same type of gatling cannon. (It would make a nice GBF accessory set, no? :) )
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
doghunter1

Nice replies, though what about by role? I mean, isn't the Gatling Gun equipment supposed to make a Zaku Cannon shread aircraft into pieces?
Zeonista

doghunter1 wrote:Nice replies, though what about by role? I mean, isn't the Gatling Gun equipment supposed to make a Zaku Cannon shread aircraft into pieces?
doghunter1 wrote:Nice replies, though what about by role? I mean, isn't the Gatling Gun equipment supposed to make a Zaku Cannon shread aircraft into pieces?
In both cases the mount allows for an AA role.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Deathzealot

Also wasn't there a Gunner Zaku at one time that had a Gatling Cannon equipped to the arm?
Gelgoog Jager

I think that the issue at hand is that despite its multiple appearances in games and even in animated format, the Zaku Cannon is still considered to a model that was only produced in very limited quantities. Therefore the backpack is supposed to make up for the lack of MS-06K units by allowing to convert regular MS-06J units into similar units.

That being said, there do are some noticeable differences that do set both models apart, namely the legs and head:

The MS-06K supposedly relied entirely on its leg thrusters since the cannon backpack lacked any, much like the Desert Zaku whose radiator backpack also lacks thrusters (except for the specialized version introduced in MSV-R). I should note that in particular, the MS-06K's leg thrusters resemble the ones from the YMS-09/MS-09A Prototype Dom. Finally, some videogames (Crossfire and 0081) have depicted some MS-06K units equipped with a backpack that has both a larger cannon (very similar to the MS-09K.-1) and two thrusters at the bottom, which seem to come at the expense of being unable to equip the waist mounted Big Guns.

The head of the MS-06K is meant to allow the mono-eye to rotate 360 around the head, allowing it to spot enemies easier, and it also has an additional camera on top of the head which I assume its for improved targeting. The MS-14C also equips a similar camera on its own head.

EDIT:
Deathzealot wrote:Also wasn't there a Gunner Zaku at one time that had a Gatling Cannon equipped to the arm?
I at least recall the MS-06F2 being able to carry a hanheld gatling gun, according to the HGUC MS-21C manual. Besides it there's the shield mounted gatling guns of the Gouf Custom & Gouf Flight Type, and the backpack mounted gatling gun of the Gouf Tactical Assault Type:

http://dalong.net/review/hg/h133/p/h133_m0002.JPG
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2012 ... ustom1.jpg
http://www.marunekodo.com/shop/cgis/goo ... 0006&sort=
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MS-07G-2_G ... sault_Type