RX-178 vs RX-78NT1 vs RX-78 GP01

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.

Which would win in a battle?

RX-78 NT1
100%
RX-78 Gp01
No votes
RX-178
No votes

Total votes: 1
bumsdeclaf

RX-178 vs RX-78NT1 vs RX-78 GP01

Hello everyone, I just joined up after seeing a discussion I was having on another forum on here about gundam g04/g05 and whether or not these suits would be capable of operating in ground conditions.

But there was another argument that arose as well in talking about what would be acceptable suits in the game GBO, and one I suggested was RX-178, but many thought this suit would be too overpowered.

I personally think it wont seeing how Rx-78NT1 and RX-78Gp01 are already in the game and, while these suits are really high end, they still dont tip the balance too bad.

The way I see it, nt1 and gp01 are both faster than mkII. Firepower should be about the same between the three, maybe favoring nt1 with the 90mm vulcans. On top of that mkII is made of titanium ceramic composite while gp01 is made of gundarium and nt1 is made of luna titanium. A disadvantage for GP01 is its lack of 360° cockpit monitor, but nt1 employs this as does mk2. The only real advantage mk2 would have over nt1 and gp01 is greater body maneuverability since it has a movable frame and greater generator output which implies it having greater "strength". but NT1 is more appears to still be more maneuverable than both due to greater number of verniers than rx-178 and ability to turn 180° faster than gp01.

Now before any of you guys say that mk2 should win since its newer, I dont think it was meant to be as high performance as NT1, the intended replacement suit for Amuro, or the experimental prototype of Gp01. RX-178 is simply another attempt at making a cheaper Gundam while still offering greater performance than the original rx-78. This is why mk2 in a way pales in comparison to the high end specialized versions of RX-78.

What do you think?
Chris
Administrator

Re: RX-178 vs RX-78NT1 vs RX-78 GP01

Hi. Please check the Mecha subforum rules. No versus threads are allowed. Locked.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his