The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AmuroNT1

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Mecha Thread Mk I

Raikoh wrote:Lightning Gundam was utterly demolished by The End in their first battle. A little tweaking and its power level suddenly becomes high enough to beat The End. This suggests that even a minor adjustment to build quality makes a major factor in specs.
While I can understand that adding a new backpack might only seem like "a little tweaking", both Try and the original Build Fighters established that the better built a Gunpla, the better its in-game performance; come to that, so did Gunpla Builders, but a lot more ham-fistedly with Haru actually getting bawled out for having nubs and bits of flash (waste plastic) on his model. And it should go without saying that the series kept telling us how great a builder Yuuma is. Plus, I dunno if I'd say a performance boost that makes it as fast as a Gundam with Transam is only a minor improvement.

As for the Crossbone thing, I do think it's important to remember that Lucas was fighting all three members of Celestial Sphere at the same time. While Gundam does have similar "David vs. Goliath" battles, the most popular example (Gouf Custom vs. the 08th Team) is different because Packard was using guerrilla tactics and ambushes rather than a direct fight*. Lucas was taking on three opponents at the same time, all of whom were shown to be skilled enough to make it into the World Championships solo. To me that's pretty impressive.

*This shouldn't be taken as a criticism of Norris' skill; I'm just saying his fight isn't wholly comparable to Lucas vs. CS.

Also, regarding the question of whether or not the Burning and Transient were recharged at the start of the "Overtime" fight, I would assume they were. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for them to allow a brief repair period, then start both Gunpla off at half-empty fuel tanks (or however far down they were).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Raikoh

Problem is that even the "model quality = power" thing proved to be inconsistent. On the one hand, you have a scratchbuilt Destiny that didn't even have the nubs removed fighting on par with Build Burning. Then one of the very next fights has a master-built Hyaku Shiki mod, damaged or not, shattering its fist by punching BB in the face. THEN then, we have Minato building the Tryon, which makes the Mega Shiki look like a joke (well, more of a joke) by actually being able to put up a great fight, despite being built by the same guy who as far as we know did not have a massive leap in his building skill in the interim (and I think I remember Minato saying the Mega Shiki was one of his finest works).

There also is the matter of Meijin's Red Warrior, which by Yuuma's own admission was so well-built that it makes his unit look like a grunt in terms of stats. How do we know how much of a leg up the Crossbone may or may not have had by being by Wilfrid's own admission the best built machine in the tournament? We can't tell because we never saw the Crossbone in a position where it was doing well, nor did we ever put in perspective what it was capable of. Based entirely on what we were told and what we saw, it was at best on the same level as a CS unit, since as people stated before, most of his interactions in that battle were in a 1v1.

Try is just too inconsistent to paint a solid picture of how much the quality of the build plays into the specs.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
domtropen

It had been shown since 1st episode of Build Fighters that pilot's skill counts a lot in gunpla battle, otherwise Sei's Wing would beat the crap out of Sazaki's not so well-built Gyan. Meijin III also demonstrates that half broken lower built skill Lightning with better pilot can destroy the top class Red Warrior. I see no reason scratchbuilt gunpla with good pilot can fight on par with much better gunpla with newbie pilot [like SF Dan with good player beating Gouki].

Mega Shiki is Minato's made to order gunpla, so it is unlikely to be Minato's absolute best effort. Despite that it is still a very powerful gunpla with the superb saber and mega launcher that rivals all other top gunplas' super moves. However it is already nearly destroyed by Lightning before trying its pathetic punch at Burning [which we see later on that it is not normally built - come with pretty complete inner frame etc that should be more durable than most other gunplas]. Tryon is basically 3 top-level gunplas combined into one, with the plasky power at least 3 times other top level gunplas, so no wonder it is so overpowered. During the fight Minato did use almost all of Tryon's plasky particles early in the fight to end it quickly, resulting in Tryon having less than 1/4 particles of his supposed three times more than other top class gunplas left.

One question about power usage: how many times can transient, star winning, and others [perhaps except build burning and the end] use their super power moves per fight?
Dark Duel

"As many times as the plot dictates" would be the answer, since Plavsky particle consumption is only ever superficially discussed, and never quantified - there are no solid numbers for how much any Gunpla has nor how much this or that move consumes.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
balofo

Welp the Lightning Z gunpla doesn't even come with beam sabers. Worst design along the Zakus

Lel, the gunpla info for the Kabakali stress Mask was able to destroy G-Self's left leg and tie with Bellri piloting it.

MASK STRONG!
latenlazy

balofo wrote:Welp the Lightning Z gunpla doesn't even come with beam sabers. Worst design along the Zakus

Lel, the gunpla info for the Kabakali stress Mask was able to destroy G-Self's left leg and tie with Bellri piloting it.

MASK STRONG!
...After the G-Self ran out of power.
Raikoh

balofo wrote:Welp the Lightning Z gunpla doesn't even come with beam sabers. Worst design along the Zakus
Makes sense to me. Try follows the logic that you don't bring a sword to a fistfight.

Can anyone confirm why the Leopard da Vinci is getting a Gunpla? It appeared for all of five seconds in the last episode and did nothing of note. Is it just because the Leopard hasn't had a release in a while? Also, looking at it side-by-side with the Leopard, it looks way too similar, the only differences being in proportions (I don't count that as a difference because then Re:100 Dijeh would be a different unit) and some weapons loadout. Even the paintjob is the same as old Leopard more or less.

Also, why did Suga go from using a jet to using a Gundam? Wasn't he known for always using fighters? Did he crumble under the pressure of Try being highly in support of an unbalanced meta?
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
PowerdGNFlag

Raikoh wrote: Can anyone confirm why the Leopard da Vinci is getting a Gunpla? It appeared for all of five seconds in the last episode and did nothing of note. Is it just because the Leopard hasn't had a release in a while? Also, looking at it side-by-side with the Leopard, it looks way too similar, the only differences being in proportions (I don't count that as a difference because then Re:100 Dijeh would be a different unit) and some weapons loadout. Even the paintjob is the same as old Leopard more or less.

Also, why did Suga go from using a jet to using a Gundam? Wasn't he known for always using fighters? Did he crumble under the pressure of Try being highly in support of an unbalanced meta?
Suga's mainly a heavy-firepower/bombardment type, with his grappling as a fallback for close-range. Give him a unit with enough guns and missiles and at least two arms and he's good.

The Leopard DV is a slimmed-down version of the original (literally too), removing most of the fixed armaments for more modular-styled ones.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
balofo

The End manual info:
-H:20.2, W:12.3t. It weighs like an AC MS :)
-large hands are called Fist the End
-Ikkaku's NT-D like form is called ツノワレ
-Guard Form: wings closed
-Attack Form: wings open
-Final Degundam Form: Ikkaku used for drill attacks
-Akumaguy?(アクマッガイ) Form: armor slides revealing sensors, chest mouth appears for biting and energy absorption

We'll never know the name of the final attack...

Best Try design by far
BrentD15

balofo wrote:Best Try design by far.
Agreed. :D
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25