The Official Gundam Reconguista Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Mecha Thread Mk I

Ippei twitter info:
-Trinity blue shower attack is actually called Button Bullet(ボタン弾) which are ultra-small missiles. It's equipped in every limb, 24 launchers in total.
-The chest and legs are equipped with weak Pulse Beam Guns, 10 in total.
-The palms are equipped each with a Beam Gun/Beam Saber.

Funny, I tried to count the Pulse Beams and Missile Launchers manually but they don't match the numbers given by Ippei. I'm considering all the purple barrels(arms: 8 in each plus legs: 4 in each) to be missile launchers and the 2 small chest barrels plus the tip of the legs openings(4 in each leg) to be the Pulse Beams
balofo

EDIT: updated

MP Mack Knife manual info:
-Model Number: CAMS-05P
-H:16.0m(same), W:32.4(lighter).
-Excessive specs were adjusted for combat
-Uses various standard parts from other MS
-Not produced on the same level as the Catsith/Elf Bullock
-Used by skilled troops often
-Weapon info is the same

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CH2cWqVUYAAOpR1.jpg:orig

MP Elf Bullock manual info:
-Model Number: CAMS-03P
-H:19.1m(same), W: 43.1t(ligther). Funny it says this value is the total height but Mask's unit has a large antenna that is even taller than the shoulders, this value is either the head height sans antennas or is wrong
-Internal mechanisms and raw materials cost less than Mask's machine
-Uses the same standard head sensor from the Catsith
-After being deployed to Mask Troops it was given to each Nut as a defense unit
-Mask Troops were designed to test/implement prototypes
-Weapon info is the same

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CH2cWqkUcAAkbcm.jpg:orig

I will look for a better scan for more info
Last edited by balofo on Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrentD15

Nice stuff, balofo.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

Ippei said the Zansgatt has unusual equipment, now I'm curious

BTW the HG G-Self Reflector Pack is webshop exclusive but it should come with its own manual like the MP Elf/Mack just released. There should be some in depth explanation for its abilities.

G-Reco complete MS specs should appear in a few days
balofo

Well, MS Catalog only gives model numbers to Wuxia(should be CAMS-04) and Dharma(should be VGMM-La01a), every other MS that didn't get a kit doesn't have any other info listed...

Next hope is the G-Reco mecha mook that should be released later this year

BTW Kabakali's original name was G-IT, the leader machine of the G-IT Corps. Its Beam Sabers(ビームセイバー) have a little less output than Gaeon's.Manual in a few weeks
Chris
Administrator

Any specs listed for the Wuxia and Dharma?
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
balofo

Chris wrote:Any specs listed for the Wuxia and Dharma?
Only model numbers :(
balofo

Kabakali manual info:
-Model Number: VGMM-Git01. H:19.3m, W:40.2t. Armaments: Beam Shotgun, Beam Ring, Beam Saber.
-After Kia Mubeki seized the G-IT Lab, the standard MP machine Re G-IT was used as base for a newly designed flagship and commander machine developed under the codename G-IT only to be named after by Captain Mask as Kabakali. With the Reconguista expected to occur in the near future it holds the capability of entering Earth's atmosphere unaided and Minovsky Flight for Earth's gravity. It was assembled as an all-purpose machine for potential practical use of a great variety of special armaments. Kia's dream of piloting it for the final battle after arriving on Earth didn't come true so it was given to CA's Mask.
-Knee armor has heat-resistant film for solo atmospheric entry, both shoulder shields have built-in Minovsky Flight devices. It's a machine created on the assumption of operating in the Earth Sphere. It's completed as an all purpose machine that flourishes all-round due to its sturdy build and high commanding function plus armaments for dealing with long, medium and short range respectively.
-This unit has an inherit high augmentability similar to the G-Self's and is a machine that can be equipped with various backpacks, the Beam Ring Container is only one of them.
-Beam Ring: Disc equipped with Minovsky Flight with beam blades that expand from its outer circumference that acts as a medium-range weapon. Operated by a laser emitted from the palm of the hands. Stored on the back Container.
-Beam Shotgun: Medium to long-distance weapon, it's possible to fire either straight or diffuse beams. Diffuse beam requires custom bullets and magazine.
-Beam Saber: Melee weapon built on the back of the hands. By adjusting the output it's possible to increase its length to 2 times the MS size.

The Beam Shotgun may be a retcon(anime got it wrong) but the missile from the underbarrel was BS.

Perfect Pack in October.

I will do an analysis of the MS Catalog 2015 lineart soon, many interesting gimmicks that we're never going to see animated.
hitokirigarou

I wonder why it's taking so long for them to come up with model numbers and height/weight stats.
BrentD15

hitokirigarou wrote:I wonder why it's taking so long for them to come up with model numbers and height/weight stats.
Well, how long did it take for the stats to be calculated for the original MSG units?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Deathzealot

And didn't only recently get model numbers for the Dopp and the Magella?
BrentD15

Deathzealot wrote:And didn't only recently get model numbers for the Dopp and the Magella?
Exactly.
I think this might tie into the argument that we've spoiled ourselves with all this readily-accessible content when it took months, if not years, after the actual anime was released for said content to be made available.
Chris
Administrator

BrentD15 wrote:
hitokirigarou wrote:I wonder why it's taking so long for them to come up with model numbers and height/weight stats.
Well, how long did it take for the stats to be calculated for the original MSG units?
MSG is pretty irrelevant in this case because it was so long ago and all the technical data were retcons made years later. Most of this information is usually created during the show's production run, and ZZ would even occasionally show the model numbers on screen when a new mobile suit was introduced. So G-Reco not having all this data out months after the end of the show's broadcast is out of the norm.
balofo

Zangastt gimmicks revealed in the latest HJ:
-It's equipped with a large solid bullet equipment called 大型質量弾ビンブリット for use against I-Fields. Since I haven't seen the lineart/scratchbuild I have no idea what exactly this equipment actually is. Could be the handheld firearm we thought was a beam rifle or the holes all over its front armor...
-Head Vulcans and wrist fixed Beam Sabers
-Head Visor has a maximum mode sensor gimmick as shown in MS Catalog 2015.

It was a powerful MS that sadly never saw action
Kuruni

While collecting data about G-Self, I found this old interview with Akira Yasuda (back in last year). I tried search for few key words here and none turn up, so I guess it's worth posting.

It appear that the photon armor is made from material call "invisible titanium", and its photon battery is more advance than other MS by few generations.
My girlfriend was a loli.
RLZIII

The more I see the G-Self, the more I can't wait to have the eventual Master Grade in my hands...
balofo

Ok, definite info on the Zansgatt weapons:
-Handheld weapon is a Beam Rifle
-Arm fixed melee weapon is called Beam Pata(old Indian sword with gauntlet)
-The 大型質量弾ビンブリット is fired by air pressure from the chest and side armor

Apparently there's a Futabasha G-Reco mecha mook coming on October, stay tuned
balofo

Perfect Pack manual:
-Model number: BPMF-01. H:15.6m(Pack only), W:13.1t(Pack only). Armaments: Beam Rifle(Towasanga made), Photon Armor Shield, Traffic Fin, Photon Torpedo, Photon Searcher, Tractor Beam, Omnidirectional Laser.
-The Perfect Pack was built by the Megafauna's mechanic genius Happa inside the Crescent Ship on its way home to the Earth Sphere from Venus Globe, borrowing the capability of the accompanying VG engineers and making use of newly obtained material, officially it was made in VG. It possess the the ability of every backpack so far, it also has unique magnificent functions incorporated to this backpack, it's the first pack created for the G-Self's exclusive use. It became a powerful weapon capable of even single-handedly influencing the outcome of the war.
-Having the functionality of every previous backpack , Photon Armor's color shifts at the time of each mode activation.
-Photon Armor Shield(nickname: Copy and Paste Shield) is built by applying the technology of the Reflector Pack, not only it can nullify beam attacks but also absorb and convert energy to itself. Trying to use the Photon Energy emitted from the multi-layered shield during the atmospheric reentry as a cushion in response to the adiabatic compression was Bellri's quick wit.
-Omnidirectional Laser: weapon that releases the astounding energy from the G-Self's whole body Photon Batteries as omnidirectional lasers.
-Photon Searcher: Sensor particles are released from the Perfect Pack's base to act in Photon Energy sensing. The particles look like black smoke to the pilot but on the outside they are invisible.
-Traffic Fin: independent operating parts that are attached to the left and right of the Perfect Pack. Guided Missile and also the Tractor Beam's emission port.
-Photon Armor Shield: custom shield developed as a set with the Perfect Pack. It has been produced utilizing the Reflector Pack's technology. Energy consumption is intense.
-Tractor Beam: it's a beam for restricting the enemy's movement that interferes with his control system, uses the Tricky Pack's technology.
-Beam Rifle(Towasanga): Beam Rifle that was in G-Self's possession when it fell from space. Its convergence and destructive power are greater than the Amerian ones.
-Photon Torpedo: anti-matter trapped in crystal form generated by the Perfect Pack's base. The material hit is wholly shaven off by means of low-temperature annihilation.

That's it for the normal releases, Reflector Pack in September if I can find the info
Chris
Administrator

Cool, thanks for the info. Did I miss it at some point, or did the base G-Self kit not provide a model number/specs for the Atmospheric Backpack?
balofo

Chris wrote:Cool, thanks for the info. Did I miss it at some point, or did the base G-Self kit not provide a model number/specs for the Atmospheric Backpack?
Yes, no model number/specs so far for Atmospheric, High Torque, Reflector and Tricky. Hopefully we will get them when the incoming mooks release.

Though Reflector must be BPAM-04 and Tricky BPAM-03 or vice-versa. High Torque must be something like BPCA-01, no idea for the Towasanga model numbers.