The Official Gundam Reconguista Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Mecha Thread Mk I

MSV series to start next month in HJ by Ippei!

Interview info:
-Kabakali confirmed to be originally the captain machine of the Re-GIT, also a Towasanga G-Line machine
-Re-GIT knee shields are inspired on the Marasai ones
-Guytrash has Pulse Beams
-Full Dress might get a kit that can transform
-Zansgatt was originally a Towasanga machine with Zanscare inspiration
-Poligit has 2 different armament sets
-Trinity funnels have a small missile spread attack(that blue one in the anime?)
Deathzealot

balofo wrote:MSV series to start next month in HJ by Ippei!
I can't wait!!! Sweet!
BrentD15

Awesome!
Should we start a separate thread for them?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

G-Rach info:
-Beam Cannons all over its body
-Bits are called Bifrost Bit.
-Has I-Field
-Meele arm weapon is called Centiped
balofo

Catsith manual info:

-Model Number CAMS-02. H:18.0m, W:39.2t. Armaments: Beam Rifle, Beam Saber, Missile Pod, Leg Missile, Shield.
-The intercontinental Godwan-Ameria war broght a rapid expansion of military power due to theRose of Hermes' MS blueprints. Therefore, CA was also forced to develop MS to act as a deterrent. Fortunately for CA they had the accumulated technology from the Recten used in Tower maintenance making MS development less difficult. The Catsith was born from this. There were rumors of Gondwan technical cooperation during development and use of confidential Rose of Hermes blueprints.
-For the purpose of fighting on Earth, the Catsith was specialized in aerial combat. Therefore aerial high mobility and long range cruise abilities are essential, particularly much effort was put into the wings' design and balance tuning.
-Taking into account the advantage of aerial combat the beam sabers are mounted in the leg. The arms on the shoulder can mount Shield, Missile Pods and other armaments resulting in excellent expansion ability. The machines that appeared later equipped with space backpack were used basically for defense.
-Beam Saber: leg built-in high output beam saber. Foot melee combat design has changed the way battles themselves are fought.
-Beam Rifle: the beam rifle was designed to be the most flat possible considering air resistance. Since it uses Universal Standard other MS can use it too.
-Armament variation:
-Leg Missile: like the beam saber, leg built-in small missiles .
-Missile Pod: 4-tube missile pod. Can be mounted on the shoulder expansion arm in place of the shield

Funny they didn't mention the head vulcans

Dahack in May
BrentD15

balofo wrote:Funny they didn't mention the head vulcans

Dahack in May
Like how they failed to mention the vulcans for the Bawoo(ZZ) and Gyunei's Jagd Doga, even though they were shown using them? :P
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

BrentD15 wrote:
balofo wrote:Funny they didn't mention the head vulcans

Dahack in May
Like how they failed to mention the vulcans for the Bawoo(ZZ) and Gyunei's Jagd Doga, even though they were shown using them? :P
Except those are clearly animation errors. Catsith clearly has vulcan barrels on its head although never used. Please.

Anyway Recten must be CAMS-01 and Wuxia is CAMS-04. No idea for the Recksnow
toysdream

Well, technically the Recten is a Capital Guard mobile suit (it has its own category on the official website). So perhaps it's CGMS-01 (or whatever), and the Recksnow is CAMS-01?

-- Mark
balofo

I thought about that too. Sadly we won't know for sure until either MS Catalog 2015 or a G-Reco mecha mook is released.

I wonder what the GH in the Grimoire's model number means

They've only announced a character lineart mook for now :(
Deathzealot

What I am wondering is that if the Cat Sith is CAMS-02 and the Elf Bullock is CAMS-03 then what about the Elf Bull. The Mack Knife is CAMS-05 which is means there is still CAMS-01 and CAMS-04. I think the Elf Bull is going to be the CAMS-01 for I got the impression it was developed before the Cat Sith by the dialogue when the Elf Bullock first showed up. Meanwhile the Wuxia would most likely be CAMS-04 since it was introduced right before the Mack Knife. The Recten series may get a separate model number series especially since they look to be primarily Capital Guard Machines.
Kuruni

Since Elf Bull is prototype of Elf Bullock, it's also possible that it's CAMS-Y03 (or something like that).
My girlfriend was a loli.
balofo

Interview with Ippei plus we get to see some details:
-Ygradassil has beam cannons throughout its body. The pyramid top and corners are rotationary thrusters
-Bifron has vulcans turrets mounted on the large legs
-Mazraster has a rear waist Photon Balancer and chest Beam Vulcans
-Conque de Venus is indeed an Ippei original design, not a cleanup from Yamane. The ends of the tendrils are shown

Shame so many good designs full of gimmicks never got to shine.

http://i.imgur.com/ONaYNKV.jpg
balofo

Dahack manual info:
-Model number: VGMM-La01b. H:18.5m, W: 35.5t. Armaments: Beam Cannon, Beam Barrier
-MA Dharma and MS Dahack were built by the G-IT Lab to achieve long distance deployment without using a mothership. The strategy consists in using the Dharma for the long range travel and also for protection until the Dahack control unit is separated to perform combat in the area. Main armaments are the beam cannons that double as beam sabers, it also has the Beam Barrier built-in defense system in both hands. In Venus Globe it was used for mining and transporting mineral resources until it came to Earth in the Crescent Ship and was assigned to Ameria becoming Klim Nick's personal machine.
-Main armament are 4 Beam Cannons connected to the backpack. This is its only armament mounted on the body and it doesn't carry other armament like a Beam Rifle. Instead it uses the hand's built-in Beam Barrier wide range of motion for defense granting it a high battle continuation ability. In peacetime the Beam Barrier is used for protection against debris during mining.
-Beam Barrier: Beam Barrier that uses I-Field in order to also absorb the enemy's energy as a ability called Plunder.
-Beam Cannon: backpack attachment that are 4 beam generators in total. Other than Beam Cannon it can also be used as a Beam Saber.

Gastima in June.
balofo

-1st MSV is going to be Land Type Catsith.
-Dellesen custom machine is sand yellow color
-A Mecha mook is in the works
-No new G-Self backpack planned as of now for MSV
BrentD15

balofo wrote:-1st MSV is going to be Land Type Catsith.
-Dellesen custom machine is sand yellow color
-A Mecha mook is in the works
-No new G-Self backpack planned as of now for MSV
I'm sure it'll be like the F90, with an Amphibious backpack, an Atmospheric Re-entry backpack, etc. :P
Xenosynth

First bit of the preview of the Catsith Ground Battle Type. Dunno if the full image is released yet, just saw the preview on the G-Reco twitter.
balofo

Xenosynth wrote:First bit of the preview of the Catsith Ground Battle Type. Dunno if the full image is released yet, just saw the preview on the G-Reco twitter.
I already made a thread just for the MSV

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16553
Xenosynth

Ahh shoot, sorry. I just noticed the G no Reconguista twitter posted it so I assumed it was new, sorry!
balofo

Info from Ippei's twitter:
-While Beam weapons make use of heavy metal particles, a Photon Laser uses super compressed photons causing a degeneracy resulting in energy convergence. It's done using VG Photon Battery tech. It resembles a high convergence beam that makes use of the infinite photon supply
-The mouth of the G-rod is a Photon Laser Cannon while the ones on the head of the Gaeon were an attempt to miniaturize it that failed since the barrel needs to be replaced after just 5 seconds of use.
-Photon Laser has a similar range but a longer cutting power than a Beam.
-Gaeon could down 2 battleships with it but that would make its head melt with the Limiter removed
balofo

Gastima manual:
-Model Number: VGMM-Sc02. H: 19.2m, W:41.4t. Armaments: Extra-large Beam Saber, Head Beam Gun, Beam Rifle, Beam Barrier, Funnel Missile, Diffusion Beam Gun.
-G-IT Lab had the purpose of inheriting and developing UC MS technology, Gastima was developed together with the preceding Gaeon and G-Rod folllowing the design concept of a 3 machine battle force. While invading an enemy territory G-rod has the role of a suppression MA, Gaeon defends the G-Rod and is also the commanding machine and Gastima is responsible for raiding. This 3 machine combination is the prime operational assumption, Gaeon has the role of King, G-Rod is the queen and Gastima is the knight.
-This machine's Extra-large Beam Saber which is connected to the Photon Battery by cable has unparalleled output, it can cut a space battleship in half in a single stroke. This huge output is adjusted by the back mounted Photon Balancer, excess output is released from there. This mechanism is the same as the Grimoire's Photon Radiator but corresponds to a higher output.
-The ample use of the high output Photon Battery is able to allow the operation of the Extra-high output Beam Saber which is usually unthinkable.
-Extra-large Beam Saber: Extra-high output Beam Saber that is directly connected to Photon Battery by a cable. If the cable is not connected it has only about 10% of its power.
-Head Beam Gun: built-in center of the forehead Beam Gun. To fire it slides the head parts.
-Beam Barrier: left shoulder built-in circular Beam Barrier. Its range is that so it doesn't get in the way of melee combat.
-Beam Rifle: custom Beam Rifle developed for the Gastima. While it has high output it's not used much since the Beam Sabers are its main weapons.
-Funnel Missile: wireless guided weapons mounted on the right shoulder. Since it incorporates Photon Eye Sensor it boasts a high accuracy rate even under Minovsky Particles scattering.
-Diffusion Beam Gun: Beam Gun that's mounted on the right shoulder. Wide range low power beam emission used for restraint or debris destruction.

No mention of the Beam Barrier doubling as a Beam Gun as seen in the final ep.

Ippei twitter: all VG MS use the same standard manipulators

Kabakali in July, but we should have the specs for all the G-Reco machines from the MS Catalog 2015 by then.