The Official Gundam Reconguista Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Mecha Thread Mk I

Arsarcana wrote:Hmm, something like Sandrock's Shield Flashers maybe?
Likely, it seems the Pirate weapons are designed for restraint if the Beam Wire is like the Beam String.
balofo

-Photon battery is compressed light accumulated
-Towasanga(moon colony) provides the photon battery to Earth but they are actually produced in Venus Globe and brought to the Moon once a year in spaceships.
-The spaceship design this time is silly with extravagant colors
-Grimoire is made in Amelia
-G-Self and G-Arcane can share backpacks
-Beam Javelin tech is different from UC
gunform1010

balofo wrote:-Photon battery is compressed light accumulated
-Towasanga(moon colony) provides the photon battery to Earth but they are actually produced in Venus Globe and brought to the Moon once a year in spaceships.
-The spaceship design this time is silly with extravagant colors
-Grimoire is made in Amelia
-G-Self and G-Arcane can share backpacks
-Beam Javelin tech is different from UC
1. That's really cool!
2. Why?
3. Let me see.
4. Is there a secret lab of sorts? Since you know, no one really like MSes in this timeline.
5. GIMMICKS
6. How so?
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
balofo

These 10 minutes answer many things:
-Raraya brought the G-Reco with its: Atmospheric backpack, original Beam Rifle and the red Shield.
http://imgur.com/TYg03K8

-Aida uses the G-Reco with an unknown model Beam Rifle and the blue Shield. These might be Amelia's made equipment like the space backpack.
http://imgur.com/G0kwMLN
http://imgur.com/VMDRVl7

-Grimoire has wire anchor on its left armor with shocking capability. The ones on the intro also have 2 head vulcans.
http://imgur.com/xxsKP9i

-Catsith has its Rifle and Shield shown. The Shield appears to be mounted on a subarm in the backpack, like the Jesta.
http://imgur.com/q7e4ZsN
http://imgur.com/pkk6cnQ
http://imgur.com/ONyC504

Now we wait for the spoilers from the ep1-3 theater showing from the 23th.
Evex

This might just be me thinking to much,but I figure its a train of thought worth sharing. At current until something changes the G Reco has seven packs, each of these packs are based on the color of the rainbow. Now if memory serves me correct Tomino has worked on six of the twelve UC gundam shows. In theory each of these packs could be designed to include, or give the G-Reco qualities from one of the six main line gundams of the shows he has worked on.
balofo

BTW there's this hidden on the official website source G-セルフ/YG111

Model number, original name, call sign, etc? Or just nothing?
Wingnut

Evex wrote:This might just be me thinking to much,but I figure its a train of thought worth sharing. At current until something changes the G Reco has seven packs, each of these packs are based on the color of the rainbow. Now if memory serves me correct Tomino has worked on six of the twelve UC gundam shows. In theory each of these packs could be designed to include, or give the G-Reco qualities from one of the six main line gundams of the shows he has worked on.
MSG = Beam sabers
Zeta = Better Flight?
ZZ = Missiles
CCA = Remote weapons
F91 = BFGs
V = Big go-fast thrusters
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
gunform1010

balofo wrote:BTW there's this hidden on the official website source G-セルフ/YG111

Model number, original name, call sign, etc? Or just nothing?
That's katakana for G-Self.

Kratos

Anybody else catch Bellri's Recten deactivating when the G-Self flew over it (~11:10 in the video)? Bellri didn't seem to have deactivated it himself, so maybe it was related to whatever pack the G-Self was wearing.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
balofo

Kratos wrote:Anybody else catch Bellri's Recten deactivating when the G-Self flew over it (~11:10 in the video)? Bellri didn't seem to have deactivated it himself, so maybe it was related to whatever pack the G-Self was wearing.
He was told to shut it down.

And I was obviously refering to the YG111
Evex

Wingnut wrote:
Evex wrote:This might just be me thinking to much,but I figure its a train of thought worth sharing. At current until something changes the G Reco has seven packs, each of these packs are based on the color of the rainbow. Now if memory serves me correct Tomino has worked on six of the twelve UC gundam shows. In theory each of these packs could be designed to include, or give the G-Reco qualities from one of the six main line gundams of the shows he has worked on.
MSG = Beam sabers
Zeta = Better Flight?
ZZ = Missiles
CCA = Remote weapons
F91 = BFGs
V = Big go-fast thrusters
Well another two theories I have and again are worth sharing is as follows.

Theory B

Each pack while based on the seven colors of the rainbow, could also be based on the RX-78-1 threw the RX-78-7 models of Gundam.

Theory C

The packs while seven of them are meant to represent gundams from the alternate universes, While the G models of the show represent actual UC Gundams. I.E. G-Reco/G-Self representative of the RX-78-2 Gundam. G-Arcane representative of the Zeta Gundam.
Kratos

balofo wrote:He was told to shut it down.
Was that in the comm chatter? All I caught were some surprised reactions to the G-Self, then the Recten shut down, and then Bellri's "Nani wo - ?", as if he were surprised.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
gunform1010

Kratos wrote:
balofo wrote:He was told to shut it down.
Was that in the comm chatter? All I caught were some surprised reactions to the G-Self, then the Recten shut down, and then Bellri's "Nani wo - ?", as if he were surprised.
I didn't understand the video due to a lack of Japanese expertise but it seemed that way.

balofo

New info:
-G-Self whole body is covered in a new tech called 光装甲. Light Armor? I prefer Photon Armor.
-Grimoire while small has high maneuverability and power.
-MS design is meant to show the characters personality rather than following a militaristic doctrine.
battletech

balofo wrote:New info:
-G-Self whole body is covered in a new tech called 光装甲. Light Armor? I prefer Photon Armor.
-MS design is meant to show the characters personality rather than following a militaristic doctrine.
Interesting. So mobile suits are designed around a specific person to suit their temperament and fighting style.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
gunform1010

battletech wrote:
Interesting. So mobile suits are designed around a specific person to suit their temperament and fighting style.
I like this design philosophy.

Evex

gunform1010 wrote:
battletech wrote:
I like this design philosophy.
I think we've all at one time or another wanted to create a mobile suit that in some way or form represented ourselves. It also tilts tomino's hand a little bit in it shows one of the shows themes, which might be the discovery of one self hence why the first Gundam reveled is the G-Reko/G-Self. This could also lead to a lot of quirky and interesting designs, if each pilot has a personalized suit.
Calubin_175

So at long last, we actually have unique machines and custom made machines which reflect the pilot's personality, and also combat style in certain cases. At the same time, the mass produced ones are utilitarian and symbolic of their faction. It is just like how the Flag in 00 reflected the Union's role as world police.
balofo

More MS revelead in original design version(not the simplified one for animation):
-Hecate: purple MS with huge gun axe
-Jahannam: green MS that resembles the Geara Zulu a lot.
-G-Self's Core Fighter
-First battleship design

Now we wait for what MS will appear in the movie screening, Recksnow and Elf Bull perhaps

http://i.imgur.com/Q3YLq5j.jpg