MG Turn X manual

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

MG Turn X manual

Finally we have a source for weapon explanation, requesting translation of these parts:

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig26/10267267k4.jpg

-Funny how the lineart and the model listings call the bazooka a Beam Bazooka, yet the manual simply calls it Bazooka. In the anime it fires solid rounds. The manual mentions Beam, I- Field and Beam Bullets, perhaps they are trying to retcon it as the new Dobergun :)
-Beam Rifle paragraph mentions different modes(can't read what they are) and the same Data Link capability of the Turn A's Beam Rifle(which can change modes automatically).
-Arm Unit is the first official confirmation of the Shining Finger besides the anime. I believe it also mention the arm unit can freely manipulate I-Field.
-Weapons Platform mentions something new about Pallet and Sky Space.
-All range Attack also is the first official confirmation of the Bloody Siege attack used in games.

Rest is apparently old news. Rest of the manual below

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10267267k2/50/2
PowerdGNFlag

Re: MG Turn X manual

Was the Beam Pistol and the Missile Pod used in the anime or mentioned in previous material?
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
balofo

PowerdGNFlag wrote:Was the Beam Pistol and the Missile Pod used in the anime or mentioned in previous material?
Not used in the anime but appear in lineart. No info ever, besides their names :(
balofo

>Bazooka
>Turn X's portable weapon. Although it shoots physical projectiles, it is unknown whether it contains explosives or some magnetic based technology. When up against units equipped with I field and beam weaponry being nullified, this is where the weapon comes into its own. Normally stored on the Carapace Weapon Platform, this is where it would seem it would get its ammo and maintenance, however the details are not known. There are also rumour that there is a variation of the weapon that fires beam ammunition/projectile.

>Beam Rifle
>Turn X's portable weapon. It would seem to have been made in the same shape as size as the Turn A's mobile Beam Rifle, with rivaling specs. Suitable for mid or long range combat, with different modes to switch to accommodate. It would seem that the mode change happens automatically with a hidden device within, through data-link with the main chassis (MS body?). Normally stored on the Carapace Weapon Platform, this is where it would seem it would get its ammo and maintenance, however the details are not known.

>Weapons Platform
>The system originally has/had the ability to aid inter-planetary travel, in other words, it's been said that it was excavated separately from the Turn X's main body. In reality, there are many slots and (empty) spaces available for weapons that may have been lost or may not have been found, when compared to the actual amount of storage pallets

>it it unknown whether it contains explosives or some magnetic based technology.

It is unknown whether the projectiles are launched using gunpowder or magnetic-based tech.

>. When up against units equipped with I field and beam weaponry being nullified, this is where the weapon comes into its own.

This weapon is used against units against which beam weapons are ineffective, such as ones with I-fields.

>Normally stored on the Kyaraps Weapon Platform,
Usually stored on the weapons platform "Carapace".

>It would seem to have been made in the same shape as size as the Turn A's mobile Beam Rifle
It can be assumed from its form that it belongs to the same hierarchy of design as the Turn A's beam rifle.

X-top

Turn X's cockpit unit, which is also an evacuation system. It acts as the central system to the Turn X's all range attack, but unlike the other parts does not contain any weapons. At times the slit lights up and reveals human-like eyes. According to documents, it is "the control system of the orbital satellite cannon Kairas Giri", but no records of it having done so, or of said satellite cannon even existing have been found.

Arm unit
The Turn X's right arm is an amalgamation of weapons more frequently used than its other portable armaments. Wire Claws with miniature claws and laser cannons on the tips, The Triple Beam Projection System which is also used during the all-range attack, and the Fusion Cutting Manipulator, its strongest weapon which shapes a beam with an I-field in order to tear through a target, which is recorded in the unit's database under the name of "Shining Finger".

All-range attack
A mode in which the Turn X splits into ten parts (the head, two arms, two shoulders, two legs, chest, waist, and carapace) and all units apart from the head carry out attacks independently. It can be used under gravity, and also has the ability to generate a field to restrain a target upon surrounding it. The attack in which it surrounds a target is named the "bloody siege", and is similar to the "all-range attacks" made possible by the system called the "psycommu" recorded in black history.

This is new.

Solar energy facilities and phlogiston fuel used in the CC age were products of the moonlight butterfly's nanomachines.

Also it's stated that the nanomachines actually completely covered the Earth and created a new surface.

The Sorel clan traditionally provides a SYMBOLIC queen to the Moonrace with their charisma. The Sorel, Maintainer, and Ginganam clans are together known as the three royal families.

Meaning of the X in Turn X is "he whose path was turned astray at the 10th star" (what?).

It has been damaged and repaired with parts from other machines countless times in the past. Many of the parts used were taken from other excavated machines, and it now no longer even resembles what it used to look like.

Turn X is a machine that drifted to Earth from outside the solar system for some unknown reason. It's supposedly an MS created by people who left the Earth sphere in search of a new frontier long ago, and is seemingly made to be piloted for the people who were known as newtypes. Thus, it cannot draw on its full power in the current Earth sphere which has no newtypes.

Regardless, the people of Earth feared its advanced technology, and wary of an invasion from outside the solar system, created the Turn A Gundam and its systems based on the Turn X's technology. In the end there were no invasions, and it instead put an end to the wars on Earth.

There was once a war between two factions, one that believed that civilization should be reset so that mankind could start anew, and one that wanted to solve all problems with technology, and the Turn A and Turn X, representing the two factions, clashed, and this resulted in the Turn X losing. The X mark on its chest was a result of the damage from this battle, and could not be repaired by any means. In the end civilization was reset, and Turn X and Turn A created mountain cycles at their final destinations.

The insignia that appear when Turn X and Turn A come into contact come from the black box system at the basis of the two units, and is said to be a sort of warning shared by all turn types.

That was Turn X and Turn A Gundam.

And now Black History... ohohohohohoho look it says that CE and AD and AG and ALL GUNDAMS TO BE MADE FROM NOW ON (except Build Fighters) are part of Black History so you can stop reposting that shitty diagram that the writers of some shitty G Generation strategy guide who have nothing to do with Sunrise made up.

"Black History" in Turn A Gundam is the records of wars that were sealed away, but also has another meaning- That of the concept that all Gundam series shows, starting with Mobile Suit Gundam in 1979, exist in a single timeline. In other words,1979's Mobile Suit Gundam's UC marks the beginning of humanity's space age, and 1999's Turn A Gundam's CC is its final stage. The timelines broadcast up to that point, G's FC, Wing's AC, and X's AW, as well as 2002's Seed's CE, 2007's 00's AD, and 2011's Age's AG, and all other Gundam series to come are a part of black history as well (Gundam Build Fighters seems to be an exception). The gimmicks that made this possible are nanotechnology and black history. In real life, history is filled with numerous different perceptions and interpretations, and there are countless cases of fabrications gaining momentum and being treated as fact. In the end, it may be that people only believe what they want to believe.

1. Multiple dual sensor
2. Multiple sensor antenna
3. Linkage system array
4. Shoulder armour/terminal
5. Breast armour
6. Chest scar
7. Fusion cutting manipulator
8. Triple beam projection system
9. Manipulator
10. Carapace
11. Bazooka holder (the thing it has to hold its bazooka is called a fucking BAZOOKA HOLDER, how awesome is that)
12. Beam rifle slot
13. Head unit (X Top)
14. Cockpit hatch
15. Body unit
16. Waist unit
17. Arm unit
18. Leg unit
19. Weapon terminal joint
20. Shoulder dockable joint
21. Elbow dockable joint
22. (I have no idea what the fuck a "kokusa" is) dockable joint
23. Knee joint armour
24. Side waist front armour
25. Calf front armour
26. Heel accelerator plate
27. Toe accelerator plate
28. Toe sole deflector
29. Thruster vanes
30. Waist dockable turret
31. Bazooka
32. Beam rifle
33. Grip
34. Heat sink
35. Trigger
36. Absorb counter unit
37. Connector
38. Carrying handle
39. Hand beam gun
40. Triple missile launcher
-Looks like someone from gundam wikia wrote the weapons description, LOL. It's embarassing :)
-Turn X's Bazooka is now the new Dobergun
Arsarcana

balofo wrote:Meaning of the X in Turn X is "he whose path was turned astray at the 10th star" (what?).
I've seen that mentioned elsewhere. Need to check the Japanese to be sure but it's probably supposed to be a reference to Turn X's extrasolar origins (ie, beyond the nine planets, back when Pluto was one).
And now Black History... ohohohohohoho look it says that CE and AD and AG and ALL GUNDAMS TO BE MADE FROM NOW ON (except Build Fighters) are part of Black History so you can stop reposting that ZOINKS diagram that the writers of some ZOINKS G Generation strategy guide who have nothing to do with Sunrise made up.
Assuming people are reasonable. I remember having a discussion that went nowhere with someone who refused to accept plamodel manuals as being official; if it wasn't explicitly stated in something animated he refused to accept it. No doubt anyone deeply committed to the idea that their favorite universe is entirely unconnected to Turn A will still ignore this.
Outlaw

Arsarcana wrote:Assuming people are reasonable. I remember having a discussion that went nowhere with someone who refused to accept plamodel manuals as being official; if it wasn't explicitly stated in something animated he refused to accept it. No doubt anyone deeply committed to the idea that their favorite universe is entirely unconnected to Turn A will still ignore this.
According to the official company line he is technically correct, only animated works are official.
Of course given Japan's relaxed approach to "cannon" who knows. At the end of the day though, it's really nothing worth getting hung up on.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
AmuroNT1

The hypothetical 10th planet was sometimes referred to as "Planet X"; perhaps "turned astray at the tenth planet" refers to how it comes from space and is "evil"?

Also, Build Fighters not being part of the timeline makes sense, because it takes place in a universe where Turn A is a work of fiction.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
SonicSP

Arsarcana wrote:Assuming people are reasonable. I remember having a discussion that went nowhere with someone who refused to accept plamodel manuals as being official; if it wasn't explicitly stated in something animated he refused to accept it. No doubt anyone deeply committed to the idea that their favorite universe is entirely unconnected to Turn A will still ignore this.
Gundams canon system and it's most informative source not coming into its "official" level would lead to that. It's not exactly the best for discussion but its good because it allows individuals to accept what they want to some extent (and not actually be wrong as far as the official canon is concerned that is).

I've been in record on saying that I'm not a big fan of the Gundam canon system but this one of the few times where I liked the very subjectivity of it since I don't have to accept it yet. Although my main issue with it comes mainly with the "whatever you want to choose between white level works" doesn't seem to apply here so I guess I'm also cool with it.

Still this is a sign of what direction Sunrise wants to go, so they may very well interconnect some post-Turn A things in animation someday in the future. Just hope they do a decent job elaborating than just going with "these are now all connected, you guys figure it out. K bye". Some of the universes do well together while some.....will take work to make them fit coherently in one single timeline.
AmuroNT1

I think all the people who wrack their brains trying to come up with a set, defined timeline for the Dark History are missing the point. It doesn't matter whether G comes before Seed or vice-versa, the point is merely that all these stories happened in the same universe. Besides, it just doesn't work to begin with since there were resets every so often, making efforts to establish links like "The twin buster rifle was an attempt to miniaturize the Satellite Cannon" meaningless.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
InjuredPelican

Thanks for the info. Very fascinating. Its funny that the CC synopsis says "people believe what they want to". Basically says if you don't like it, that's okay. For me though, I really like it. But then Turn A is my favorite Gundam show, and I like nearly all Gundam shows whether UC or not (though some more or less than others, of course).
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack