Where did all the Funnel weapons go?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ieh4f

Where did all the Funnel weapons go?

Okay this one bothers me ever since i played SD Gundam G Generation games.
Why did psychic controlled remote weapons started to dissapear so heavily after CCA?

Between OYW and CCA these weapons were all the rage, deadly, quick and near impossible to counter. But then after the events of CCA now after Unicorn, they all dissapeared from the face of mobile suit development.

I can understand the lack of newtypes being an issue, but this would raise the question why old-type based quasi-psychocom weapons like the INCOMs dissapeared at all instead of replacing the Newtype only Funnels?

The later gets even stranger with the Rosen Zulu's remote weapons being presented as just as effective as funnels and still usable even with a psychocom supressing device strapped to it.

But by F91 the only funnel like weapon seen was the Rafflesia's attack tentacles and in Victory only Gengaozoa has a single funnel type weapon, with the Contio series suits using wire guided weapons but strangley only in melee form.

So what the hell happend? Did people suddently got bored of being able to attack enemies from multiple directions with near impossible to see super fast small beam guns?
georgestepo

Re: Where did all the Funnel weapons go?

Still doesn't explain quasi-psycommu dissapearing instead of being developed further and replacing the Funnels.

They worked just fine if not as great as the funnels and nothing could really stop them since the technology still worked fine in Victory.
Kuruni

Re: Where did all the Funnel weapons go?

It does explained there, read carefully.
My girlfriend was a loli.