The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
BrentD15

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

Mimeblade wrote:lol Bandai must be thinking right now: "What can we build that someone WON'T be able to make in Gundam Breaker?"
A Barzam? :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Mimeblade

I dunno, Barzam seems like it has Rozen Zulu's legs... and maybe a Jinn head.

(See? When you start thinking in GB part terms, it's hard to stop!)
Gelgoog Jager

Mimeblade wrote:I dunno, Barzam seems like it has Rozen Zulu's legs... and maybe a Jinn head.

(See? When you start thinking in GB part terms, it's hard to stop!)
I also think the Barzam is doable. Perhaps more odd units such as the Gaza E or Jamru Fin may have some more problems mainly do to the proportions of some of their parts.
Xenosynth

Problem is there isn't a Ginn in the game though, it'd be hard to find a head equivalent of the barzam in Breaker 2.
Gelgoog Jager

Xenosynth wrote:Problem is there isn't a Ginn in the game though, it'd be hard to find a head equivalent of the barzam in Breaker 2.
I'm afraid I don't know where to check the roster of Gundam Breaker 2, but assuming that it is in the game, I think a Bawoo's head would be an even better substitute than a Ginn's head.
balofo

New Guncannon like MS fron the Last Sun manga

http://i.imgur.com/kXVATOs.jpg
Mimeblade

I got a question about UC's timeline:

How can something awesome like the technology around Unicorn's time end up "not quite as awesome" in Victory and F-91?

Design-wise, the Victory is a far cry from Unicorn if you ask me. Unicorn just seems to stand out from other UC designs.
BrentD15

Mimeblade wrote:I got a question about UC's timeline:

How can something awesome like the technology around Unicorn's time end up "not quite as awesome" in Victory and F-91?

Design-wise, the Victory is a far cry from Unicorn if you ask me. Unicorn just seems to stand out from other UC designs.
A lot of it may have been deemed to impractical and expensive to continue producing.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Dendrobium Stamen

Mimeblade wrote:I got a question about UC's timeline:

If we're talking about the RX-0 specifically, it's worth considering that the Unicorn was purposefully designed as a "Newtype hunter" (for a Newtype pilot, in a dark irony) MS, so was built to be the pinnacle of MS technology for its era, as well as the pinnacle of psycommu technology. Given its purpose and provenance, I doubt cost was a concern in its design and construction.

On the other hand, by UC 0123 it's casually mentioned that the Newtypes are thought of as almost a myth by some of the younger generation, who've grown up in an era of relative peace, where development of psycommu-type technologies has slowed due to a lack of need, and a dearth of suitable pilot candidates. The focus of MS development shifted toward more compact and economical designs, rather than ones capable of turning the tide of a battle single-handedly.

So, if anything, I'd say the Unicorn represents a peak in MS design which was never returned to, most likely due to a mix of lack of necessity and lack of funding - and it's possible that, following the Laplace's Box incident, the technology was allowed to quietly fade out of memory.
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
latenlazy

I imagine that given the dangers of the psychoframe and its potential the technology was probably sealed, and forgotten. After all the Unicorn and Banshee singlehandedly turned a tide of events by themselves. The burden of drawing out its full power was also probably prohibitive and impractical (But the payoff would result in uncontrollable circumstances). All these factors probably made continued development and exploitation of psychoframes politically untenable.
Mimeblade

Based on these statements, do you think UC's timeline will ever re-discover Psychoframe tech or use it on the level Unicorn used it?
Gundam420

Well one of the recent animated shorts in the GFT center showed the Phenex fighting against the G-Self and G-Arcane, so who knows.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
BrentD15

Thankfully, newtype technology didn't completely disappear from the UC era (the Rafflesia and Gengaozo are proof of that).
JEFFPIATT

We do have Psycommu equipment post CCA but it's still rare the F91 had the Bio-Computer System witch worked along the lines of the bio sensor while the Rafflesia used an Neo-Psycommu System witch was optimized for cyber newtype use. in victory the only psycomu ms used is the ZMT-S28S Gengaozoa.
BrentD15

JEFFPIATT wrote:We do have Psycommu equipment post CCA but it's still rare the F91 had the Bio-Computer System witch worked along the lines of the bio sensor while the Rafflesia used an Neo-Psycommu System witch was optimized for cyber newtype use. in victory the only psycomu ms used is the ZMT-S28S Gengaozoa.
Didn't the Bio-Computer worked the opposite of a Psycommu System?
Instead of relying on pilot input, the bio-computer feeds data to the pilot.
JEFFPIATT

it was basically like the AC Zero system in function but it still required an newtype to function as it fet an ton of data to the pilot and newtypes had the abilty to interprate the data. the F91 wasent an newtype ms like the NU was with remote bits but desgined like the zeta series to have an assist computer for newtype use.
Mimeblade

Still, design-wise Unicorn is probably one of my favorite UC designs. I can't picture them doing anything better beyond it, unless you guys have seen anything?
Deacon Blues

The new mobile suit from the Rising Sun manga is called the "Cannongan". Yup... :/
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:The new mobile suit from the Rising Sun manga is called the "Cannongan". Yup... :/
Has RoZ appeared in BD yet? Last I saw the Nahel's crew were already under arrest
balofo

http://i.imgur.com/yNxFgC5.jpg

RIX-003 Cannongan. H:20.2m, W:34.3t. Evaluation plan improvement based on the Jegan A2, medium range support built by AE.

Shoulders contain both the Main Thrusters and the Beam Cannon. The Beam Cannon doubles as either a powerful diffusing Beam Spray Launcher or a normal Mega Beam Cannon(barrel folds over).

Index and middle fingers are actually Beam Rifle barrels, thumb has the sensor and its the energy comes from E-pac magazines mounted on the hand itself. Idea came from the Kirschbaum from Valvrave.

Unknown attachment on left forearm, Box type Beam Saber?

Small vulcans on head?

Side waist carries additional E-pac magazines for the finger beam rifles.

Additional toe and shin thrusters.