The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

Fire Nuts are only mentioned on the old MSV kit manual. Going by OVA 7 they're incendiary grenades.
Deacon Blues

balofo wrote:Fire Nuts are only mentioned on the old MSV kit manual. Going by OVA 7 they're incendiary grenades.
Except they're cited as fire nuts in the spec listing.

They're also mentioned in Bonds of the Battlefield as an armament of the RX-77D.
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:
balofo wrote:Fire Nuts are only mentioned on the old MSV kit manual. Going by OVA 7 they're incendiary grenades.
Except they're cited as fire nuts in the spec listing.
http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig00/10005636k2.jpg
Deacon Blues

Which is what I said in my edit above...
REMecha00Q

balofo wrote: -Original scenario for the Schuzrum Gallus scene: 2 of it were riding a Jamru Fin!
Not sure how that would work, the booster seems more practical.
Gelgoog Jager

REMecha00Q wrote:
balofo wrote: -Original scenario for the Schuzrum Gallus scene: 2 of it were riding a Jamru Fin!
I do could picture one grabbing into each leg of the Jamru Fin in MA mode:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/zz/ama-01x.htm

On the other hand, it's quite likely that said Jamru Fin would have have its booster attached to compensate for the extra mass of the Schuzrum Gallus.

My main question here would be: how likely is it for the Schuzrum Gallus and the Zaku III with sub arms to be machines from Haman's Neo Zeon?
balofo

Gelgoog Jager wrote:
REMecha00Q wrote:

On the other hand, it's quite likely that said Jamru Fin would have have its booster attached to compensate for the extra mass of the Schuzrum Gallus.

My main question here would be: how likely is it for the Schuzrum Gallus and the Zaku III with sub arms to be machines from Haman's Neo Zeon?
-Schuzrum Gallus: just wait another week for the HGUC manual, but I'd bet it's a one of a kind customization
-Zaku III: the sub-arms are likely a variation part like the shoulder Hide Bomb Dispenser and were added thanks to pilot preference

Oh and the Jamru Fin could appear in BD, fingers crossed
BrentD15

balofo wrote:Oh and the Jamru Fin could appear in BD, fingers crossed
Well, considering that there were only three prototypes (incomplete prototypes, too) given to Neo Zeon's 3-D Team during the First Neo Zeon War, it seems unlikely.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

BrentD15 wrote:
Well, considering that there were only three prototypes (incomplete prototypes, too) given to Neo Zeon's 3-D Team during the First Neo Zeon War, it seems unlikely.
-Never destroyed onscreen, 2 units show up later in the civil war being towed by a ship
-Intended to appear in OVA 7, cut due to time/budget/creative constraints
-Sleeves are using whatever leftover from previous Neo Zeon movements they have in storage

:) :) :) :) :)
REMecha00Q

Gelgoog Jager wrote:
REMecha00Q wrote:

That and if they were holding on from behind the wings they wouldn't be as exposed to enemy fire.

Note: Judging from the points of interest listen from DX29, I'm assuming there was nothing mentioned about what happened to the rest of the sleeves fleet? :(

Actually, all three Jamru Fin were towed, one was near the end of the cable.
Gelgoog Jager

BrentD15 wrote:
Well, the 3 were seen being towed towards Axis as part of Mashymere's forces during the Battle of Axis. At least 2 are seen one more time during the battle itself, fighting in the same area as Illia Pazom, who incidentally we do are told did survived the conflict, so do I think there do is some decent chance that at least one unit survived as well.

Edit: ninjaed
balofo

HAHAHAHAH, BrentD15 status:
[ ]Not told
[ ]TOLD
[X]3x TOLD!

BTW OVA 7 Mechanics and World mook releases in August! Time for all the delicious OVA 7 lineart plus stuff from OVA 5 not yet seen like General Revil detail lineart.
Deacon Blues

I doubt we'll get much of anything for the General Revil in terms of lineart aside from the ship itself and maybe a bridge shot...
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:I doubt we'll get much of anything for the General Revil in terms of lineart aside from the ship itself and maybe a bridge shot...
I need that missile launcher and beam screen launcher lineart. There must be lineart for that somewhere :)
balofo

Manual time!

Sturm Gallus: nothing interesting on weapons(doesn't even mention the Arm Punch mechanism is used for the spike shield), reactor is 2840W same as J and K. Story tells that the J is a medium range support type(really?), the Sturm can change loadout according to the pilot/mission preference, is a custom by the Sleeves and a suicide machine.

Z Plus: it's original Beam Rifle was made by the same company as the Hyaku and Rick Dias's rifle but in 0096 it has adopted the Rezel's one with retained Long Beam Saber function. It also says because of the mission it wasn't in Waverider mode in the anime despite being an aerial machine. Head Vulcan now has 80% more ammo due to larger head space(strangely enough the manual claims only the Sentinel version has the 60mm vulcan, that means the Mission ZZ version doesn't?). Another strange thing is that it list 2 generator outputs: 2070W for the Mission ZZ version(the original version that was to appear in ZZ anime?) and 2017W for the Sentinel version. Shield is adapted for supersonic flight and has Radome and Seeker functions. Waist Beam Cannons are directly connected to the main generator and allow rapid high output firing, also server as highly efficient Beam Saber rack. Most of this is straight from the MG manual anyway.

Z Plus ZZ Mission is now a thing?
Calubin_175

ZZ Mission should be the Model Graphix publication that was also known as Gundam Wars II.
toysdream

Yeah, those are the specs as per Model Graphix's "Gundam Wars II: Mission ZZ." I did a whole post about it here, including the specs chart, where the Zeta Plus is listed with 50mm vulcans. That's probably why they specify 60mm only applies to the Sentinel specs.

As for the Galluss kit manual, it says the Galluss-K is a medium-range support type, which seems uncontroversial. The Schuzrum (which should be "Sturm," dammit!) version is a customized assault type developed by the Sleeves, and one of the changes listed is that "for cruising propulsion, it relies on external propulsion units such as the large booster unit used by the AMX-102 Zssa." No carried weapons are specified in its standard equipment, but this is because it's supposed to borrow weapons from other mobile suit types, and its weapons payload can be changed depending on the operation details. It can even sortie with weapons attached all over its body (which would presumably look a bit like the fully loaded Kaempfer).

-- Mark
AmuroNT1

So I suppose that means the Sturm Galluss (official Romanizations be damned, I'm sticking with what makes sense) is the spiritual successor to the Kampfer, much the same way the R-Jarja was to the Gyan?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

AmuroNT1 wrote:So I suppose that means the Sturm Galluss (official Romanizations be damned, I'm sticking with what makes sense) is the spiritual successor to the Kampfer, much the same way the R-Jarja was to the Gyan?
The manual says the Sturm is an assault(強襲) MS with emphasis on base breakthrough, so you're correct.

Can't wait for the J kit so we finally know what the Energy Gun is about.
BrentD15

AmuroNT1 wrote:(official Romanizations be damned, I'm sticking with what makes sense)
Amen! :D
That means Quin Mantha instead of Queen Mansa (which is how the Japanese pronounce it), Juagg instead of Juaggu, etc.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25