MS Catalog

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
toysdream

Re: MS Catalog

So... no specs in the color pages, specs in some (and text in all) of the B&W pages? I think I can live with that...

-- Mark
balofo

I agree but not having data on the 2 latest series(G-Reco and Try to a lesser extent) is a huge letdown. Gonna have to wait for their respective mooks and hope they have the data. G-Reco's is slated for a Fall/Summer release and no word on a Try one.

The saving grace is the new stuff for mangas/games.

It appears the Crossbone stuff goes up to Steel 7 and contains lineart for stuff that wasn't on the original manga Mechanic Explanation pages like: MP F91, original Harrison F91, 133 Ball and Speed King. It also has lineart for the Gump in the Skull Heart configuration.

Now we wait until you or Deacon get the book
balofo

Cool! There's lineart for the upgraded Shuffle Alliance 4 MS from the manga, they even have Core Landers.

http://i.imgur.com/T0cgylu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ItfjAnr.jpg

Another nice addition: more 00 MSV B/W unit pages

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIudTubUYAEbDNn.jpg

Missing Link is in, color are the 3d models(even for Palerider). B/W seems to have the Takigawa lineart.

Another Crossbone page, nothing new and still no model number for anything from Steel 7... http://hobby.dengeki.com/ss/hobby/uploa ... _MS_04.jpg

I think I have spoiled almost everything by now :)
AmuroNT1

Sorry for the late response, but to Mark's questions about Crossbone, the beam sabers do seem to function as beam vulcans when stored in the shoulders. I don't know if X2 Kai loses the function just because it doesn't have a Core Fighter anymore; as far as I recall, Zabine never used them in that capacity in either the original X2 or the Kai. In fact, the only time I can actually ever remember seeing them used is when Tobia defeats the Abijo by grabbing it to neutralize its speed and ripping through its week armor with its vulcans.

As for zanber, I think the occasional "zamber" romanization comes from "zanmatou", a seemingly inaccurate romanization of "zanbatou" that doesn't modify the pronunciation of the "ma" (horse) Kanji.

Also, I got a look at the new MS Encyclopedia...did they remove tech information from EVERYTHING? If so, that almost defeats the purpose of buying it in the first place. I agree with what Mark suggested a while ago, they should just split the book into UC and AU/Games so they have more than enough space for finer details rather than just cramming everything together into a single tome you could use to beat a man to death. :P
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

regarding the F97s beam sabers doubling as Beam Guns/Vulcans, Tobia also uses them when he escapes from Sherindon. The thing is Hasegawa loves to draw rapid firing beam weapons as one continuous stream, see the Batalla Beam Rifle in action in some scenes. Though by UC 133 I'm sure Core Fighters can handle having a Beam Vulcan.

New EXA manga units, will definitely appear in the next MS Catalog. Perhaps these are for EXVS VS Force...

-Supremacy Gear: base is a G-Stream, piloted by Al Alda. Built by Lowe. http://i.imgur.com/QUp9aiE.jpg
-Supremacy Armor: MA that uses the Supremacy Gear as the core unit. http://i.imgur.com/yZSFSIi.jpg
-Extreme Gundam Dystopia Phase: piloted by Cesia. http://i.imgur.com/8uQahzI.jpg

I would add placeholders for these now Mark, see what you said about the G-Stream :)
AmuroNT1

Yeah, unfortunately Hasegawa's art style makes it kind of hard to tell the difference between standard beams and rapid-fire ones.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Deacon Blues

I got my book. What do you guys want first?
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:I got my book. What do you guys want first?
-Can you confirm there's lineart for the Crossbone units: MP F91, original Harrison F91, 133 Ball, Gump(with its 2 legs) and Speed King? Is there lineart for the MP Quavarze? Do they give model numbers for the JE MAs from the original series?
-G-Reco: Are there model numbers for the Kabakali and Perfect Pack G-Self? Do the G-Self Packs get their unique model numbers shown? Can you confirm the model numbers for the Wuxia and Dharma? Is there color lineart for: MP Macknife, Barara's Macknife, MP Elf Bullock, MP Montero, Kerbe's Zansgatt? What's in the B/W session for G-Reco, is there even details lineart like weapons, cockpits etc?
-Try: H and W for the Lightning Full Burnern and Zaku trio? Model numbers for the Leopard da Vinci and SD Red Amazing?
-Anything new for G-Gen series? like the Netix from Spirits or the MP Hamma Hamma.
-EXA got the Rephaser Extremes in addition to the Leos II VS and G-Stream?
-Was Destiny Astray R/B added?
-Did they complete the AGE MSV series?

That's it for now :)
Last edited by balofo on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toysdream

Still waiting for my copy to ship out, but in the meantime, there are some page previews at HobbyLink Japan:

http://www.hlj.com/product/MDW65096

I must say, I find the minimalist new look for the color pages infinitely more attractive. :-)

-- Mark
Deacon Blues

balofo wrote:-Can you confirm there's lineart for the Crossbone units: MP F91, original Harrison F91, 133 Ball, Gump(with its 2 legs) and Speed King? Is there lineart for the MP Quavarze? Do they give model numbers for the JE MAs from the original series?
The lineart is whatever was put in the manga pages or taken from the manga itself. Model numbers reflect what is posted on the site already. Nothing for the mobile armors.

-G-Reco: Are there model numbers for the Kabakali and Perfect Pack G-Self? Do the G-Self Packs get their unique model numbers shown? Can you confirm the model numbers for the Wuxia and Dharma? Is there color lineart for: MP Macknife, Barara's Macknife, MP Elf Bullock, MP Montero, Kerbe's Zansgatt? What's in the B/W session for G-Reco, is there even details lineart like weapons, cockpits etc?
The only one that has a model number in the text is the Assault Pack.

CAMS-04 Wuxia.
VGMM-La01a Dharma

Mass produced Mack Knife color lineart, yes. Also Barara (or whoevers unit). Yes to Kerbe's Zansgatt having color. Just the front though. No color MP for the rest.

There's cockpit details for several suits, but alas the lineart is tiny. This book runs 670 pages so it explains why. Weapons art is hit and miss too. 13 pages of black and white. There's some MP lineart in here to replace the model images on MAHQ.

-Try: H and W for the Lightning Full Burnern and Zaku trio? Model numbers for the Leopard da Vinci and SD Red Amazing?
Lightning:

Height: 19.4m
Weight: 50.2t

Zaku:

MS-06R-WW-1 Zaku Managarmr

Overall Height: 19.9m
Overall Weight: 80.0t

MS-06R-WW-2 Zaku Alvadi

MS-06R-WW-3 Zaku Kraken

Leopard da Vinci: GT-96000-D (This isn't in the main title for the unit but listed under SPECS)

SD Red Amazing: I can't find this. Link me to a pic? I never watched Try.

-Anything new for G-Gen series? like the Netix from Spirits or the MP Hamma Hamma.
Don't follow but there's color lineart for the RX-78NT-X (MRX-003) NT-X. No Hamma Hamma
-EXA got the Rephaser Extremes in addition to the Leos II VS and G-Stream?
Gundam EXA isn't in this. Or is that "Extreme Boost"? There's Extreme Gundam Rephaser Ignis, Rephaser Tachyon(?), Rephaser Carnage, Rephaser Mistique. G-Stream regular unit and ビーニャ専用機
-Was Destiny Astray R/B added?
Nope. Only goes up to VS.
-Did they complete the AGE MSV series?
Didn't follow this... wouldn't know if it was "complete" or not... I can list suits?

That's it for now :)[/quote]
balofo

Thanks a LOT.

-Try: I know the G-Bomber has the Mega Shiki model number but does it repeat the same wrong H and W? So the Full Burnern just repeats the base Lightning specs, this is wrong as is the 3 Zakus having the same specs. Red Musha Amazing, model number if available. http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/bf-try/mushared.jpg
-AGE MSV: use these links to know what wasn't in MS Catalog 2013, Mark specified the missing ones. http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/mscatalog.html#ac34 and http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/mscatalog.html#ac35
-G-Gen: awesome if the Netix is in then there must be decent sized lineart for the Great Zeong and Vigna Ronah. Is there lineart for the Titania, MP Big Zam, Tria, Phoenix Zero, barbatos mirage, MASTER PHOENIX, HALPHAS BÖSE, HALPHAS BÖSE HALBERD, QUEEN AMELIAS, GUARDIDANCER, BARBADORO?
-G-Reco: is there any detail lineart for the Zangastt in the B/W section? Weapons, gimmicks, etc

This is it for me, again thanks for the patience.
Deacon Blues

-Try: I know the G-Bomber has the Mega Shiki model number but does it repeat the same wrong H and W? So the Full Burnern just repeats the base Lightning specs, this is wrong as is the 3 Zakus having the same specs. Red Musha Amazing, model number if available.
There's no specs listed for the G-Bomber... the Mega Shiki has the same specs as the Zaku Trio. No model number for the Musha.
-AGE MSV: use these links to know what wasn't in MS Catalog 2013, Mark specified the missing ones.
COLOR SECTION:

GUNDAM AGE-2 ARTIMES
GUNDAM AGE-3 LAGUNA
GENOACE FOX CUSTOM
3D
SHALDOLL SCOUT
ROUGE BAT
GUNDAM LEGILIS R
ZEDAS C
Everse System GAFRAN Mars Father
GOLDEN GURDOLIN PERFECT
VANDERA
LEGENDART MOBILE SUIT "THE GUNDAM" (reconstreuction) (sic)
PROTOTYPE CLANCHE
GUNDAM AGE-1 RAZOR
GUNDAM AGE-1 02 ASSAULT JACKET
GUNDAM AGE-2 DOUBLE BLADE
GUNDAM AGE-FX A-FANNEL EQUIPMENT TYPE
ADELE STARKS
SHALDOLL-G
G-XIPHOS
G-EXES JACKEDGE
SHALDOOLL ROGUE
GLUD
GURRUZINE

Only Exa-Log is in the BW section. Only has Artimes, Gundam Legilis R, Genoace Fox Custom, Shalldoll Scout, Vandella and 3D.
-G-Gen: awesome if the Netix is in then there must be decent sized lineart for the Great Zeong and Vigna Ronah. Is there lineart for the Titania, MP Big Zam, Tria, Phoenix Zero, barbatos mirage, MASTER PHOENIX, HALPHAS BÖSE, HALPHAS BÖSE HALBERD, QUEEN AMELIAS, GUARDIDANCER, BARBADORO?

Color section has Great Zeon and Vigna Ronah. Otherwise, none of the other suits are in here. Nada in BW.
-G-Reco: is there any detail lineart for the Zangastt in the B/W section? Weapons, gimmicks, etc
[/quote]

Nope. Just suit and headshots. Armament listing and that's it.

Also, going back... Is the Leos II VS te Extreme Gundam type-LEOSII VALIANT SURFACE what you meant?
balofo

Code: Select all

Also, going back... Is the Leos II VS te Extreme Gundam type-LEOSII VALIANT SURFACE what you meant?
Yeah, funny it's in 2d color lineart whereas all the Extreme Leos variants are in CG in the color page when they do have their own B/W lineart.

So wait there is armament list for the G-Reco MS in the B/W pages? If there is that's info everybody would like to know :)
Deacon Blues

I think I got them all:

YG-111 G-SELF

Overall Height: 18.0m
Base Weight: 31.1t
Armor Material: Photon Armor
Armaments: Ameria beam rifle, Towasanga beam rifle, head vulcan, beam saber, shield, various backpacks

VGMM-Gf10 G-Lucifer

Overall Height: 17.5m
Base Weight: 52.3t (including skirt funnel)
Armor Material: --
Armament: skirt funnel x 3, beam saber x 2

CAMS-02 Catsith

Base Weight: 39.2t
Armament: beam rifle, leg missiles, beam saber

ELF BULL

Overall Height: --
Base Weight: --
Armament: beam rifle, beam cannon, beam saber

CAMS-03 Elf Bullock

Overall Height: 19.1m
Base Weight: 43.5t
Armament: beam cannon, beam saber

RECKSNOW

Armament: beam rifle

CAMS-04 Wuxia

Armament: beam rifle, beam claw (クロウ)

CAMS-05 Mack Knife

Overall Height: 16.0m
Base Weight: 32.6t
Armament: beam cannon, grenades, photon bomb, plasma claw

KABUKALI

Armament: beam shot gun, beam ring

BIFRON

Armament: double beam rifle, beam dagger, underwater mines

G-RACH

Armament: beam cannon, Bivrost bit

YGGFRASILL

Armament: tender beam

RECTEN

Armament: power weld, big arm, welder

MSAM-03S G ARCANE

Overall Height: 18.3m
Base Weight: 38.7t
Armament: anti-ship beam rifle, head vulcan, beam saber, beam wire, others

GH-001 Grimoire

Overall Height: 16.5m
Base Weight: 35.2t
Armament: sub machine gun, head vulcan, plasma knife, beam wire

MSAM-YM03 Montero

Overall Height: 18.5m
Base Weight: 41.3t
Armament: beam rifle, beam saber, beam javelin, beam wire

JAHANNAM

Armament: beam rifle, plasma ax, bazooka, mid-range missile, throwing grenade

HECATE

Armament: beam rifle, plasma scythe, block bit? (ブロックビット)

Armament: beam cannon, missile, plasma stick

MSAM-034a Space Jahannam Klim Nick Use

Overall Height: 17.5m
Base Weight: 43.2t
Armament: beam rifle, plasma ax, shoulder vulcan

VGMM-La01a Dharma

Armament: beam cannon

VGMM-La01b Dahack

Armament: armed arm x 4, plunder (プランダー) x 2

MORAN

Armament: beam rifle, missile, needle, beam dagger, beam sword

[Also pictured is the General Unit Moran]

TRINITY

Armament: funnel, beam saber

ELMORAN

Armament: beam rifle, bazooka, missile, needle, beam sword

ZACKS

Armament: beam gun, pulse beam cannon, beam burner (バーナー), casting net (投げ網)

NEODU

Armament: beam rifle, beam saber, flashlight, beam saber

GAITRASH

Armament: beam rifle, pulse beam cannon, missile, beam manteau

RE G-IT

Armament: beam rifle, beam saber

POLIGIT

Armament: beam rifle, beam saber

VGMM-Gb03 Gaeon

Base Weight: 39.8t (including big arm unit)
Armament: beam rifle, photon laser, big arm, beam saber, flash bang (stun grenade, whatever)

VGMM-Sc02 Gastima

Armament: beam rifle, beam cannon, diffuse (scatter?) beam cannon, funnel missile, super-large beam saber

Z'GOGGY

Armament: claw, excavator, torpedo

ZANSGATT

Armament: beam rifle

CONQUE DE VENUS

Armament: oven, gigantic beam saber, heat feeler? (ヒットフィーラー)

GROD

Armament: wire-guided arm, bite bit? (バイトビット)

MAZRASTER

Armament: beam rifle, beam whip
balofo

Godlike Deacon!

Thanks again for the hard work!

There's some interesting weaponry there that we didn't see in the anime. I will wait for my copy to analyze the pieces of lineart and try to make a reasonable list.
Deacon Blues

For what it's also worth, it also lists affiliation and pilots/operators for the units too... I just omitted them for the sake of speed but I can go back and plop them in...
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:For what it's also worth, it also lists affiliation and pilots/operators for the units too... I just omitted them for the sake of speed but I can go back and plop them in...
That's mad fine for now, Mark will complete the info when he gets his.

This is funny, I believe data like model numbers and H/W are decided after the lineart is drawn. Must be some internal Bandai thing
toysdream

Might depend on the production. Since I'm often working on the terminology lists as series are produced, I have some idea when the specs/model numbers are added into the mix; for G-Reco, the terminology lists never even mentioned model numbers, so they may all be retcons.

-- Mark
balofo

toysdream wrote:Might depend on the production. Since I'm often working on the terminology lists as series are produced, I have some idea when the specs/model numbers are added into the mix; for G-Reco, the terminology lists never even mentioned model numbers, so they may all be retcons.

-- Mark
I remember seeing something on twitter about the guy they hired to write the G-Reco gunpla manuals and that because of that the data would be incomplete unless they re-hired him again. See how there's no data for the G-Reco MSV current series.

Mark, G-Reco is going to be nuts. The manuals are incomplete, the lineart is incomplete and the anime is all over the place for the armament info. I guess it's best we wait for the G-Reco mecha mook before even tackling this series.
Chris
Administrator

toysdream wrote:Might depend on the production. Since I'm often working on the terminology lists as series are produced, I have some idea when the specs/model numbers are added into the mix; for G-Reco, the terminology lists never even mentioned model numbers, so they may all be retcons.

-- Mark
Maybe in most cases, but the G-Self's model number is actually mentioned in the show, so that would be the exception.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his