MS Catalog

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: MS Catalog

-Miguel's GINN should get the shield listed as unconfirmed, even if it only appears in games like that OP
-Manual are god tier sources so include the Raider claw beam sabers as unconfirmed
-The 150m Gerbera Straight is sometimes called Gerbera Straight Vol.2
-add Blue Frame Full Weapon. Funny thing is that jp wiki claims the back missile launcher is based on the Bucue one but modified to 8 rounds launcher, is this from the photostory/novel? Other thing is the single grenade mounted on the shield, in the manga it's a flash/chaff but the scratchbuild is supposed to be something different. See this scan for the grenade info.
http://imgur.com/GXyDfpt
-Add the Strengthened Beam Rifle(only 1 shot) for the base Blue Frame.
-The Optical Sensor variant retains the head CIWS based on lineart, but this is just trivia :)
-Blue Fourth Laser Cannons are only mentioned in the photostory, there's even a pic of they firing an yellow laser
-I don't remember ever seeing the Second L using the original handheld armaments from the base unit besides in EXVS. Isn't it bogus?
-Should add propelant tanks to Gai's GINN
-Works GINN uses a handheld Mobius Linear Gun and the base Machinegun in the manga
-BuCUE TYPE TACTICAL RECONNAISSANCE aren't the guns laser cannons?
-Testament Trikeros weapons are only named in the scratchbuild as Beam Cannon, Sword and Claw.
-TURN DELTA: data collection has the arm beam sabers named as fixed beam sabers it also has lineart of the VL beam sabers mounted separate from the VL wings and shaped like a beam saber, never used in the manga though.
-SPECULUM RAIGO pods are called missile pods in the scratchbuild notes
-new Destiny Astray stuff: never seen armament lists for them yet. But I think they are very easy to list as confirmed stuff :)
-IMO all the Madigan stuff should be added :) More info is always good
-Blue Frame Third has needles, トリモチ as options for the knee Beam Sabers, can't read the kanji for the small balls besides them being some kind of shells/bullets
-Are you going to add the Blue Frame Short Region Assault from that special booklet? the R manga also shows a Second G variation of this loadout but never named as such.
-Red Dragon's Dragg head has beam saber attack capabilites, add that.
-Turn Red only has 2 Tactical Arms
-DI Adaga is the same as DESTINY IMPULSE GUNDAM R, please list the Woflsbane beam saber capability
-Please add the Astray Noir D it has official lineart, it's just base Noir with Sword Pistols plus Destiny R Sillhouette.

***So Mark have you got the lineart with legible designer notes to tell us what are the Dragoon Flyer and Pergrande's never listed weapons?

******I asked before but you never answered: what book/magazine has the lineart for Jenice's Machinegun/Beam Rifle doubling as Beam Sabers? Please I need to see this lineart :)
AmuroNT1

balofo wrote:-I don't remember ever seeing the Second L using the original handheld armaments from the base unit besides in EXVS. Isn't it bogus?
-Blue Frame Third has needles, トリモチ as options for the knee Beam Sabers, can't read the kanji for the small balls besides them being some kind of shells/bullets
Yeah, Extreme Vs. gives Blue Frame Second L the original's beam rifle and the one-shot enhanced rifle, but that may have been merely to pad out its moveset so it actually had a standard ranged weapon.

Also, the option for Blue Frame Third is Torimochi - Birdlime, the same stuff seen extensively in Zeta Gundam among other places.

About Nero Blitz, I know they're only shown using dummies, but there's a panel where Dana points the launcher at the Acidalium's bridge, which to me implies it has some kind of standard weapon function - it'd be kind of silly to menace people with just balloons. Unless you're Pennywise the Clown. Or Bernard Wiseman. :)
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
toysdream

Still thinking about some of these items. I'm reluctant to add stuff like the Blue Frame Full Weapon or these "Short Range Assault" versions mentioned in the Japanese Wikipedia, since the MS Encyclopedia could have included them, but chose not to for whatever reason. I may relent on the Full Weapon, since that was at least in the Data Collection, but I've never even seen pictures of the Short Range Assault types.

Speaking of reference art: None of the Dragoon Flyer or Pergrande art I've seen includes weapon labels. Same goes for the Regenerate. As for the Jenice weapons, these were in Hobby Japan's "Gundam X The 3D" book - I'll scan them for you shortly. :-)

Meanwhile, I made a couple more revisions. I added the Strike Rouge + Ootori, noted the beam saber mode of the Ahura Mazda and Wolfsbane, and bumped up the GINN WASP's phonon maser and the Raider Full Spec's propellant tanks to "confirmed" status since they're listed in the original Seed MSV profiles. I also removed "x 2" from the Raider Full Spec's machine gun pods and King Cobras, since it can carry an arbitrary number of these on its pylons.

While I was at it, I took another look at the wing options on the Jet Striker. Turns out the labeling on these is often mixed up; the ones with three tubes bundled together should actually be the triple Wurger missile pods, the big standalone missiles (which are similar to appearance to the Raider Full Spec's King Cobras) should be Drache ASMs, and the pointy multi-barrel pods are actually the Mk1323 rocket pods. They even got these mixed up in the Murasame kit manual! :-)

Accordingly, I put down the Speculum Raigo's similar-looking pods as "rocket pods". Technically, the caption in the Frame Astrays data file says it can carry "missile pods, etc," so as far as I'm concerned this is an example of "etc".

-- Mark
E08

For the laser cannons on the back of Blue Frame Fourth, they are mentioned and pictured in Astray B, chapter 8.

The normal Outframe used the beam rifle in the Seed Destiny Astray photonovel chapter 5.

As far as i'm aware, the mirage colloid of the Proto-Saviour+11 is for the virus and the normal Proto-Saviour has the virus as well.

I suppose one good reason for listing the weaponry of the testament's Trikeros Kai is to show that it is a different weapon from Gold Frame Amatsu's Trikeros Kai.

balafo, i think you may have confused the Voiture Lumiere propulsion system with the Lumiere shield. The latter seems to be developed from Hyperion's lightwave barrier shield and has no relation with the VL propulsion system.

As for the Red Frame's Ddraigh head, it is unknown if the beam antennas can serve as beam sabers, the profile on the official site did not mention it and neither did Lowe uses it as a weapon in the story.
balofo

-Short Range Assault lineart doesn't exist but here are the photos from the DHM special booklet, it also explain the short rifles. Sadly I lost both the REMOVED and chinese scans of this book...
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii11 ... img397.jpg
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii11 ... img398.jpg
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii11 ... img399.jpg
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii11 ... img400.jpg
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii11 ... img401.jpg
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii11 ... img402.jpg
http://imgur.com/OrD4vAT
-Amatu Complete is also from the same booklet and has lineart
http://imgur.com/S87NvUp
-Draigg Head, jp wiki text claiming it has beam saber function, unsourced.
ドライグヘッド
『DESTINY ASTRAY R』に登場。ロウが設計した頭部ユニットで、カレトヴルッフとの連携を前提として、ミラージュコロイド制御機能とセンサーの強化が為されている。新機能としてビームアンテナを搭載。サーベル機能のほかに、ビームでさまざまな文字や図形を描くことが出来る。その他にも機能が内蔵されているが、製作したロウ自身も良く把握していない。
-I'm not confusing VL and the Lumiere Shield for Turn Delta. I'm just pointing the lineart gives a beam saber like function in the same place the Lumiere Shield is generated. It might be the same thing the Hyperion can do: Beam Lance that can pierce other Beam Shields/ALs.
http://imgur.com/YMYS4gu
http://imgur.com/QqE6FMe
-Regenerate lineart with original designer notes. Please add the following as unconfirmed: 4x Vulcans(2 in each flat head), 2 Missiles(in large flat head), 2 Beam Cannons(1 in each flat head nose), 8 Beam Cannons(2 in each spider arm). It also points beam emmitters in the spider leg nails, but I believe they are the Beam Saber emmiters since from that position they can't fire(placed inside nail).
http://imgur.com/n7h4NTB
E08

OK, i was mislead by your VL beam sabers...
toysdream

Ooh, nice find on the Regenerate line art! It turns out I also had a copy of this - it's in the "X Astray Complete Design File" insert booklet from Gundam Ace. I've gone ahead and counted the extra four toe beam guns, since they're labeled that way in the line art, and the beam sabers seem to form somehow about the blades rather than coming from the beam gun barrels. This is also true in the Astray R comic.

Speaking of which, the Blue Frame Second L uses both the regular beam rifle and the short rifle in the Astray R comic, so I've gone ahead and reinstated those weapons as "confirmed". Likewise for the Second G - if the L uses them, I can believe the G does as well, so at this point I've accepted the entire MS Encyclopedia weapons list for the Second G. I did change "handgun" to "short rifle", though. :-)

And speaking of line art, I finally found labeled line art for the Mistral. Turns out those four openings on the top are "thrusters," i.e. maneuvering verniers, rather than machine guns.

See, and we thought there weren't any lingering mysteries about the Seed series!

-- Mark
balofo

toysdream wrote:Ooh, nice find on the Regenerate line art! It turns out I also had a copy of this - it's in the "X Astray Complete Design File" insert booklet from Gundam Ace. I've gone ahead and counted the extra four toe beam guns, since they're labeled that way in the line art, and the beam sabers seem to form somehow about the blades rather than coming from the beam gun barrels. This is also true in the Astray R comic.

Speaking of which, the Blue Frame Second L uses both the regular beam rifle and the short rifle in the Astray R comic, so I've gone ahead and reinstated those weapons as "confirmed". Likewise for the Second G - if the L uses them, I can believe the G does as well, so at this point I've accepted the entire MS Encyclopedia weapons list for the Second G. I did change "handgun" to "short rifle", though. :-)

And speaking of line art, I finally found labeled line art for the Mistral. Turns out those four openings on the top are "thrusters," i.e. maneuvering verniers, rather than machine guns.

See, and we thought there weren't any lingering mysteries about the Seed series!

-- Mark
-The Blue Frame 2nd using the short rifle and the complete sensor head in the R manga is the ''short region assault'' ver. During the final battle against the Regenerate he uses it to infiltrate Genesis Alpha.
-So the Mistral only has the underside vulcan pods?
-Shouldn't you mention the Buster Striker for Hail Buster(contains the 2 handheld rifles), Shield Striker for Gale Strike(holds beam sabers and shield) and the Maganoikutachi Striker for both Nebula Blitz and Vent Saviour(contains Maganoikutachi and Maganoshirahoko)? I know they aren't listed the armament list but this is for completion sake.

Sadly we'll never know what are the Dragoon Flyer and Pergrande's weapons :(

Any chance of that Jenice scan? A decent cellphone photo should be enough.
toysdream

No, the Blue Frame in the last part of the Astray R manga is definitely the Second L - it has the Tactical Arms and the distinctive Second L head, and it's labeled as "Blue Frame Astray Second L" in a caption box right there on the page. And it's waving around a beam rifle and, on one occasion, a short rifle.

Yep, the Mistral's only weapons appear to be the vulcan pods. No machine guns after all.

I didn't list the various strikers from the Astray Versus series because, as far as I can tell, these weren't mentioned in the kit manuals. I just don't want to start putting stuff in my listings simply because it's mentioned in the Japanese Wikipedia - that way lies madness. :-)

I'll scan the Jenice thing shortly. Don't have a cellphone, I'm afraid.

EDIT: I took another look at those page scans, and the discussion of the Gold Frame Amatsu (Perfect Form) and Blue Frame Short Range Assault on the Japanese Wikipedia. (I know it's captioned as "Short Region" in the Dengeki Hobby feature, but ショートレンジ really should be "Short Range.") Sounds like these were created for a "Gundam Seed Astray Special" series in Dengeki Hobby, and their official status is unclear. According to the accompanying setting, the Amatsu is a data-only plan that was never actually built - fair enough, and they got Bee-Craft to draw it, so I'll add that one. The Blue Frame one has no back story and appears to be an unofficial kitbash.

As for the Astray R comic, there is a span of a couple of pages - 179 to 181 - where Gai configures the Blue Frame with a Complete Sensor head and a short rifle to scout out Genesis Alpha. Since it has the regular backpack instead of the Tactical Arms, I guess this would be a nameless Second G variation. But on the very next page (182) he's changed it back to a rifle-toting Second L.

-- Mark
E08

The various strikers from the Astray Versus series are listed in the kits manual. Not in the colored pages (except for Nebula Blitz which is on the bottom of the second color page), but in the assembly pages. Nix Providence and Regen Duel have the striker pack's name on the cover of the manual.

Nebula Blitz's armament is missing the second set of lancer darts stored on the hips.
balofo

Before finishing SEED universe I'd like someone good with kanji tell me what these ZAFT variants from the official MSV site are named. They've never appeared anywhere but should be interesting for trivia.

http://imgur.com/MaOHJY9

-A GINN variant
-Zuoot predecessor

There's also the Super Goohn, the Ash precursor.

**Mark two additions:
-GINN Tempester appears to have head vulcans according to lineart
-Fuego in DC has Handgun(looks more like a Torch Gun) and Shield
Deacon Blues

Worker Mobile Suit
TFA-2 ZuOOT
TFA-4DE GAZuOOT

YMF-01B Proto Ginn
ZGMF-1017 Ginn
ZGMF-1017 Ginn Type Insurgent
ZGMF-1017AS Ginn Assault

ZGMF-LRR704B GINN Long Range Reconnaissance Type
ZGMF/TAR-X1 GINN Tactical Air Reconnaissance Type
ZGMF-1017 GINN Ceremonial Decoration Type
Cold Climate Type Ginn

Uh, all of these, minus the first and last on the list, appeared in some sort of publication, anime or sidestory.
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:Worker Mobile Suit
TFA-2 ZuOOT
TFA-4DE GAZuOOT

YMF-01B Proto Ginn
ZGMF-1017 Ginn
ZGMF-1017 Ginn Type Insurgent
ZGMF-1017AS Ginn Assault

ZGMF-LRR704B GINN Long Range Reconnaissance Type
ZGMF/TAR-X1 GINN Tactical Air Reconnaissance Type
ZGMF-1017 GINN Ceremonial Decoration Type
Cold Climate Type Ginn

Uh, all of these, minus the first and last on the list, appeared in some sort of publication, anime or sidestory.
Thanks! Should have circled the black silhouettes only :)

**EDIT: Mark

-the Beam Sabers you mention as unconfirmed for the Wild Dagger quadruped mode are the same hip MS mode ones or another thing I can't see? Also the head of MA mode looks to have the same 4 vulcans as Gaia Gundam
-Do you have any lineart that points that the Strike Dagger's Beam Rifle has a Grenade Launcher in the under barrel? It appears in some games.
AmuroNT1

Katoki just keeps adding stuff to the Hi-Nu Gundam HWS! Now there's a "Form 2" configuration where the original high mega shield mounts on the back (presumably as a shield booster) and it gains the original Nu's shield and a second hyper bazooka. On top of that, the chest armor has hidden missiles, the front skirts have hidden hands with their own beam sabers, and the leg thruster armor can open up, though for what purpose I'm not entirely sure. If they include the hyper mega bazooka launcher, I think it might well be the complete package.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ATRA8d8WpvM/U ... 1600/2.JPG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Y8WkLGNX4zI/U ... 1600/3.JPG
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--xf0CoCW1Q8/U ... 0710_8.jpg
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

balofo

AmuroNT1 wrote:Katoki just keeps adding stuff to the Hi-Nu Gundam HWS! Now there's a "Form 2" configuration where the original high mega shield mounts on the back (presumably as a shield booster) and it gains the original Nu's shield and a second hyper bazooka. On top of that, the chest armor has hidden missiles, the front skirts have hidden hands with their own beam sabers, and the leg thruster armor can open up, though for what purpose I'm not entirely sure. If they include the hyper mega bazooka launcher, I think it might well be the complete package.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ATRA8d8WpvM/U ... 1600/2.JPG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Y8WkLGNX4zI/U ... 1600/3.JPG
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--xf0CoCW1Q8/U ... 0710_8.jpg
No hyper mega bazooka launcher with this release, gonna have to wait until it shows up in the manga to know what it looks like.

Since we're talking BC, the Re/100 Nightingale is confirmed to have hidden arms on the front skirts and its Beam Tomahawk is just a larger version of Sazabi's. No beam saber effect parts shown yet. With this we only need to know what the chest muzzles are: either convergent beam cannons(spreadind would destroy its own armor) or large machinecannons.
AmuroNT1

Well, at the very least the hyper launcher shows up in the Extreme Vs. series as the Hi-Nu's Burst Attack (the game's equivalent of a super move). I took some screencaps a while ago with my cruddy capture card, but now that I've got a Hauppuage maybe I should take some better ones.

toysdream

It's possible the hyper mega rifle substitutes for the launcher mentioned in the Beltorchika Children novel. Incidentally, it looks like Katoki designed this so that it's now extra equipment that bolts onto the original beam rifle.

It would also be nice to get some kind of definitive word on what the big barrels on the hyper mega shield are supposed to be. The armaments list on the box cover implies they're mega particle cannons...

-- Mark
Calubin_175

Weight issues galore for the model kit. The idea of adding hidden arms just proves that it is super bulky and requires some melee defensive measures while wielding all the heavy firearms.

It also goes to show that a skinny UC MS does not have enough fire power and it isn't all powerful, hence requiring a heavy configuration.
toysdream

According to the HG-UC kit manual, the HWS configuration is kind of a throwback to Gryps Conflict-era design concepts. This kind of excessive piling-on of extra weapons, armor, and thrusters went out of fashion after U.C. 0090, but the HWS incorporates a lot of the features of pre-0090 Gundams like the Zeta and ZZ. Basically I guess it's a "retro" option for the relatively streamlined Nu Gundam.

-- Mark
Wingnut

Though in this case it might end up being a case of too much in the same vein as in SD Gundam Mk. I where the Gundam tries to launch from White Base with all that extra junk loaded on and can't use the catapult because it's too heavy.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.