Gundam Wing GOL/FT/MG new stuff THREAD

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
pqcomics

Re: Gundam Wing GOL/FT/MG new stuff THREAD

I've been thinking off buying the master grades and going to with some knocks offs and things to create all the crazy upgrades and different versions of the gundams. But bandai just announced that they'll be doing real grade versions of the endless waltz gundams, and it seems that they'll be releasing add on kits via magazines and at this point i don't know whether they'll ultimate release the kits or not and i don't what to buy a a knockoff tallgeese and scrap an entire wing zero. Where do you think Bandai is going with the EW model kits? It seems like the master grades are on the back burner at the moment, which is strange with how simple it would be to finish the main gundams' upgrades.
BLoop
saneman

Wait, what is the Black Wing Zero?
You know, doing what is right is easy. The problem is knowing what is right.
~ Lyndon B. Johnson
balofo

FT latest chapter, no GOL this month

-Zechs got the Zero System bootup from Ein
-Zero System MS was born to hold the self evolved Sam
-Zechs and Erv are captured by the 5 doctors and made to pilot the 2nd Lunar War prototypes from FT. Erv pilots a naked Prometheus with a Leo head and Zechs uses Satan(Warlock) in quadruped mode(Fenrir)
-Hints that Snow White can transform
-Quinze got PPP 16 years ago
-Doctor J couldn't boot up the Zero System since it was sealed, requiring Zechs bootup unit
-Zechs encounters an UESA unit during test and destroys them all in melee combat
-Noin comes out from the commander machine in a OZ suit and says: Zechs it has been 182 days.
-Will Noin and Zechs betray Treize?

http://www.amiami.jp/blog/2014/11/gunplaexpo_01/63.jpg

-TBR addon is called Drei Zwerg (Three Dwarfs)
-Single is Messer Zwerg(Knife Dwarf), sextuplet is Drei Zwerg Doppelt(Three Dwarfs Double)
-Snow White's Seven Dwarfs prototype?

Just want to correct that the only addons by Katoki are the Rosette and the Drei Zwerg, all the other ones are by the manga artist
AmuroNT1

...I don't understand any of that, and I get the feeling that that's a good thing.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

Was reading the BWZ VS Fenrir fight, damn that was awesome. Oh and it really was an amnesiac Heero that got up on pure instinct that saved the Fenrir(Duo Jr was going to bail out with the helicopter umbrella) riding the Tallgeese Heaven.

Fenrir has 10 funnels that shoot beam, during the fight Van took over them using ZERO System. Catherine could reach the cockpit because Fenrir tore the Silver Arrow along the cockpit hatch with its Platinum Fangs.
balofo

BWZ!

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/81cfa85agw1 ... 16odri.jpg

Looks like BWZ has some rear waist new wing attachments
AmuroNT1

Looks like it has Deathscythe Hell's wings on the skirt, kinda like the Tiel's Impulse mecha.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Dark Duel

I had the same thought, looking at it as well; I saw that, and thought it looked like some bizarre mix of Wing Seraphim and Deathscythe Guilty. Right down to the green detailing on the shoulders like on the Seraphim.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
balofo

-Snow White uses the Proto Zero frame.
-So there are 2 Proto Zeros in the new canon:
a)the second one built by Quatre currently being used in GOL. It has just been destroyed and will be upgraded into the angel winged version until is destroyed in EW
b)the first one that was built for the 2nd Lunar War with the Drei Zwerg by the 5 scientists but was dismantled and stored in a Winner factory until discovered by Quatre who upgraded it into FT's Snow White
-Leo Type V named: Nemea. Ground and Space use, appeared as early as the 2nd Lunar War and is the model currently used by OZ in GOL.
-Noin piloted the Sherezade and Odin Lowe used the Proto Zero during the 2nd Lunar War

EDIT:
-2nd Lunar War was from AC 186 to 191.
-Epyon White is equipped with EM Resonance Depth Charges on its feet, Master Change used them in an attack called Frozen Fire to detonate the methane hydrate that exists under Mars surface
-BWZ has different names for 2 weapons: the shoulder ones are called Shoulder Vulcans and rifle is simply called Buster Rifle. Not know if this a relevant change or just different names.
-Snow White survived a direct hit from BWZ's Buster Rifle, that's some tough armor there
-Silver Arrow has Mad Gundanium at the tip and produces a light drill when piercing
-Professor W installed a new program into the Zero System called Asttro Boy that allows to save the pilots data.
-Zero Frame mentioned for the Warlock->Fenrir transformation
Arsarcana

So... Heero's father, who isn't really his father, but turns out to really be such, piloted Wing Zero before we were told it was supposed to exist, and now there are/were two of them. I swear every time I learn more about Frozen Teardrop my head starts to hurt.

I still like the mecha designs though.
InjuredPelican

Having the lunar wars in the background of Wing is pretty interesting. It would better explain why there are mobile suits in use during the series proper. Having a Wing Zero back then kind of goes against the whole "scientists didn't build it cause it was too dangerous" idea though. It makes plenty of sense that they feared it if they really saw it in action though. But then wouldn't such a powerful machine be remembered by people later??
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
JEFFPIATT

it would explain the line in wings forst episode where zechs calles out the wing gundam in reentry as an gundam witch would make no sense if those were the first five deployed gundams in ac the word would have never existed if there wernt any other suits unless the doctors left an thesis on an hyperthetical gundam at oz befor they left.
AmuroNT1

My personal head-canon to explain OZ's knowledge of Gundams was that when the five engineers were forced to split up by the Alliance closed in on them, the Alliance found some fragmentary data of their work. Thus even if they didn't get any useful information, they knew that someone had figured how to make Gundanium into MS armor, which would be majorly bad news if it were ever put into practice, and can serve to explain why they had shipments of Gundanium back in the first few episodes of the series.

balofo

FT explanation for Alliance and OZ knowing about Gundams:
-Gundanium which has unique electrical and neutrality characteristics is actually known to both Alliance and colonies even before the AC 180 decade. Alliance(Romefeller) feared the colonies would produce Gundanium MS so they attacked the Marius Plant, cue 1st Lunar War in 186. Marius Plant was unable to synthesize Gundanium from Luna Titanium(then known as Neo Titanium)+GND ore though.
-Van acquires the Proto Zero's blueprints from Aoi(Heero's mom) and convinces the Alliance to expand its military relying on OZ using the fact a Gundam is worth 50 normal MS.
-In 186 the 5 scientists complete the Proto Zero design which is used by Adin Lowe sometime.
-In 187 the 5 scientists are together synthesizing Gundanium in the abandoned Marius Plant; they make Zechs, Erv and Noin use Warlock, Prometheus and Sheherazede unfinished prototypes. Meilan also used Warlock in this period, perhaps as Zechs subpilot.
-2nd Lunar is basically unknown to humanity since all its records were destroyed even by MC0014 when the 4 prototypes are found dismantled in a Winner factory and then upgraded with the latest tech to be used in MC022
-5 scientists finally roll out the 5 Gundams in 194. Operation Meteor begins in 195.

All in all it took the colonies a long time to perfect Gundanium MS. This 2nd Lunar War arc will better explain the new canon

I don't have scans for the 2 latest chapters, only a summary of last month's. Perhaps Deacon can tell us in which year Proto was used by Zero and under what circumstances
E08

Just to add a bit about OZ knowing about the existence of Gundams. Based on what i can read from the MG Wing manual, sometime before operation meteor (seemingly after the 5 scientists drop their Wing Zero plan) OZ got their hands on some data fragments and based on these they foresee the appearance of high performance MS like the Gundams.
AmuroNT1

E08 wrote:Just to add a bit about OZ knowing about the existence of Gundams. Based on what i can read from the MG Wing manual, sometime before operation meteor (seemingly after the 5 scientists drop their Wing Zero plan) OZ got their hands on some data fragments and based on these they foresee the appearance of high performance MS like the Gundams.
So my personal theory was basically correct?

E08

Yes, other than the ones involved being OZ rather than the Alliance, and that OZ sees it as a low level threat.
BrentD15

Arsarcana wrote:So... Heero's father, who isn't really his father, but turns out to really be such, piloted Wing Zero before we were told it was supposed to exist, and now there are/were two of them. I swear every time I learn more about Frozen Teardrop my head starts to hurt.
It's like they don't know what to do with the series anymore. :P
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

Latest FT chapter:
-After Noin and Zechs meet they are ordered to retreat by Doctor J to L1 Colony. He decided to abandon the lunar base but ordered to bring Noin to be MS test pilot.
-Zechs wants Noin to bring Zero System to Treize but she just wants to be with him
-Warrant Officer Cordelia Fitzgerald ordered the bombing of the rebel's lunar base, thus delaying the production of the Gundams. Later she would meet Treize and change her name to Lady Anne.
-AC 187 April/07(6 months after the Bulge terrorist attack). Heero and Odin Lowe arrive at Medical Center in L1 Colony responsible for producing vaccines for the colony flu. Heero has a mild fever. This is the same hospital where Van and Angelina were killed in the bomb attack.
-Heero asks Odin to train him then they meet Doctor Catherine Po(probably Sally's mom) an old fried of Odin. Odin came to this place to leave Heero there, receive his next mission and visit Heero Yui's grave, killed exactly 10 years ago by him.
-A L5 colony, G-03554, is dangerously going out of orbit and could severely damage the colonies, moon and Earth. Cordelia wants to use the Bulge Cannon to destroy it but the higher ups are putting obstacles so she decides to leak the info to the rebels.
-The remains of Heero Yui are conserved in glass coffin under the hospital, just like Snow White. Doctor J appears and Odin pretends he didn't kill the colony leader but J says there's no remorse.
-Catherine says she is behind schedule developing the cloning technology but J says it's ok. Odin's mission is to destroy the lunar base of the Alliance where Cordelia is.
-Odin freaks out when he discovers he's going to pilot a MS then J says it's called Proto Zero but he prefers to call it Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. Odin tells he can pilot MS.
-Catherine confirms that cloning can't resurrect the dead so it's no use for the Heero Yui corpse but J wanted to use it to clone Zechs for the Zero System password.
-J says to Professor G that Odin is the best sniper in the universe and using Image Trace on him will make Snow White the ultimate sniper MS. They entered the ship and it took off.
-They noted that Master O wasn't there, he had left for his old friends L5 colony bringing Devil(Warlock) without permission. L5 colony already had the Proto Tallgeese(Zi Long) but it wasn't enough to destroy the derelict colony from inside as they planned.
-Odin read the Proto Zero manual but found it interesting that the part about the Zero System was ommited.
-L5 group arrived at the derelict colony. Meilan's father Long Liaoya worked outside using the Zi Long, Meilan and her twin sister used Devil inside and Master O took care of the computers. They did their work and left thinking the damage would be minimal.
-Except now the colony would hit the Alliance base at the Moon's South Pole so the commandant Clarence ordered to use the Bulge Cannon. The cannon hit only superficially and now the colony was divided into 3 blocks, each heading for the L1, L2 colonies and Earth.
-Doctor S suggested using the prototypes. Noin pilots the Scheherazade(to which he quickly adapted), Erv the Prometheus(now with Cross Gatling) and Zechs used the Leo V Nemea. Each were sent to a falling colony block.
-J contacts Odin inside the Proto's cockpit and tells him the objective has changed, Odin accepts destroying the colony block but asks if he can use the Drei Zwerg(told to do as he pleases) and what's the Zero System which prompts J to cut the conversation.
-J regrets he can't use the Zero System to solve the crisis easier.
InjuredPelican

So they recycled the "destroyed the colony/Libra bits" from the series proper? Hmm....
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack