Gundam Wing GOL/FT/MG new stuff THREAD

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Strike Zero

Re: Gundam Wing GOL/FT/MG new stuff THREAD

Why the hell is there ANOTHER new character named Catherine?
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
ShadowCell

most Gundam space colonization efforts are rooted in some sort of critical shortage of resources. in the After Colony world that shortage is of baby names.
AmuroNT1

balofo wrote:-Warrant Officer Cordelia Fitzgerald ordered the bombing of the rebel's lunar base, thus delaying the production of the Gundams. Later she would meet Treize and change her name to Lady Anne.
Completely unnecessary!
balofo wrote:-Heero asks Odin to train him then they meet Doctor Catherine Po(probably Sally's mom) an old fried of Odin. Odin came to this place to leave Heero there, receive his next mission and visit Heero Yui's grave, killed exactly 10 years ago by him.
Cathy Bloom, Katrina Peacecraft, Quatre's mother and sister, both Cathy Pos...yeah, this is officially the SIXTH Catherine. Goddamn Sumizawa, what is it with you and this name?
balofo wrote:-A L5 colony, G-03554, is dangerously going out of orbit and could severely damage the colonies, moon and Earth. Cordelia wants to use the Bulge Cannon to destroy it but the higher ups are putting obstacles so she decides to leak the info to the rebels.
I love this kind of nonsensical villainy. The Alliance won't save the lives of the people they're oppressing because they're EEEEEEVIL...but letting it fall hurts them just as much as the people who are directly affected.
balofo wrote:-The remains of Heero Yui are conserved in glass coffin under the hospital, just like Snow White.
Why.

Alternate take: Or, you know, Lenin. At least until he rises from his grave to crush capitalism.
balofo wrote:-Odin freaks out when he discovers he's going to pilot a MS then J says it's called Proto Zero but he prefers to call it Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. Odin tells he can pilot MS.
Respect for Doctor J currently in free-fall.
balofo wrote:-Catherine confirms that cloning can't resurrect the dead so it's no use for the Heero Yui corpse but J wanted to use it to clone Zechs for the Zero System password.
Why.
balofo wrote:-J says to Professor G that Odin is the best sniper in the universe and using Image Trace on him will make Snow White the ultimate sniper MS. They entered the ship and it took off.
Yes, because when I think "sniper", I think "big honking rifle that fires colony-destroying beams".
balofo wrote:-Doctor S suggested using the prototypes. Noin pilots the Scheherazade(to which he quickly adapted), Erv the Prometheus(now with Cross Gatling) and Zechs used the Leo V Nemea. Each were sent to a falling colony block.
*puts head in car door, slams repeatedly*

I'm honestly not sure what hurts more at this point, the horrendously uncreative and continuity-breaking flashbacks, or the inane bullcrap future segment with its magic nanomachines and human cloning and disgustingly out-of-character writing.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

Imagine the butthurt if FT is the Fall 2015 Gundam anime series...
latenlazy

I might watch it just for the lolz.
Dark Duel

I won't. I mean, I haven't read FT other than the summaries posted here, and those do NOT make me want to see that animated. And I liked both Wing and EW. I'd almost be willing to put up with more of Saint Lacus the Self-Righteous and her pet Spambot than to deal with animated FT.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Strike Zero

Just remember, Double D, if Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Shinn's Counterattack gets announced for Winter 2015, it is now all your fault.
balofo

It's pretty obvious Bamco has planned in advance something big for Wing.
-Novel sequel done by the main writer of TV series and EW. Said novel gets more volumes than originally planned.
-Manga series done by the main writer of TV series and EW to depict the TV series story in the new canon version.
-Original mech designers back, doing new versions of their MS and fixing mistakes(poorly armed EW Gundams, Epyon having no ranged options)
-TWO-MIX active doing Wing remixes.
-MG for all 6 Gundams using basically the same frame. Said MGs obviously can be made into FT versions of the new suits(see Epyon ver KA. feet)
-FT new MS not revealed yet besides Prometheus, Epyon White and 3 Mars Suits. VERY weird
-New character design for the returning cast not revealed yet, save for some. Weird
-New RG frame already hinting at reusing the mold
-FT picture drama released along BDs. Maybe to gauge interest?
-Original TV series getting a rerun soon.

For me this is Bamco's first experiment in doing an anime sequel to something not UC and capitalizing on nostalgia because of the 20th anniversary for maximum profits.

We will know the answer soon...
meer campbell

I would actually say all the suits being rehashes is a huge point against a series. I don't think rehashes are going to drum up enough interest for a whole new show. Especially when they are as lazy as these suits are looking. Snow White seems like it is going to turn out to be my largest MS related disappointment ever.
ShadowCell

balofo wrote:Imagine the butthurt if FT is the Fall 2015 Gundam anime series...
i would watch this

i would watch this so much
latenlazy

ShadowCell wrote:
balofo wrote:Imagine the butthurt if FT is the Fall 2015 Gundam anime series...
i would watch this

i would watch this so much
Do it for the lulz! Honestly though, could it be as bad as Destiny?

*shudder*
Strike Zero

As I've mentioned in the past, I too am most eager to see FT rendered in glorious animated form.
InjuredPelican

I'd watch an anime adaptation. It might end up being So Bad its Good or something for all I know. So far that's how I am taking these updates. FT is very amusing so far, even if in all the wrong ways.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
ShadowCell

an animated Frozen Teardrop seems like it would be a thing best watched with friends, so you can get an MST3K thing going
J-Lead

If they're going to animate anything Frozen Teardrop related, it's probably going to be whatever story Frozen Teardrop is building up to rather than the novel itself, or at the very least, the Mars events of FT and onward with an occasional flashback to help establish whatever's relevant in the backstory so that it jives with the ongoing plot. The novel's mostly been flashbacks peppered with hints of the present ongoing events here and there; not really worth animating. I have a feeling a good amount of it might be cut for time reasons in a hypothetical anime taking place in Mars Century anyway.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Heaven Piercing Man

Didn't Sumizawa say FT was to him "a bridge towards a new proper installment" or something like that?
Lord Dearche

If Frozen Tearderp is a bridge than that bridge collapsed looooooooooon ago.

I was actually enjoying where this was going. I didn't think it was good in any way, but it was just so stupid and WTF that you can't help but look and keep looking. Like a car crash, that was hit by a train, and was then hit by the space shuttle. Directed by Michael Bay.

Things like One man army and Emperor of Mars Milliardo, his 3 or 4 clones running around, Tallgeese Outer Heaven with it's Nanomachines (WHOOOA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) and all the other wacky stuff had me hooked for some reason.

But now that it's decided to Go back BEFORE the damn TV series itself, and start retconing things no one cared about to begin with, even I'm at my limits. It's attempt at any sort of plot has literally gone nowhere in the last 12 months or so. At least release artwork or something.

I haven't kept up with Glory for a while but I've heard at least that's doing a LOT better. =/
J-Lead

Lord Dearche wrote: But now that it's decided to Go back BEFORE the damn TV series itself, and start retconing things no one cared about to begin with, even I'm at my limits. It's attempt at any sort of plot has literally gone nowhere in the last 12 months or so. At least release artwork or something
The thing about the flashbacks is supposedly, they're supposed to tie into the story at present (things like vingt, and the origin of the new FT Gundams, which is currently beig told.) The very fact that they've hidden the Gundams this long leads me to believe they've got plans for them.
balofo

Hum... looking back at this cover that supposedly shows the cloaked Warlock, I noticed some new details on the upper wings that aren't seen anywhere in any rendition of the DH EW(not even the MG)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81LQMSCSXWL.jpg

I guess we're getting near the final designs, since going by the Snow White using the Proto Zero frame we can get an idea of what the FT Gundams will look like. This cover depicts the Snow White as having Proto Zero's head design

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/815%2BZ7BaWLL.jpg
J-Lead

balofo wrote:Hum... looking back at this cover that supposedly shows the cloaked Warlock, I noticed some new details on the upper wings that aren't seen anywhere in any rendition of the DH EW(not even the MG)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81LQMSCSXWL.jpg

I guess we're getting near the final designs, since going by the Snow White using the Proto Zero frame we can get an idea of what the FT Gundams will look like. This cover depicts the Snow White as having Proto Zero's head design

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/815%2BZ7BaWLL.jpg
I honestly think they're just placeholders. Snow White at least is based on the Proto Zero frame, that much we know, but there's nothing indicating that there aren't a lot of serious modernizations made to it, Flugel Wings being the least of them (if it even uses those to begin with, like the cover image implies, if that's even reliable to begin with.) The Scythe in that image is the original deathscythe's scythe and now the warlock's seen here. Not to mention, Proto Zero's V-Fin doesn't match the one seen on Snow White the actual Novel/Picture Drama, so while it's based on Proto Zero, there's probably a number of noticable changes made to the suit itself.

Edit: Well, the second scythe seems to be closer in nature to the original Deathscythe's scythe, actually... So who knows...