Gundam Thunderbolt mecha question

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Calubin_175

Gundam Thunderbolt mecha question

I would like to know whether the GM has a beam saber as the model kit doesn't seem to have one. Another thing is whether the big gun is mainly for anti-ship combat or MS as well?
balofo

Re: Gundam Thunderbolt mecha question

The GM doesn't have a beam saber according to the 1st vol, lineart and kit. Maybe they explain it on the manual
The Big Gun I've never seen used against a ship yet in vol 1, but obviously it can work as an anti ship turret. Again let's wait for the manual in a few days
Enileph

Those beams from that big gun will definitely go through a ship.

In the comic therre is also another version where a DOM is manning the big gun.

Obviously the controls of these units are different, to beter interact with the pilots with special needs.
Calubin_175

I like the heavy propellant backpacks of the Zeon MS very much and the use of sub arms to overcome the limitations of just have two humanoid arms. The Federation MS have nice shoulders and the cannon type MS are nice, but I just think the idea of getting the sub arms to hold shields is pretty dumb. If that was the case, they should have redesigned the shields.

Overall, the redesigns are even more mature than those of Origin.

Does anyone know what those circular shapes on the top and bottom of the big gun are?
PowerdGNFlag

Thunderbolt making mobile suits closer to "realistic" can only go so far (at least for me). What particularly grates to me are the joints (covered by some sort of material; I'd understand that if it's set on the ground, but in space?) and the thrusters (we have too much of a problem of fitting in all the thrusters and propellant to the MS chassis and there they go and add a bunch).
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
ZeroXSEED

PowerdGNFlag wrote:Thunderbolt making mobile suits closer to "realistic" can only go so far (at least for me). What particularly grates to me are the joints (covered by some sort of material; I'd understand that if it's set on the ground, but in space?) and the thrusters (we have too much of a problem of fitting in all the thrusters and propellant to the MS chassis and there they go and add a bunch).
IIRC Thunderbolt mostly set in that one Zone filled with high speed debris after battle of Loum

The joints probably covered for that very reason
balofo

illegible manual of the Big Gun, seems pretty informative since it's separate from the Zaku II one

http://img-cdn.jg.jugem.jp/2dc/2373353/ ... 153820.jpg

Let's wait for legible versions
Enileph

Seems smaller than the one in the manga for some reason, or is it just me?
Calubin_175

Those 3 circular devices are large generators. By the way, what is the advantage of having an MS operated large scale gun? Won't a turret do the same? Some would say it is due to its portability but just how portable is it?

I am a big fan of snipers and this one seems to be the best while the Zaku I Sniper has the charm of being a more obsolete version.
Enileph

This thing has firepower way higher than the sniper MS.
Well, the MS already have sensors and other control systems, but the large scale gun is not that mobile, so it is more like a manned turret. Also the reason why the MS are not the newest models and the use of recycled pilots (so far all pilots of these units seen have some type of artificial arms/legs/etc).

It does sound underpower when you get a talented pilot on the EFSF side who maybe able to use bloodline power such as "The World"