New Zudah? (Blazing Shadow/Translation Question)

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Xenosynth

New Zudah? (Blazing Shadow/Translation Question)

So, Blazing Shadow got itself a new Zudah. I saw this posted on Gundam guy and snagged it (Since I am making MAHQ sized submissions for a Future Blazing Shadow section)

Normally I don't ask about japanese bios getting translated, but I am interested in seeing what is up with the Zudah. I can assume by the appearance that it's a ground type, and it apparently uses some parts of the Gyan, but what else is with it? Were there even any Zudahs left that they could reconfigure? Does it just drop the Saturn Engine altogether, or any mention of that?

Also random but man I am loving Blazing Shadow's mecha design. Anyone know which artist is doing it?
Last edited by Xenosynth on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
bilbros

Re: New Zudah? (Blazing Shadow/Translation Question)

The mecha designer for Blazing Shadow is Kyoshi Takigawa, already credited for working on Z Gundam Define manga.

EDIT: as for the requested translation, the text says, more or less:
Space use MS based on the Zudah.
It mounts an enhanced limiter to cope with the yet unresolved faults of the Saturn engine; furthermore it includes some parts from the YMS-15 Gyan.
Xenosynth

Wait, it's a space use machine!? Huh. I thought by the general appearance/paintjob that it had to be a ground type version. Ah well, thanks for the translation Bilbros!
yazi88

It also has propellant tanks, although I think a few ground MS also have that, but don't mostly space MS have that?
Deacon Blues

I'll chime in here:

A modified space use mobile suit based on the Zudah, it is a phantom machine Zimmad developed during the final stages of the One Year War. While a few machines were produced, though not officially adopted by the Principality forces, several Zeon units utilized them. The defect of the Saturn engine still remained, but the problem was solved by strengthening the limiter while various other improvements were made such as incorporating parts of the YMS-15 Gyan.
yazi88

So pretty much strengthening the Zudah's susceptible to Saturn engine frame by incorporating Gyan parts?