The Neo Zeon Fleet

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
BrentD15

Re: The Neo Zeon Fleet

Strike Zero wrote:It's been a while, but with the recent release of Unicorn episode 7, we also get a couple of new visual data points when it comes to the scaling of ships. Hooray!

First item of note is the Rewloola. For a brief moment, we get to see it with the Neo Zeong parked directly under its, well, underside.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g298/ ... 1cd2ac.jpg

The scaling here seems to correlate with Mark's chart and the assumption that the Rewloola is 500 meters long, otherwise I would imagine that the size of the Neo Zeong is being badly misrepresented.

The other item of note appears slightly earlier in the episode, here:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g298/ ... 81698e.jpg

This is a virtual representation of three Neo Zeon ships flying in front of the Nahel Argama, two Endras and one Musaka, just moments before it fires its Hyper Mega Particle cannon at them. After it fires, the visual changes to replicate the effects of the shot, which leads me to reasonably conclude that the ships are being accurately presented to scale here. This is extremely handy for us, since it shows that all the ships are traveling along the same y-axis plane, which means that we are able to eliminate any major issues of perspective affecting our estimations.

Taking all of this into account, this is very interesting -- compared to the Musaka, the Endra is HUGE, having obviously over twice the Musaka's volume and roughly twice the Musaka's length, which is very different from what the current UC comparison chart suggests (the UC version of the Musaka being estimated at 340 meters, while the Endra is only 310).

This brings to mind two possibilities: either we have somehow grossly underestimated the overall size of the Endra, OR the animation is portraying the Musaka according to its original length of 160 meters. Like I said, very interesting.
I just noticed that one of the Endra-class ships in your first image was the Mindra from ZZ. :shock:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Deacon Blues

Hey Mark, just curious but is the Rewloola considered to be a class of its own? Or is it just something like the Jotunheim... we don't know the class name?
toysdream

Probably a class of its own, but I don't think it's ever been confirmed. Some books claim it's a Gwazine-class, which seems a bit mad.

-- Mark
balofo

I'd just like to point out that by 0096 all the Musaka AA guns are now 3 barreled like the Rewoola's.
BrentD15

toysdream wrote:Probably a class of its own, but I don't think it's ever been confirmed. Some books claim it's a Gwazine-class, which seems a bit mad.

-- Mark
My brain hurts from reading that. :?

Also, what did you guys think of my Mindra revelation?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Gelgoog Jager

BrentD15 wrote:Also, what did you guys think of my Mindra revelation?
Good job spotting it, but sadly inconsistency strikes again as the ship has been replaced by a regular green Endra when we see the hi mega cannon hitting it.

I'm kind of disappointed that we get so so many Zeon MS, yet they have really bad performances (with a few exceptions), or rather are depicted as exploding upon the slightest damage, while most EF MS seem to get a lot of "plot armor" and survive several hits.

Also, the sheer amount of new toys the Nahel Argama has by this episode is simply ridiculous considering their tight situation.

And sadly, yet another opportunity to show the Endra's own large mega particle cannons (supposedly stored in the yellow hatches) slips by.
BrentD15

Gelgoog Jager wrote:And sadly, yet another opportunity to show the Endra's own large mega particle cannons (supposedly stored in the yellow hatches) slips by.
You mean the ones below the bridge tower?
Dang, I didn't know those were large mega-particle cannons.
Zgok

Gelgoog Jager wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:Also, what did you guys think of my Mindra revelation?
Good job spotting it, but sadly inconsistency strikes again as the ship has been replaced by a regular green Endra when we see the hi mega cannon hitting it.

I'm kind of disappointed that we get so so many Zeon MS, yet they have really bad performances (with a few exceptions), or rather are depicted as exploding upon the slightest damage, while most EF MS seem to get a lot of "plot armor" and survive several hits.

Also, the sheer amount of new toys the Nahel Argama has by this episode is simply ridiculous considering their tight situation.

And sadly, yet another opportunity to show the Endra's own large mega particle cannons (supposedly stored in the yellow hatches) slips by.

Ugh. That bothered me too, I think that basically all mass produced MS in Unicorn blow up on the slightest hit unless they are a specialized version of one like the Prototype Stark Jegan, Ecoas Jegan or the Schuzrum Galluss. I guess the in-canon excuse is that since they are special MP MS they may be covered in some anti-beam coating.