Source for some 00 technical info scans?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
GlauG

Source for some 00 technical info scans?

I came across some interesting scans while looking for something unrelated, on this Facebook group. They seem to be scans of a model kit manual or some kind of fanbook/mook, but it isn't any of the model kits I could find scans of on Dalong.net, nor is it any of the 00 Mechanics books nor G-Rooms.

This is the part that really interests me, it specifically mentions that GN particles can interfere with electronic equipment. A friend pointed out that we don't really ever see any specific evidence of this in the series (as opposed to them screwing with communications/radar/etc in particular) but it'd be nice to know where the claim came from all the same. Even better would be an alternate source for the same info.

Something slightly annoying is that the right hand part of this image Is basically translated verbatim on the Gundam Wiki page for GN Particles, but it isn't cited. Arrgh. At any rate, if anyone can identify them (my guess is either the 00 World Report or Perfect Guides?) I'd appreciate the help.
/( ‿‿ )\
GlauG

Re: Source for some 00 technical info scans?

Found a source! Gundam Perfect File issue 42, someone supplied full scans to the Gundam Wiki of the pages.
/( ‿‿ )\
MythSearcher

GlauG wrote:I came across some interesting scans while looking for something unrelated, on this Facebook group. They seem to be scans of a model kit manual or some kind of fanbook/mook, but it isn't any of the model kits I could find scans of on Dalong.net, nor is it any of the 00 Mechanics books nor G-Rooms.

This is the part that really interests me, it specifically mentions that GN particles can interfere with electronic equipment. A friend pointed out that we don't really ever see any specific evidence of this in the series (as opposed to them screwing with communications/radar/etc in particular) but it'd be nice to know where the claim came from all the same. Even better would be an alternate source for the same info.

Something slightly annoying is that the right hand part of this image Is basically translated verbatim on the Gundam Wiki page for GN Particles, but it isn't cited. Arrgh. At any rate, if anyone can identify them (my guess is either the 00 World Report or Perfect Guides?) I'd appreciate the help.
Erm... We see this in the show, they specifically said the GN drive machines have the ECM capabilities in season 1, thus the HRL in one of their operations spread a lot of drones and use this effect to their advantage to find out where the GN drive machines are(the areas where the drones are not sending back signals are where people spreading GN particles.) It is actually commented by Graham and Billy saying only the HRL can do this because of political reasons.
In season 2, A-Laws set up tons of pillars emitting GN particles to interfere with the communication of the middle east so that their operations will not be known outside, which is also specified in show.
Actually early in s1, they at least hinted pretty heavily about the ECM function of the GN particles, thus people always relate them to Minovsky particles, which is also used the same way in FG.

This information as I recall was also included in the earlier setting books as well.
GlauG

It's a subtle distinction, but interfering with electrical equipment in general which doesn't involve wireless communication =/= interfering with RADAR or other EMW transmissions etc, which is the one thing that this specific source states that interested me. We see the latter in literally the first episode, it was never really in dispute. :)

The HRL's plan similarly relied on the interruption of two-way communcication between small probes, rather than, say, scrambling of onboard computers, which is something that Minovsky particles are explicitly capable of doing (hence why independent 'smart' missiles aren't a thing in UC, and at the extreme end, the V2 can shut down MS by flying too near to them, IIRC possibly by screwing with their reactors). Given all the other the similarities between M-particles and GN, it's something that isn't surprising to hear, but hadn't been explicitly stated in any sources as far as I had read, hence why I was so interested in this once I found it. The subject has come up between myself and a friend before so it's nice to have a source to back up my side of a discussion!
/( ‿‿ )\
SonicSP

^Its true, actually damaging or disrupting electronics was not mentioned in any of the known translated sources before this one (though I think one of the Braves' Chakram attacks did something related to electronic attacks).

The trait is a bit weird because there doesn't seem to be much disruptions to electronics seen in the series as far as depiction goes. Most of it worked fine even when they stand directly infront of a Gundam even before the fine time where the blocs knew what they were and what they did.

I was under the impression that in UC they had to take active measures to protect the electronics after M particles came up, but it seems in AD whatever measures they have even before the introductions of the Gundams was apparently enough to counter the electronics disruption of the GN Particles. Patrick's Enact in the first episode as an example I guess, it's electronics seems to be working fine for the most part. I don't recall any examples where normal non- military electronics stuff was malfunctioning either even though those scenes are likely rare (the exceptions being stuff like communication devices where the standard "short-out" scene likely refers to a loss of signal more than anything; something that has been clear cut for awhile)