GM Camouf: What's it's Archetype?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
BrentD15

GM Camouf: What's it's Archetype?

I have least a question regarding the GM Camouf.
What MS does it use as a base (or bases)? :?

I've heard about it using parts from both the Zudah and the Zaku II, but from what I heard, the JP wiki doesn't include anything about the Zudah (not that the JP wiki is a totally reliable source :P ).
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
BrentD15

Re: GM Camouf: What's it's Archetype?

So....nobody knows? :?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
JEFFPIATT

The only zeon frame slender enough to pass for an gm is the Zudah frame. but we don't have advanced tech specs and history on the camof
BrentD15

JEFFPIATT wrote:The only zeon frame slender enough to pass for an gm is the Zudah frame. but we don't have advanced tech specs and history on the camof
Hmmm...
Well, that makes some sense.
Deacon Blues

JEFFPIATT wrote:The only zeon frame slender enough to pass for an gm is the Zudah frame. but we don't have advanced tech specs and history on the camof
Yes we do. There's a whole technical background on the suit in the MS IGLOO data book as well as the manga's mechanical dossier.
BrentD15

Deacon Blues wrote:
Yes we do. There's a whole technical background on the suit in the MS IGLOO data book as well as the manga's mechanical dossier.
Alright.
So what does that data book and the mechanical dossier say about what the GM Camouf uses as it's archetypes?
bilbros

If I recall correctly, this same subject was discussed in an old thread way back in 2006...and the conclusion was that it's unknown what MS it was based on, although it clearly borrows some elements from the Zudah and/or Rick dom plus the Zaku II (e.g. the backpack)...
BrentD15

bilbros wrote:If I recall correctly, this same subject was discussed in an old thread way back in 2006...and the conclusion was that it's unknown what MS it was based on, although it clearly borrows some elements from the Zudah and/or Rick dom plus the Zaku II (e.g. the backpack)...
I can understand the Zaku II and Zudah (despite the JP Wiki page not noting either of them), the Dom/Rick Dom confuses me.

What does it borrow from the Dom series? :?
MythSearcher

BrentD15 wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:
Alright.
So what does that data book and the mechanical dossier say about what the GM Camouf uses as it's archetypes?
The Encyclopaedia of Gundam Ver. 1.5 states that it seems to be based on a Zaku II.
The Igloo data book states its a Zaku base(not specific)
Deacon Blues

MythSearcher wrote:The Encyclopaedia of Gundam Ver. 1.5 states that it seems to be based on a Zaku II.
Which IGLOO book? The MS IGLOO Complete Setting Materials Collection merely states: "Although it is said that the Zaku line (lineage) was used from the power pipes fixed on its back to the values of the generator output, these opinions are only speculative."
MythSearcher

Deacon Blues wrote:
MythSearcher wrote:The Encyclopaedia of Gundam Ver. 1.5 states that it seems to be based on a Zaku II.
Which IGLOO book? The MS IGLOO Complete Setting Materials Collection merely states: "Although it is said that the Zaku line (lineage) was used from the power pipes fixed on its back to the values of the generator output, these opinions are only speculative."
Well, yes, didn't make myself clear enough.
both sources said it is speculative that it is using a Zaku base model.
Enileph

In the comic it appears in it is said that the frames are old modified Zaku I and Zaku II.

Frame is not capable of energy weapons, but you get things like explosive whips (kampfr) and what not.

All units are destroyed... a "friendly" Zeon unit blast them up thinking that they are actually GM.
BrentD15

I still think it was an error on the comic writer's part to not include the Zudah, due to the legs. :|
Deacon Blues

Enileph wrote:In the comic it appears in it is said that the frames are old modified Zaku I and Zaku II.

Frame is not capable of energy weapons, but you get things like explosive whips (kampfr) and what not.

All units are destroyed... a "friendly" Zeon unit blast them up thinking that they are actually GM.
The scene where the damaged Zaku I's and what not are returning were likely the only units refit as such. Can't say if this was the case for any subsequent units appearing (if any). The units assigned to be oversaw by the Jotunheim were destroyed, but a couple others cropped up years later (though which manga escapes me).
Bishop

The Zudah is thin enough to easily be turned into a GM Camouf because it really doesn't have any armor. I'm fairly certain a Zaku variant with as much armor stripped away would look similar!

Given the desperate nature of the GM Camouf, which parallels the Panther tanks used in WW2 that were dressed up as M10 Tank Destroyers, I tend to think they were probably made with whatever parts were on hand, Federation and Principality.
The eternal underdog.