GM models in the Blue Destiny manga.

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
RGM-79G GM Command

GM models in the Blue Destiny manga.

Okay, so I was reading the Blue Destiny manga again and when I saw the GM model than Yu's team was testing in the beginning, I simply thought it was their version of the basic GM, much like the one in IGLOO. Later on in the manga though, when Zeon attacks the base regular GM teams are deployed, and that model is clearly the basic GM design, and it's obviously different from the model Yu had earlier. The unit Yu had been using had the same shoulders like those on the GM Kai, some different hip armor, and I'd assume some internal changes.

I'm sure it's simply a minor update leading from the GM to the later GM models like the Kai, as visually it has some of their features, but what I'm trying to figure out is if it's only in this manga or if the design is actually in anything else. The only designs I could find that looked close enough to it were the Kai, GM Late Type, and GM Commander Type.

Basic GM

GM used by Yu's team.

Pic 2

Pic 3
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
AmuroNT1

Re: GM models in the Blue Destiny manga.

Honestly, it's probably just an original model the artist made by combining aspects of the original GM and the GM Kai, or maybe the GM II. The Blue Destiny manga unfortunately does that; for example, Amy Bauer-Meister's fighter plane is apparently a conglomeration of parts from various EFF fighters and doesn't seem to have any official name, specs, etc.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Gelgoog Jager

Re: GM models in the Blue Destiny manga.

IIRC, at least in the manga we are told that Yuu's team are used as guinea pigs, meaning that they are using experimental machines.

Later on Yuu's team is given some RGM-79D GM units that are never referred as such. We do are told that they have 4 thrusters and that are suppsoed to be anti-Dom units due to their higher mobility.

I suppose we could assume that first batch of GM used by Yuu's team could simply be RGM-79 units modified with some RGM-79D parts for data gathering purposes. After the first battle, the data is used to finish tuning the actual RGM-79D units that the team is supposed to test.