The Official Gundam Build Fighters Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Zeonista

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Mecha Thread Mk I

The scene involving Aila & China admiring the completed Miss Sazabi showed a HGOO Kyrios box alongside the HGUC Sazabi box. Does anyone think that MS contributed parts to the Miss Sazabi build?
Last edited by Zeonista on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Xenosynth

Well, as far as the plates on the real life model... no. None of the pieces are from the HG00 Kyrios, not to mention, the Kyrios isn't even mentioned in the manual ((It actually talks about the Sazabi, Justice, and Nobel, and classifies the machine as Close-Combat/High Maneuver))
AmuroNT1

It only talks about I-Justice and Nobel because they're also examples of high mobility melee machines; AFAIK, Miss Sazabi is just Sazabi with modified/scratchbuilt parts.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
DoubleZero

HG Dark Matter was just released.

The Manual.

-Zeong, Providence, and Reborns? What's that about?
-81 tons? DM is heavier than 00-Raiser and Reborns.
-Also, the Dark Matter Booster.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
E08

DoubleZero wrote: -Zeong, Providence, and Reborns? What's that about?

It seems to be pointing out Exia Dark Matter's role in the story as the strongest enemy unit (which is stated in the title above the pic) that the protagonist have to face.

Even though the legs look more like Exia R2's, the manual repeats the official site profile's info that the unit is modified from Gundam Exia. Similarly, both the large blades are modified from Exia's GN sword even though one of them looks like GN Sword Kai.
Zeonista

DoubleZero wrote:HG Dark Matter was just released.

The Manual.
Thanks for all the pretty pictures, the HG kit looks awesome; that's what a final boss should look like. 8)
-81 tons? DM is heavier than 00-Raiser and Reborns.
I bet a lot of that is tied up in blades and booster. That booster is a very mighty build addition!
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Vixy

why is it using green particles? why not red? red would made a lot more sense for this suit.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I suppose they want to imply its using the more powerful true GN drive?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
GNRoyalFlash24

Just visited GundamGuy's blog and saw new images regarding the Crossbone Kai. Aside from the satellite cannon being hidden by the skull, this variant lacks the brand markers from the original that serves as beam markers and beam shields.

Which makes me wonder, how will the Crossbone Kai protect itself from ranged attacks besides being fast?
Raikoh

The Skull Weapon Set seems to has a solid shield with it.

Or perhaps Mao would use his Plavsky manipulation trick to get a barrier of sorts.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Heaven Piercing Man

E08 wrote:

It seems to be pointing out Exia Dark Matter's role in the story as the strongest enemy unit (which is stated in the title above the pic) that the protagonist have to face.

Even though the legs look more like Exia R2's, the manual repeats the official site profile's info that the unit is modified from Gundam Exia. Similarly, both the large blades are modified from Exia's GN sword even though one of them looks like GN Sword Kai.
That's because of legal issues. BF cannot use designs from things considered "too new" meaning 00 S2 and AGE. Exia Dark Matter is obviously based on R2 (whose Gunpla also came with both blades) but they can't acknowledge it, however since the whole MS family ultimately derives from 00 S1's original Exia design, they can loophole their way around it. So they're going "wink wink nudge nudge" about it.
BrentD15

Heaven Piercing Man wrote:
E08 wrote:

That's because of legal issues. BF cannot use designs from things considered "too new" meaning 00 S2 and AGE. Exia Dark Matter is obviously based on R2 (whose Gunpla also came with both blades) but they can't acknowledge it, however since the whole MS family ultimately derives from 00 S1's original Exia design, they can loophole their way around it. So they're going "wink wink nudge nudge" about it.
How clever of Banrise. :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Raikoh

balofo wrote:Was that Aqua Mode?
If you mean the move used in the Dark Matter battle where
Spoiler
SBS tosses those chainlike particle sets out?
I thought it was a lower-powered version of some other mode (Speed, most likely - but Shooting also could've worked the way it was used) but I suppose that it's the closest thing we'll get to seeing Aqua Mode.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
GNRoyalFlash24

Raikoh wrote:
balofo wrote:Was that Aqua Mode?
If you mean the move used in the Dark Matter battle where
Spoiler
SBS tosses those chainlike particle sets out?
I thought it was a lower-powered version of some other mode (Speed, most likely - but Shooting also could've worked the way it was used) but I suppose that it's the closest thing we'll get to seeing Aqua Mode.
Same question in my mind too, given that the parts at the legs of Star Build are from the Universe Booster. From what was implied by the scenes, Aqua could be a mode that enhances weapons and attacks that do not benefit from the discharge system like the Build Knuckle.

Second pondering
Spoiler
Exia Dark Matter was nothing more than a thick layer of paint over Amazing Exia?
PowerdGNFlag

GNRoyalFlash24 wrote: Second pondering
Spoiler
Exia Dark Matter was nothing more than a thick layer of paint over Amazing Exia?
Spoiler
The elemental swords (and I think the swords attached to the pack) are original to Dark Matter.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Gone Astray

Heaven Piercing Man wrote:
E08 wrote:

Where's this coming from? I remember a lot of talk about how 00 wasn't going to be used, period, in the show, and we can clearly see that isn't the case. I get that AGE wouldn't be a likely appearance thanks to Level 5 co-owning it and the poor reception it got, but this thing about designs being "too new" to make use of doesn't make a whole lot of sense, especially when we've had cameos from Unicorn.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
DoubleZero

-Dark Matter's Beam rifle seems to have a very high output, maxing out Discharge in 3 shots. In episode 14, SBS absorbed 7-8 beams, and Discharge only reached 40 percent.

-If Discharge Rifle mode is at max output, SBS could fire it near-instantly. Star Beam cannons can also be used in this mode to augment its power.

-Dark Matter has the ability to cut beams, as well, including Discharge Rifle mode, but that doesn't seem to include beamsabers.

-Brinicle Blade is cold enough to instantly freeze beamsabers.(How cold could it be to do that?)
Prominence Blade, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be as special as the Brinicle Blade.

-Dark Matter seems to be pretty strong, being able to crater the wall.

-The Dark Matter Booster is capable of fighting independently.
It has a powerful Beam Cannon that's capable of destroying a massive asteroid.
It has the ability to create 3 giant GN-Wings. Its capabilities is unknown. Maybe, it's a weapon for close-combat, like V2's WoL?

-SBS's Plavsky emitters on its legs could create some kind of Plavsky bits/funnels. I don't know if it's Aqua mode.
It seems to have the ability to create some kind of... "Stasis field"? Whatever it is, it stopped the Dark Matter Booster, dead in its tracks.
It also created small Plavsky gates that propelled the Brinicle Blade at high speeds.

-The Dark Matter still has the GN-Vulcans, on its wrists, which could emit beamsabers.
Those beamsabers could (almost) match a souped-up Plavsky gate Double Build Knuckle.
It's definitely stronger than the Maoh Sword, and an average OP Build Knuckle.
Maybe, it's the Dark Matter's version of "Raiser Sword"? If it is, then it isn't as impractically long, and it could be used at melee.

-The SBS could attach Plavsky Power Gates on the already-OP Build Knuckle, to make it even more overpowered.

-The Dark Matter is capable of using Trans-Am Burst, with just a single GN-Drive, to increase the power of its Raiser Swords.
The only thing missing now, is quantization.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
latenlazy

DoubleZero wrote: The only thing missing now, is quantization.
Not sure if that's possible in gunpla battle. You'd have to get your physical Gunpla to quantize...
Xenosynth

Gone Astray wrote:
It's apparently some contractual agreement with the TV Station? Basically Season 1's contract for merchandising expired, while S2's contract is still in effect, so that means that S2's earnings if shown even in cameos. It does seem to fit though. S2 has had 0 cameos at all. Even in the mobile suit boxes in the background and stuff. They've shown everything except Age, S2, and the 00 Movie (Barring the Celestial Being Movie guy)

At least that's what people have been saying, I have no real clue.