The Official Gundam Build Fighters Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Vixy

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Mecha Thread Mk I

DoubleZero wrote:-The Dark Matter is capable of using Trans-Am Burst, with just a single GN-Drive, to increase the power of its Raiser Swords.
I thought that was "GN Drive Bust Mode" that the r2 used at the end of OO season 2? Since the dark matter boosted straight forward like the r2 did.
DoubleZero

Vixy wrote:I thought that was "GN Drive Bust Mode" that the r2 used at the end of OO season 2? Since the dark matter boosted straight forward like the r2 did.
The prism rainbow color of the GN-particles during the clash, is unmistakeably the Trans-Am Burst effect.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
Vixy

DoubleZero wrote:
Vixy wrote:I thought that was "GN Drive Bust Mode" that the r2 used at the end of OO season 2? Since the dark matter boosted straight forward like the r2 did.
The prism rainbow color of the GN-particles during the clash, is unmistakeably the Trans-Am Burst effect.
Ah TY I did not notice the rainbow color effect.
AmuroNT1

As near as I can figure (you'd have to get someone more knowledgeable on the subject for confirmation), the issue with 00S2 and AGE seems to spring from Tokyo Broadcasting System. They were the network that ran Gundam for years, but AGE's absolutely tanking in the ratings resulted in TBS ending their contract. Apparently this means that no shows which aired on TBS in the last five years, including 00 Season 2 and AGE, can be mentioned in Build Fighters for legal reasons. This seems to extend to Trail Blazer as well, since as noted the only reference we've gotten is Black Tieria. Some people think Unicorn is included under this "embargo", since the only reference we've seen to it is Rainer's Loto.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Gone Astray

AmuroNT1 wrote:As near as I can figure (you'd have to get someone more knowledgeable on the subject for confirmation), the issue with 00S2 and AGE seems to spring from Tokyo Broadcasting System. They were the network that ran Gundam for years, but AGE's absolutely tanking in the ratings resulted in TBS ending their contract. Apparently this means that no shows which aired on TBS in the last five years, including 00 Season 2 and AGE, can be mentioned in Build Fighters for legal reasons. This seems to extend to Trail Blazer as well, since as noted the only reference we've gotten is Black Tieria. Some people think Unicorn is included under this "embargo", since the only reference we've seen to it is Rainer's Loto.
That makes sense since the lack of 00 S2 is rather conspicuous, and any fool can see the Dark Matter and Amazing were both based off the R2, but they're going on a song-and-dance about it being based off just the Exia. I don't really see why Trail Blazer gets shuttled under the agreement, such as it apparently is, but Unicorn has a few cameos (hello, Mao's Kshatriya!), and I figure the big reason is they don't want to feature it too heavily so as to avoid competition with the actual Unicorn stuff. Kind of a shame, I'd liked to have seen a Jegan or Jesta custom.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
DoubleZero

And Exia Dark Matter is pretty much 00-Raiser, but with more gimmicks(minus quantization).
And with the Dark Matter Booster, being 0 Raiser.
E08

Just to point out a few stuff and give my opinions...
DoubleZero wrote:-If Discharge Rifle mode is at max output, SBS could fire it near-instantly. Star Beam cannons can also be used in this mode to augment its power.
Besides the Star Beam Cannons, the lower barrel of the Star Beam Rifle is used as well. Normally, only the top barrel is used. I wonder if the shorten charging time is an improvement made to the system or is it just design like that.
DoubleZero wrote:-The Dark Matter Booster is capable of fighting independently. It has a powerful Beam Cannon that's capable of destroying a massive asteroid. It has the ability to create 3 giant GN-Wings. Its capabilities is unknown. Maybe, it's a weapon for close-combat, like V2's WoL?
I think the "GN wings" are just thrust/propulsion effects. As they disappear, the booster seems to slow down.
DoubleZero wrote:-SBS's Plavsky emitters on its legs could create some kind of Plavsky bits/funnels. I don't know if it's Aqua mode.
I dont believe that that is Aqua mode. So far the names of the discharge modes has been rather accurate description of what they do. But then again, there is the full name of the RG system...
DoubleZero wrote:-It also created small Plavsky gates that propelled the Brinicle Blade at high speeds.
The scene actually reminds me of speed discharge mode, but on a smaller scale.

Here's some information from the side story.

Build fighers Honoo: A 1/48 Command Gundam appears. It has anti-beam capability due to a thick layer of transparent film, which cannot be done at smaller scale as the extra weight would make the model less mobile. It fought with a trio of Gunpla, consisting of Zeta Gundam Honoo, Legend Gundam and a Ball. This Ball has additional hardpoints and mounts Launcher Strike's 'Agni' cannon.

Build Fighters Document: Nya Nyaia Gundam is a "psychological" battle tool against the soft hearted. Its main battle tactic is to transform into the cat-like MA mode, and then act like a cute cat. Preventing the soft hearted opponent from launching any attack and thus ending the battle in a draw.
DoubleZero

Could Absolute Zero Temperatures, freeze superheated plasma? Or is it a fiction thing?
Kuruni

DoubleZero wrote:Could Absolute Zero Temperatures, freeze superheated plasma? Or is it a fiction thing?
Different work, but in Damonbane, absolute zero (Hyperborian Zero Drive) can nullifies miniature big bang/super nova (Lemuria Impact). So if it's fiction, at least it is widely accepted enough, in Japan anyway :mrgreen: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Raikoh

DoubleZero wrote:Could Absolute Zero Temperatures, freeze superheated plasma? Or is it a fiction thing?
I seriously doubt that something scientists have been actively trying to get for years, and some don't even think is physically possible, could just casually be added onto a Gunpla for battling. I figure it's just that the Brinicle Blade can get really cold (probably not TOO cold, otherwise they'd damage the Exia!) and has a system built into it that was designed to have the freezing effect on particles. Perhaps it pops a small hole in the I-Field of the beam saber and sucks the heat out at a super high rate?
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
AmuroNT1

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... 45d264.png

Yo dawg, I herd you liked backpacks, so I put a backpack on your backpack so you can boost while you boost.

...And now I'm just left wondering if it's compatible with the IWSP.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

PowerdGNFlag

AmuroNT1 wrote:http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... 45d264.png

Yo dawg, I herd you liked backpacks, so I put a backpack on your backpack so you can boost while you boost.

If it worked on one Striker pack, then it should work for everything else (No idea on why they used the gray Aile pack from the 105 Slaughter Dagger as an example though.)

IIRC the Build Booster and the Universe Booster also have this feature.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
DoubleZero

Could we look at the Gouf R35 from a technical standpoint? Or do we put it in the super robot category?

It made a massive tornado by spinning around, and it then wiped out hundreds/thousands of enemies with vulcans(presumably very powerful vulcans). It could easily be compared to a natural disaster, with the tornado-thing.
Compass

Would it be possible in a real mobile suit? Probably not. The pilot inside would probably get super-dizzy from that :lol:

But it's a model controlled by a console. So if he were spun fast enough in his remote-controlled Gouf, why wouldn't it be allowed to do that?
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Raikoh

Compass wrote:Would it be possible in a real mobile suit? Probably not. The pilot inside would probably get super-dizzy from that :lol:
Domon and Master Asia did that and they didn't get dizzy.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Compass

Raikoh wrote:
Compass wrote:Would it be possible in a real mobile suit? Probably not. The pilot inside would probably get super-dizzy from that :lol:
Domon and Master Asia did that and they didn't get dizzy.
They're special :roll:
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Zeonista

AmuroNT1 wrote:http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... 45d264.png

Is there an actual MS under all that pimped-out backpack? :D
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
AmuroNT1

It's just the Dark Matter Booster with the Slaughter Dagger's Aile Striker on it. However, this requires you to flip the normal connector 180 degrees, so you can't actually have, say, an Aile Dark Matter Exia.

Gone Astray

Oh, no, Aile/Sword/Launcher/Shiranui/Build/Star/Oowashi Dark Matter Whatever is still possible, assuming one uses the two pegs that do connect it to the Dark Matter Exia. The little flip-up bit there is an optional connector that's mostly there for that purpose, since flipping it forward stows it away.

Also I was hoping we'd see more of Miss Sazabi, instead of... what we got.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
DoubleZero

The HG Crossbone Maoh was just released.

-Looking at its weapon and armaments, it seems to have a Buster gun and a Beam Zanber.

-The Maoh version's weight is over 25.4 tons. A bit heavier than the original X-1's 24.8 tons.
Either the Gun & Sword, or the Satellite cannon(or both) increased its weight.

-Its conventional thrusters were removed, in favor of those reflect thrusters from Gundam X.

-The Maoh still has those heat dagger, but were unused.

-I wonder if it can still use "Maoh Sword".

-Oh, and it doesn't have Beam Shields.