Advantages/Disadvantages in blade type

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Zangetsu

Advantages/Disadvantages in blade type

What would be the advantages and disadvantages for say the following two saber blade types, of course assuming that they are beam saber blades as opposed to solid.

Pic
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
AmuroNT1

Re: Advantages/Disadvantages in blade type

There's no difference. As Mark Simmons noted years ago, all the miscellaneous beam melee weapons we've seen over the Gundam franchise - sabers, axes, scythes, maces, etc - are equally effective. There are only a few factors that do matter, such as output (seen with things like Epyon's connected beam sword) or weight (seen with Cosmic Era's many anti-vessel swords).

So assuming the two sabers in your pic are equivalent in all other ways, there is absolutely no performance difference between the two.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
SonicSP

I'm guessing............the left one.
nacho-wan

Beam weapons are all about style. Just ask the Crossbone guys: beam cutlass, x marker...
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Omni

nacho-wan wrote:Beam weapons are all about style. Just ask the Crossbone guys: beam cutlass, x marker...
Except the Crossbone weapons weren't exactly used solely for style. The Beam Zanber was capable (somehow, don't believe how it does it has ever been confirmed) of cutting through beam sabers, and the brand markers were beam shields that were also capable melee weapons and could even be used to throw at an enemy suit.
yazi88

Nu Gundam's large beam saber overpowered the Sazabi's beam saber/tomahawk. The Double ZZ's hyper beam saber was also quite stronger and larger than the average beam saber.

Usually there is no difference between performance as beam saber's are pretty much standard aside from output but aside from very few instances like above, nothing really changes.
Last edited by yazi88 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmuroNT1

Omni: Ages ago I heard that the beam zanber was basically just a giant unrestrained plasma flame that overwhelmed enemy beam sabers by "contributing" more energy than they could contain, but I've never heard anything to corroborate it. In fact, Kincaid's stunt of blocking a VSBR shot with layered beam shields and the zanber doesn't make sense UNLESS it has an I-field, so that theory was probably speculation at best. If anything, it's simply a high-output beam blade designed specifically to outmatch standard beam sabers, since melee is the Crossbones' forte and they need to be better at it than any common-run MS.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Enileph

The beam zanber is not just a beam saber. It is a beam saber enhanced by tthe M-Drive and I-Field generator from the MS itself. It also has an extremely high output, generates lots of heat, and is quite unstable.
Kuruni

No insult, but I'm pretty sure you're fooled by BS. Because Crossbone Gundam doesn't has Minovsky Drive, and neither X1 or X2 has I-Field Generator.
My girlfriend was a loli.