CGUE with Dragoons

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
domino

CGUE with Dragoons

The SEED manga has given Rau's CGUE some extra heavy firepower in the form of prototype DRAGOONS??

They look visually similar to the beam cannons from the CGUE Deep Arms but are operated via wire-guided technology (similar to Mu's Moebius remote weapons)

I was wondering if there was any official information on this new equipment for the CGUE

EDIT: Here's an image of what I'm referring to: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/File:ZGMF- ... _parts.jpg

EDIT #2: I should also note that it carries a shield with a beam saber which is very similar to the one used by the GuAIZ later in the war
Gelgoog Jager

Re: CGUE with Dragoons

At which point of the story does that unit appear?
AmuroNT1

They also gave it a Zeon-style commander antenna.

Of course, giving it a beam saber that early doesn't make a lot of sense compared with SEED's continuity - we're told that the BuCUE was originally fitted with "saber fangs" and the beam sabers were a later mod after they reverse-engineered the tech from the captured GAT series. Then again, I assume this is from the Remaster manga, so they might have just decided to change the details.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Dark Duel

Note: IIRC, the first few BuCUEs we see in the series actually have nothing at all mounted to the head; it's never seen in the series, but Andrew's custom BuCUE did have physical "fangs".
As to the CGUE, my question is how early that appears?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
domino

Rau appears in this CGUE shortly after Kira saves Lacus from her space capsule after the destruction of Heliopolis.

So this is actually VERY early in the manga/series. Yes this is from Re-mastered
Dark Duel

*raised eyebrow*
Yeah, that IS really early. Still, it's kind of an interesting design, and its use of primitive remote weapons does kind of create a continuity with Rau's later use of the Providence.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
yazi88

This CGUE has the same head/antenna as the CGUE DEEP ARMS from SEED-MSV. It is also carrying the same shield beam saber as the Dreadnought Gundam which makes sense considering that was also a very experimental unit.

I guess this DRAGOON CGUE might be retconned as the predecessor to the Dreadnought Gundam considering it uses DRAGOONs and the beam saber shield.
Evex

It's most likely looks that way. The Cque deep arms from the red frame short is said to be a test bed suit used to develop ms sized beam weapons based on the stolen data from the stolen GAT-X suits. The Cque deep arms beam cannons according to the animation are super high energy anti-aircraft guns which zaft used a hybrid system, unfortunately eights description is cut short. The cannons also leak a lot of heat.

Its most likely while Rau was at the Plant's given his briefing to the supreme council the techs came up with this equipment for his cque based on the data from the stolen GAT-X series he brought back. Its most likely early prototype beam weapons in Zaft's attempt to reverse engineer the beam tech from the GAT-X series. It wouldn't be surprising if the techs took this data and used it to develop the dreadnaught gundams dragoon system, and the Guiaz's shield.