Valvrave: mecha discution and speculation

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Ferrus_Manus

Re: Valvrave: mecha discution and speculation

Omega wrote:Wow... :shock: I actually wonder if Haruto will be able to kick it's ass... But it would make the need for four Impact Boosters apparent.
Or Hito turns into Golden Hito.
Iron in Mind. Iron in Body
balofo

VVV 2 highlights from the PV:

-Already damaged small round shield thing, shown in space and module scenes. Malfunction or Cain is getting rusty?
-You can actually see the hidden faces of the limbs drones!
-It can still manipulate green Hardlight as it wishes
-Sickles are pure Clear Fossil and are thrown by limbs arms

http://i.imgur.com/sIMkMrU.jpg
balofo

For the record, unused onscreen weapons/gimmicks(weapons shared are not counted, as aren't undocumented weapons/functions/etc):

A)VVV I:
-Strike Brace used as a punching/slashing weapon(Clear Fossil parts)
-Volc Arm S2 output mode if it was supposed to be different from the S1(solid stakes) and S3(beam)
-Bladed Baiken as solo large scythe, the gimmick involved those holes on blade(Blood Drain Hole) and a simultaneous Hard Afterglow explosion during impact, triggering an exhaust gimmick on the bottom of the handle
-Meteor Plate as both an automatic boomerang and as a folded spear
-Actually using the spare Cooling Barrels stored on the Strike Brace

B)VVV III
-Dai Arm Delta as a defensive weapon, achieved by rotating while held on the Armstronger Canon's smaller arms
-Chain Saucer special disk shaped projectile

C)VVV IV
-Spinder Knuckle as a melee weapon, after throwing the yoyo the base knuckle could be used for punching

D)VVV V
-Bolt Phalanx special timed explosive projectile

E)VVV VI
-Humming Bird as a pure melee weapon, no hacking touch

F)Waffe
-Unseen weapon options: Rocket Launcher, Drill Arm. The manipulator hand was seen but not used.
-The Manned one has 2 additional hardpoints on the back, never used

G)Ideal
-Tricky one since I haven't seen lineart to go with the weapon names or their effects/properties.
-Seen but not used: Large Missile Container(H-Neun was going to fire this one when L-Elf detroyed the container with a Splicer), Claw with Pile Bunker(grunt Ideal that tried to get VVV V's back on its debut, destroyed by Thunder), Long Range Cannon(only seen on X-Eins' unit, seems to use solid ammo)
-It can also use a Shield, but I don't if it's supposed to be the Waffe units or its own shield.

H)Splicers
-I believe only the G Type's Missiles and Guided Bombs(location unknown) weren't fired.

I)Ships
-Surely some smaller weapons/gimmicks weren't shown, no confirmation though

That's it folks, only VVV 1 got shafted hard. If they had better planned the series we could've seen all these cool gimmicks since the mech design was awesome.

Regarding the Dainsrave:
-5 engines total: 1 Rave+4 Mirror Rave(1 in each limb). Also uses Magius tech
-Ep 24 shows the names of the 2 clear scythes and another long thin weapon(I believe it's the long green Solid Afterglow formed from the spider legs) though they're illegible
-The Mahne Seltsam is its Special Equipment, but it was added as an afterthought as result of an Ideal being consumed by Solid Afterglow during testing. It amplifies Rave Energy but is also a mirror of the VVV I's Vurutoga serving as slashing, defense and shooting weapon.

That's it for mech info, hoping for a mook to clarify a few things

*Takashi Myamoto did the Dorsia battleships, Valvrave and Waffe cockpits
Last edited by balofo on Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ferrus_Manus

balofo wrote:
and WTF???!?

http://imgur.com/g22BntL
Wurm Oben? Like Worm Up? Another rape of the german language by the japanese. And Valvrave is especially guilty of this.
Iron in Mind. Iron in Body
Sabersonic

After watching the final episode, I can't help but ask what is the purpose for those Dainsrave robot limbs beyond the whole "This ain't no Valvrave, boy! No Valvrave!" visual effect. I don't recall it using them like bits/funnels and they were barely used as additional limbs as far as I can tell.
Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad

"If I had seen farther than others, it has been by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Issac Newton