Gundam Battle Operation Mechanical Designs

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gelgoog Jager

Gundam Battle Operation Mechanical Designs

I wanted to share some interesting redesigns that some units underwent in this PS3 game. To begin with, here's their version of the Gouf:

Gouf:
-Its 75mm 5-barrel finger machinegun has been modfied into a 4-barrel model, with the thumb now serving as the scope of the weapon.
-Its Heat Sword is carried on it's left hip, rather than beneath its shield.
-Its Heat Sword is looks like the weapon of the Gouf Custom when deactivated, but heats up when in use.
-Its Heat Rod is a very unique weapon within the game, as it causes the enemies legs to fail, but unlike any other knockdown which causes the enemy to become invincible after a few seconds and until a bit after standing up again, the enemy can still be attacked in such state and while standing up.

Personally I liked the idea of the scope on the thumb, as that finger in particualr seemed like a poor choice for having an internal barrel: If the scope is limited to the tip of the thumb, that finger should be able move more freely, which would enable the Gouf to hold things with that hand to some extent even if the rest of the fingers cannot bend at all.
Xenosynth

Re: Gundam Battle Operation Mechanical Designs

Huh. I've been playing the game on and off (Though just running out my matches since the game itself is so pay to win at my stage in the game that it's not that fun. Not that it really was before either, I just like unlocking MS and painting them =P ) and I still cannot believe I never noticed the Gouf thumb being a scope for the main vulcans.

Still though, rather nice addition, and it does make sense. Do you know if the site has anything new on that specific type of Ground Combat Gelgoog? I've not really seen too much of it outside of Senjou no Kizuna.
AmuroNT1

I'm honestly kind of confused by the Ground Gelgoog. That model has popped up in a few different games, with the recent G Generations (Spirits through Overworld) labeling it "Ken Bedderstadt's Custom Gelgoog" and simply giving it the standard beam rifle and shield. If not for that, I'd be inclined to say that the sandy yellow one is the base model while the green one we see in Rise from the Ashes is simply Vische Donahue's personal model. Maybe it's even the other way around, who knows?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Gelgoog Jager

The recent MS-14GD from MSV-R shed some light on the MS-14G, pointing out that the original design was available around November and that it had a high mobility backpack.

This would indicate that Ken's unit is the standard model, though I would be of the opinion that his equipment isn't. The long beam rifle is a slight variation of the prottoype beam rifle included in the MG kit of Gato's MS-14A, and we could also atribute the rather simple shield to a lack of zulu shields at the time.

It occurs to me that Visch's unit either suffered from a lack of parts (backpack) just like the MS-14GD (cal thrusters). After all, this unit is supposedly deployed until January 2nd of U.C. 0080.

Anyway, here's Battle Operation's profile of the MS-14G, in the hopes it actually has some good info.