Gihren's Greed Profiles (02/01/13 War for Zeon Independence)

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Xenosynth

Re: Gihren's Greed Profiles (Now with War for Zeon Independe

War for Zeon Independence!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4jscxi6msay8tpd

Added most MS (Still missing a few, cannot quite figure out how to unlock certain zeon ones, and the federation mode, even on easy, keeps deciding to force a sue for peace after about 120 turns, whereas on Zeon I can get at least 170 turns in. So yeah, I'll get the remaining suits eventually but I need a break from the game for a bit)

The images for the most part are untouched, other than the first few alphabetically. I am currently cropping and resizing some of the ones that AmuroNT1 will not be able to do lineart for, mostly just MS with significant deviations from standard lineart.

Anyways, it has a few more custom units than the PSP game did, but not too many. Also, it only covers the One Year War. Not much really different with the profiles either so yeah, nothing too exciting. Just wanted all the images to exist somewhere so yeah xD. If anyone does want me to screenshot the images WITH the profiles intact I could do that.

And, one more, but if anyone also wants me to take pictures of all the characters for whatever reason I could do that as well. It has a couple of characters from later series as they appeared in the OYW so I guess it could be interesting for some people to see.
AmuroNT1

Re: Gihren's Greed Profiles (02/01/13 War for Zeon Independe

Let's see...

-The C-Type Zaku's "new bazooka" is actually the atomic bazooka.
-What you have labeled as the MS-06J Radar System is actually just the Zaku II J Cold Districts Type.
-Interesting to note that to Dowage (however the zark you wanna spell it) and Dowage Kai are listed as coming from "MSV (Gundam ZZ)".
-Your unknown is called "Defensive Fortress"; that's about all I can tell you.

Two quick questions regarding this game: Do the profiles have 3D models or 2D art? And is there an attack animation viewer available within the game?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

Huh O-o Atomic Bazooka on a Zaku. I just saw a kanji before bazooka, and for some reason I was thinking it was the 'kai' kanji. That's something I didn't know about. Also, sorry about the cold district zaku. I was slightly confused because I only noticed a radar thing on its head, so I assumed it was a precursor to the Zaku Flipper and Reconnaissance Zaku.

The profiles use stills of the 3D models with a bit of shading applied (it's easy to notice on certain MS with beam sabers since the sabers distortion still looks a bit odd as it does in the game). And the attack animation viewer is like... after you complete a unit, it has a screen to tell you the research is done, and there is a test fire option. It shows their basic ranged attack animation, but not melee or special attacks. With the Big Zam and Apsalus, and a few of the bombers, they are simply shown flying (Though the Big Zam one does make it be shot at in order to show the fancy i-field deflection animation). I was trying to screenshot all the attacks as I unlocked units but it turns out that the key for screenshots reset after I updated some things with what I was using, so it wasn't on the key I normally use, sadly. For the mass production units, they are in teams of 3, for special or limited production ones, it only has a single unit.

If you want me to, since I am going to try to actually play the game just for fun, were there any specific unit attacks you wanted to see or any other requests? My current playthroughs of the game have literally been "GATHER ENTIRE ARMY AT SOLOMON/JABURO. FOCUS ONLY ON R&D. EASY MODE!" And... in all honesty I am intrigued since I began to learn how to play the game, so yeah, I wanna play more of it in a serious way rather than just winning by attrition.
AmuroNT1

Yeah, the C-Type Zakus made use of atomic bazookas during Operation British, which is part of the reason for the massive death toll during that single week of combat. The kanji used is actually just "kaku" (核).

As for the Cold Districts Zaku, it's basically just a slight tweak to the J-Type, with cold-weather gear and a light grey paint job.

Unit animations? Well obviously, I'd like to see the Gyan variants. Not just because I'm a fan, but because I've been hearing mixed information about their abilities (apparently because they also show up in Gundam Network Operation), and it'd be nice to finally get a real handle on these things.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Xenosynth

I actually have a few pics of the Gyan but they are only using their shield missiles. Basically, in melee combat they are pretty damned good but at a range, since most are specialty single units, I dunno. They seem very lackluster, most only having a missile shield with needle missiles. I'll actually try to see if I can get a recording of a battle. I'll make a special army of Gyans and record them in action, so you can see all their attacks. If you just want pictures though I can do that too instead.

Also a random question, but about the atomic bazookas during Operation British, did they use powerful atomic weapons or were they mostly like tactical nukes, smaller scale than a normal nuke as we think of them? Either way I want to see if I can actually use them in game or if they were only in the prologue pre-antarctic treaty and therefore unusable since that entire start is an on rails tutorials.
Jegan

If later games are any indication, you need the Luna 2 Capture Operation to build them. The Zaku II early in this video takes a chunk out of a colony.
Xenosynth

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hfpmml6f05iplia

New set of in game models that AmuroNT1 requested. There are a few doubles. I focused mostly on trying to get as many angles of the Gyan variants as well as all the attacks. I also got a few of the special animations for things like the Apsalus III and Big Zam.

The Gyan have been pretty good, and the later ones (Krieger and Marines) can hold their own against 3 Gundams. The only drawback is that you have to rely on their melee accuracy over ranged, since the ranged don't do as much as the Gelgoogs. The melee attacks can only hit 3 times but do massive damage, the shield missiles are a bit more so so. They aren't useless but they aren't super good.

Too bad these aren't really MSV and are complete alternate universe necessary suits. It'd be nice to see them animated or used in some way.

EDIT: Also, loving the throaway text on the Gundam plans from one of the cutscenes.
AmuroNT1

I'm just trying to reconcile some of the weapon description conflicts I've seen in various sources. Often these things will just say "shield missile", which made me wonder if they had been upgraded, but your screencaps show that they just use the same needle missiles. Gundam Network Operation gives the Krieger's weapons list as the beam lance, needle missile, and grenade launcher, which seems to line up with Gihren's Greed. However, the one that gets me is how GNO says the High Mobility has machineguns; one source or another (can't recall which) claimed they were in the forearms. Does GG have anything like that?

Xenosynth

The Gyan High Mobility does indeed have the weapon listed in its attacks:
http://i.imgur.com/kVoPNwA.png

I've never seen it used, but it's the same kanji as the wrist machine gun on the Gelgoog Marine

Also, doing some damage versus hit comparisons, since you asked about the effectiveness, here are some raw numbers between the Gelgoog Variant and the Gyan Counterpart. I know these are only game numbers but nonetheless, it could help figure how effective they are. Also, Limited Production means that when the unit is produced, there is only one, and so you can group 3 together for a max of 3. Mass Production means they come in groups of 3 and so the total group for them can be 9 total if you stack the units (Again, just a function of gameplay, but still felt it should be mentioned). The format is:
Name: Weapon Damage x Number of shots/Swings/Hits (Per unit. With Mass Production with no lost units you'd take this number times 3)
Spoiler
First Production Gelgoog (As well as all basic customs): Beam Rifle 20x6, Beam Naginata 30x3
First Production Gyan (as well as all base customs): Needle Missile 8x12, Beam Saber 35x4
The Gyan has overall less damage at a range but also less risk with how many shots it fires, if a Gelgoog misses a shot a good chunk of its damage is gone, and as far as I can tell shots have a way higher chance of missing than melee attacks/ However, the Gelgoog can still do a bit of damage even if its destroyed since units finish firing their volley of shots before exploding. The Gyan has to rely on the melee phase which comes after the attacking party is done shooting, and damage for the shots has been calculated. Both are limited production.

Mass Produced Gelgoog: Beam Rifle 18x5, Beam Naginata 30x2
Mass Produced Gyan: Needle Missile 8x9, Beam Saber 30x3
Pretty much the same thing, less overall ranged damage even when all shots hit, but a bit less risky. That extra melee chance makes up for it though IMO. Both are Mass Production units (obviously)

Gelgoog High Mobility (All Customs Except Johnny Ridden): Beam Rifle 20x7, Beam Naginata 30x3
JR Gelgoog HM: Rocket Launcher 14x12, Beam Naginata 30x3
Gyan High Mobility (All Customs): Needle Missile 9x12, Wrist Machine Gun 6x8, Beam Lance 45x3. Beam Lance at a clear advantage, but JR's Gelgoog is actually pretty damn good given how many shots the rockets fire. All HMs are limited production.

Gelgoog Cannon: Beam Cannon 25x6, Beam Rifle 18x3, Missile Launcher 10x3, Beam Naginata 30x2
Gyan Cannon: Solid Cannon 16x6, Grenade Launcher 15x3, Beam Saber 30x3
The Gelgoog Cannon is definitely more versatile and IMO better than the Gyan Cannon. The Gelgoog Cannon attacks with both the beam rifle and missile launcher when attacked up close, and can attack or counter with the beam naginata as well. The Gyan's bonus melee damage isn't really enough to warrant it mattering in the long run, IMO. Both are mass production.

Gelgoog Jager: Beam Machine Gun 18x8, Beam Support Gun 8x6, Beam Saber 28x2
Gyan Krieger: Needle Missile 10x12, Grenade Launcher 15x4, Beam Lance 52x3
This is where the Gyan can be a massive killer, and the best of the variants IMO. The Krieger does RIDICULOUS Melee damage, and can easily take out an RX-78-2 in a single unit battle, as long as it doesn't get pounded before it can initiate melee or a counter attack melee.

Gelgoog Marine: MMP-80 8x14, Wrist Machine Cannon 5x8, Beam Saber 28x2
Gyan Marine: Needle Missile 8x12, Beam Lance 45x2
Overall I prefer the Gyan, but both are pretty effective. Just gotta hope the Gyans can make it to the melee phase. They are both Mass Production.

Gelgoog Marine Commander: Beam Machine Gun 16x10, Wrist Machine Cannon 5x8, Vulcan 3x10, beam saber 28x3
Gyan Marine Commander: Needle Missile 8x15, Vulcan 3x10, Beam Lance 45x3
I think here I prefer the Gyan here to be paired with an ace pilot and lead a group of 3. Again, this one can be up in the air based on your preference.
Gelgoog Jager

Xenosynth wrote:War for Zeon Independence!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4jscxi6msay8tpd
Any info on the "Battery"? It is the one whose image says unknown.

It doesn't look like a ship, but rather like a fixed gray base/building with many guns.

I assume it might belong to the Federation in order to give them more varied units.
Xenosynth

The Unknown one is a fixed base for land battles. It seems to appear whenever the EFF takes control of a base on earth. I I dunno if Zeon gets a base as well during land battles after they take over an area, but overall it's a pretty weak unit that is just for support during invasions, since they have a pretty good attack range. The ones labeled Satellite (EFF) and (Zeon) serve the same function but in space. They are also both AI controlled, so they don't always do what you want them to do.
Xenosynth

Well well well. Apparently there were some that I missed that I did NOT know of.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?38219rr9n2vr7mg

We have a Gundam that I can't seem to identify (Looks like the FA-78-1 in normal RX-78-2 colors) and then we have a very strange looking Zeong with booster units? I believe on the back. Haven't used it in game so I can't say for sure what those are.

Edit: Nevermind. Turned out the Gundam Wiki had the Zeong. Apparently it's the Zeong High Mobility type. Usually I don't use the Gundam wiki too often, so yeah xD;
Last edited by Xenosynth on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
ShadowCell

i split this thread into another in the Anime section for the endings. carry on.
Jegan

The unknown gundam also seems to be a High Mobility variant. The only thing I can find of it is a 1/100 conversion kit. The bit under the name on your picture indicates it's Game Original, and the picture in my link seems to indicate it's a Gihren's Greed original.
bilbros

Yes, the RX-78 variant at issue is the Gundam High Mobility Type, obvious counterpart of the Zeong High Mobiilty Type...
Both of them were created for the game Gihren's Greed Record of War for Zeon Independence, and as far as I know they never re-used anywhere else...
(EDIT)
except GNO2.
CloudFF7

Nice to see what the Full Armor Gundam looks like without the armor/weapon add ons(although it was an easy guess and didn't take much imagination). The bio also(like the Heavy Gundam) shows it with the RX-78 beam rifle, seems reasonable that it would be optional equipment for it, given that the Full Armor and Heavy have more than enough generator output to use it.
Jegan

It's a bit odd that the armorless FA-78-1 is distinct from the RX-78-1, compared to later games where it's not, but I suppose it is a OYW only game. It's nice to see GMs with Bazookas as well. Is there anything special about the bullpup RGM-79? It seems to be a deeper shade of red than the bazooka or beam spray gun versions.
Xenosynth

Nope. The weapons can be switched in game, and there is no stat difference with the bullpup RGM-79. In game it appears the same so I believe it's just the model they happened to use. All the models in the gallery are still models of the in-game ones, so whenever they took the picture for the gallery they probably modified the amount of light on the model or something like that.
Xenosynth

Massive Zeon Armament List for War for Zeon Independence (Just in case there might be something different, wrong, new, or whatevs):
Spoiler
Zaku I - Zaku Machine gun (ZM), Zaku Bazooka (ZB), Heat Hawk (HH)
Zaku II C Type: ZM, ZB, HH, Atomic Bazooka(Random note but Char's Custom C Type apparently has a weaker bazooka than the basic C Type. Odd.))
Zaku II F Type: ZM, ZB, HH
-Dozle Custom: Great/Giant Heat Hawk
Zaku II FS Type: ZM, HH, Head Gatling Gun
Zaku II J Type: ZM, ZB, Magella Top, HH, Missile Pods
Zaku II S Type: ZM, ZB, HH
Zaku II F2: ZM, HH, Grenade
Zaku II Kai: Machine Gun, HH, Grenade
Zaku II Cold District: ZM, HH
Zaku Desert Type: ZM, HH, Missile Pod, Vulcan
Zaku Cannon: Shoulder Cannon, Big Gun
Zaku Marine Type: SUBROC Gun, Rocket Pod, Vulcan
Zaku Reconnaissance Type: Camera Gun
Zaku Flipper: Camera Gun
Zaku Tank: 3 Barrel Machine Gun
Zaku II High Mobility Test Type (RP): Rocket Bazooka, HH
Zaku II High Mobility Test Type (R-1): ZM, ZB, HH
Zaku II High Mobility Test Type (R-1A): ZM, ZB, HH
Zaku II High Mobility Type (R-2): ZM, ZB, HH,
Zaku II High Mobility Type (RP/Elliot Rem): Prototype Beam Rifle
Zaku II Prototype (RD-4): ZM, HH
Zaku II Psycommu Test System: Mega Particle Guns
Zaku II Psycommu High Mobility Test Type: Mega Particle Guns
Gouf (A): ZM, HH
Gouf (B): Finger Vulcan, Heat Rod, Heat Sword
Gouf Custom: Gatling Shield, Handheld Gatling Unit, Heat Sword, Heat Rod
Gouf Heavy Arms Type: Finger Vulcan (x2), Head Vulcan
Gouf Flight Type (H): Finger Vulcan, Giant-Baz, Rocket(?)
Dom: Giant Baz, Heat Saber
Dom Tropical Test Type: Giant Baz, Heat Saber
Dom Tropen: Raketen Baz, Heat Saber
Dwadge: Giant Baz, Heat Saber, Head Gatling
Dwadge Custom: Beam Cannon, Vulcan, Heat Saber
Rick Dom: Giant Baz, Heat Saber
-Char Custom: Beam Bazooka
Rick Dom II: Giant Baz, Heat Saber, Scattering Beam Gun (Odd they only list it on this particular Dom)
(Skipping the Gelgoog and Gyan, they are listed earlier in the thread)
Xamel: 680mm Cannon, Missile Launcher, Vulcan
Kampfer: Shotgun, Giant Baz, Vulcan, Beam Saber
Zeong: Mega Particle Guns (Hands), Mega Particle Guns (Chest), Mega Particle Gun (Mouth)
Perfect Zeong: (Same as Zeong)
Gogg: Mega Particle Gun, Iron Nail, 3rd weapon I can't translate, will get pics in a bit
Hygogg: Mega Particle Gun (x2), Iron Nail, Same 3rd weapon listed
Acguy: Missile Launcher, Vulcan, Iron Claw
Z'gok: Mega Particle Gun (x2), Missiles, Iron Claw
Z'gok E type: Beam Cannon (x2), Iron Nail, Same kanji as Hygogg and Gogg's 3rd listing.
Zock: Big mega particle gun (chest), Mega Particle Gun
Adzam: Mega Beam Cannons, Leader (M)
Zakrello: Mega particle gun, Missile, Heat Nata (I assume these are the scythe arms)
Bigro: Large mega particle gun, missile, claw
Grublo: Missile launcher, (Bumeran?) Missile, Claw
Big Zam: Large Mega Particle cannon, Small mega particle cannons
Braw Bro: Mega Particle cannons (x3), Double Barrel Mega Particle Cannon (I am slightly confused about this, since it lists normal mega particle guns 3 times, and the double one only once on the list. However, this may just mean that it attacks with the normal side ones 3 times, and then the double ones once)
Elmeth: Mega Particle Cannon, Bit
Apsalus I: No armament listed
Apsalus II: Medium Mega Particle Cannon
Apsalus III: Charged Mega Particle Cannon
Magella-Attack: 3 Barrel Machine Gun, solid cannon
I'll get the battleships and stuff once they are finished being researched on this save, I'm still missing a few.