Katoki and his influence?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
domtropen

Re: Katoki and his influence?

Wondering who is the designer for MG Gundam ver. O.Y.W., Super HCM Pro, and PG?
Erisie

domtropen wrote:Wondering who is the designer for MG Gundam ver. O.Y.W., Super HCM Pro, and PG?
The O.Y.W. Ver. Master Grade, from the Project Pegasus video game, is clearly by the same person who did the refinements for the RG/3.0/Odaiba statue, who I believe it's Junichi Akutsu/BEE-CRAFT. There are a number of similarities between them:

- Panels in the upper thigh, lower leg, crotch and shoulders are more or less in the same places and shapes.
- Shoulder shape is similar, with angles in the corners (the 1.0 MG has similarily shaped shoulders, while the 2.0's are more squared)
- Angles in the lower corners of the yellow skirt armor (again, the 2.0's are squared).

The Perfect Grade keeps the thigh panels and shaped shoulders from the 1.0/1.5 Master Grade, leading me to believe it's a Junichi Akutsu design as well.
doghunter1

Resurrecting this thread with a question: What would happen if Katoki redesigned all of Okawara's real robot designs (i.e, designs from Dougram, Xabungle, VOTOMS, Vifam, Layzner, and Dragonar)?
AmuroNT1

...Then they would be redesigned. I'm not quite sure what the intent of your question is. Were you wondering if fans would riot? What sort of changes Katoki would implement? If Okawara would bust out a katana and chase down his co-worker?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
ShadowCell

every mecha would look like a NASCAR vehicle with all those decals and warning labels and things all over them, the end