Unexpected Units Appearing in Gundam Katana

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gelgoog Jager

Unexpected Units Appearing in Gundam Katana

I was checking gundam wikia's entry on this manga and the list of MS in the series caught my attention since it included some units I didn't expect at all:

RX-78GP02A Gundam "Physalis"
RX-79BD-1 GM Blue Destiny Unit 1
RX-79BD-3 Blue Destiny Unit 3

MS-08TX(EXAM) Efreet Custom
MS-10 Pezun Dowadge
MS-19 Dolmel (with Spada)
MAN-05 Gromlin

Since it is the wikia we are talking about, I didn't quite buy it at first, but then I scrolled down and there were some scans which did seem to indicate that at least the Dolmel and Blue Destiny Unit 2 were related to the manga. The later seemed odd since it was not included in the MS list, but the scan indeed seemed focus on unit 2 and only included a small section at the bottom with information on the other 2 BD units and the Efreet Custom.

So, can someone please confirm which of these units do appear in the manga? Most of them were supposedly either destroyed before U.C. 0084, when the manga takes place, or not built at all, as in the case of the Gromlin.

And if possible, can you tell us something about the role of these units in the manga? Do they actually exist in the story, or do they appear as part of a flashback or in a simulation?
Deacon Blues

Re: Unexpected Units Appearing in Gundam Katana

It's best not to ask. The series makes a mockery of Gundam. I can't even figure out what the plot is anymore...

Off the top of my head, the Blue Destiny is appearing this month. The Gromlin had a stint earlier on where it was rampaging on the moon threatening to destroy one of the lunar cities (I think it was Granada since there was a thing about Char arriving).
bilbros

I think that BD referred by Deacon is a modifed unit, named RX-79BD-2 Blue Destiny Omega (ブルーディスティニー・Ω), equipped with Neo EXAM System and unprovided of the limiter of the BD-3.

And, since you saw some scans confirming the presence of the MS-19 Dolmel...look at them more carefully, and you will spot behind it the King of Dragon ship from MSV90.

Surely, just like the other Yoshihiro Sono Gundam manga, Katana is a literl mecha mess: just think that among the other MSs, here we see also the GM Juggler...
Gelgoog Jager

I was hoping that Gundam Katana would actually provide a way to include all these units into the U.C. continuity, but it sounds that it won't be the case.

That said, I do would like to hear the justification for bringing back the Blue Destiny units and what exactly is different about this Neo EXAM System.
AmuroNT1

Sounds rather like Sono just takes the parts of Gundam that he likes, throws them into a blender, and has the audience drink it down without giving any thought to how well those elements go together.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power