The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk II

last one hit thirty pages, so, second verse, same as the first
Calubin_175 wrote:Defenser Unit A Type has hyper beam sabers that are similar to that of ZZ Gundam. While ZZ Gundam's ones can also function as a pair of beam cannons, this function is omitted on the Defenser Unit A to stabilise energy supply. Those pods on the top houses micro missiles. It doesn't mention about any external generator to power the defensor unit.

The Defenser Unit B type that Riddhe is equipped with has two beam mega launchers which can coordinate with sensors for precision firing and sniping.

I didn't really read the wave rider page, but in regards to the other differences between the two defensor units, the binders of the A grants missiles while the B type one has beam cannons. Both seem to share the same thrusters.

In the Sinanju interception battle, two ReZELs with Type A Units were sortied with another ReZEL with a Type B Unit, and a Stark Jegan that had some default equipment omitted.

Originally, the Defensor Unit is equipped for one entire squad of MS and it wasn't intended to have any other wingmen added(Stark Jegan). (I am pretty confused about this sentence as to whether the Defensor Unit is only for the commander or 3 sets will be applied to the whole squad of ReZELs)

It is pretty rare for the Defensor unit to be used for intercepting just one MS(Sinanju) as the permission to use such equipment is usually granted for critical strategic point defense.
lupinthe3rd

Picture of EWAC Jesta

Found a picture of EWAC type Jesta, I'm not sure if it's official...At least it looks like official to me.

http://www.aemedia.org/2011/05/rgm-96x-ewac-jesta.html

This site seems pretty good...shame I can't read any Chinese……
balofo

Re: Picture of EWAC Jesta

lupinthe3rd wrote:Found a picture of EWAC type Jesta, I'm not sure if it's official...At least it looks like official to me.

fake as hell, photoshopped from the EWAC Nero. In the novel one of the 12 Jestas is a EWAC one, no lineart exists
fahentai

lupinthe3rd wrote:Found a picture of EWAC type Jesta, I'm not sure if it's official...At least it looks like official to me.

Woooooo, AEmedia, How can you found this website?
Well, this MS is apperared on Gundam Unicon. Therefore, I guess this MS is official. However the picture you saw on this website is acutally done by some Chinese Gundam Fans. Those words describe of this MS is based on the writter's personal infering.
Sorry for my fuxked up English...But I am just an international student in Au from China. If my words makes you guys confused, let me know.I will explain it.
lupinthe3rd

fahentai wrote:

Woooooo, AEmedia, How can you found this website?
Well, this MS is apperared on Gundam Unicon. Therefore, I guess this MS is official. However the picture you saw on this website is acutally done by some Chinese Gundam Fans. Those words describe of this MS is based on the writter's personal infering.
I googled the word EWAC Jesta and found that site. At least it looks good to me.
FYI relax dude your English is way better than my Chinese XD
newageheretic

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk II

idunno if anyone has asked this yet but i really dont wanna go skimming through all the old post, has anyone read the manga? what is that Dooben-Wolf like mobile suit(4 of them) that was in the test match with the unicorn, one of them had a gundam head the others had gm like heads
Dark Duel

It's called the ARX-014 Silver Bullet.
Essentially, it's a somewhat less heavily-armed version of the Doven Wolf, only with Federation-style design elements. It was developed by the Vist Foundation, and the four units in question are used in a combat test of the Unicorn Gundam and its NT-D System. Predictably, they get brutally steamrolled once the NT-D activates.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
newageheretic

actually 3 of them were destroyed the one with the gundam head survived
Propellant

Yeah,I remember Unicorn ripped right through them with it's bear arms.Makes you wonder just how much brute strength it has.

Come to think of it,there are examples of RX-0's mechanical power in the anime as well:

Episode 1-Crushes Kshatryia's in its palm,along with NZ-666's finger or two,If i remember correcty.
Episode 3-Tears off Kshatryia's chestplate with ease.
Episode 3 again-Rips off Sinanju's leg,or rather,if I remember correctly,Sinanju gave full thrust and ended up tearing it's own leg.If this interpretation of mine isn't a result of bad memory,it would mean that Uni was able to hold down 128600 kilograms of thrust with one hand.

I wouldn't want my Mobile Suit wrestling with that thing...
Homeless

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Calubin_175

Well this is the first GM III dedicated article available, so there should be some new information. From certain perspectives the GM III has equal performance to the Gundam MK-II, with its backpack having pretty much the same function as the Mk-II's one. Rifle and shield have been upgraded with 50% increase in input for the former and improved durability and lightened weight for the shield.

In terms of the added mid range combat armaments, there are two choices of missile pods for its shoulders. The one known as the "normal missile pod" has 4 medium sized missiles, while the other one which houses 15x2 micro missiles is called the "option missile pod". Lastly, the GM III can also be equipped with large high performance missiles designed to counter Axis' heavy MS. Though its connected to the hips by default, it can be placed elsewhere via connectors and joints.

Though it seems like the backpack has a connector for options like the G-Defenser, there are no actual examples of such equipment being fitted.
Last edited by Calubin_175 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JEFFPIATT

it sounds like AE quite literally built copies of the RX-178 backpack that were adapted to fit on the RGM-79R style frames. While the mk II never got an GM like ms made from it the GM III was as close as it got They may have planned to build additional g-defensor units when it was planned but as shown in the final episode of zeta all those extra fighters would be defenseless in combat. I wonder if the RGM-89 was to be an GM-head gundam mk2 for mass-production but it was decided to just use the R-type that could recycle the RGM-79R lines and reuse the bulk of the old RX-78 era body engineering style.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Question: Why does the advanced tech of the Unicorn Gundam seem to have vanished by UC0123?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Dark Duel

You mean the psyco-frame/NT-D?.
Well, those are technologies that are developed for use by Newtypes(and against them in the NT-D's case), which AFAIK were never particularly numerous.
It's possible that the use of the technology declined for that exact reason - not too many NTs around.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
yazi88

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Question: Why does the advanced tech of the Unicorn Gundam seem to have vanished by UC0123?
I'm guessing probably funding, downsizing and probably the biggest reason being the frame of the smaller MS in UC 123 not being able to withstand the NTD system. Armor for MS is also reduced to increase speed and maneuverability which was heavily emphasized during that period.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Dark Duel wrote: not too many NTs around.
Didn't Zanscare have about 10,000 NTs powering the Angel Halo?

--Freyja Wion
Propellant

Maybe they decided to put less emphasis on NT-centric tech?
nacho-wan

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:
Dark Duel wrote: not too many NTs around.
Didn't Zanscare have about 10,000 NTs powering the Angel Halo?
Maybe, but they were civilians, not combatants breaking havoc in custom high performance mobile suits. At this late in UC, Newtypes are no longer a military asset as they were in the two decades after the OYW.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Gelgoog Jager

The official anime site has added profiles for:

Shamblo
Zaku I Sniper Type
Jesta
Ra Cailum

What caught my attention was that the Shamblo's profile indicates that its design had been around since the First Neo Zeon War.

Some new character profiles have been added as well.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Ra Cailum? Then that means we get to see ole Captain Slaps-n-Burgers!!! :D 8)

--Freyja Wion