The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AnimeMun

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Looks like it says Sigma Shis Rifle or something like that.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
nacho-wan

I'm the only one thinking that Episode 22 was made to boost the sale of yet to be announce but coming soon AGE-1 variant (AGE flat I think is its name)?

In other things, the AGE system is taking to awful time to bring the AGE-2 to the fighting level of Zeaheart's unit. Maybe it is too busy developing an awesome Flint AI? At this pace we might only get a wear set for the AGE-2.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Homeless

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Calubin_175

Even upon the advent of the relatively higher performance Adele, the Genoace II is still being used by many pilots since the the Genoace itself has molded the skills of many pilots.

Enhanced thrusters and sensors are identical to that of the Genoace Custom.
Midi_Amp

nacho-wan wrote:I'm the only one thinking that Episode 22 was made to boost the sale of yet to be announce but coming soon AGE-1 variant (AGE flat I think is its name)?
It's just you I think. At least for the HG kits, the cover plate for AGE-1 chest is already available to make it to AGE-1F. I was wondering what that cover plate is, because it's just there, the assembly manual didn't even mention it. Now I know what it is for...
Deathzealot

Gelgoog Jager wrote: Fardain:
Fa Bose x1 + MS x30 + MS x6
30 MS originally detected along with the ship and 6 more were seen launching in mid-battle, including the Zedas. These 6 might have been the reserve forces of the UE during said battle.

Minsry:
Cruiser x2 + MS x10

Shoal Zone:
Cruiser x2 + MS x09

Big Ring:
Fa Bose x5 + MS x111 + X-rounder MS x10 + reserve MS?

111 reguar MS, 10 Zedas R exclusively for X-rounders, and whatever reserves that the Vagan deploy by the end of battle, when the situation has worsened. In Fardain the reserves forces was at least 6 MS, including the Zedas, which is about one fifth of the forces originally deployed, or basically using the sixth part of their total forces as reserves. If that is the case, the reserves forces during the battle at Big Ring could amount to around 24 MS, bringing their total numbers to almost 150 MS.

I also checked the firepower of the UE ships in the form of number of turrets:

Cruiser: 3 double turret gun, 6 single turret mode.
Fa Bose: 36 double turret gun, 54 single turret mode.

In the later's case, besides having the 27 openings per side, it has 3 more double turrets on the opposing faces of the hexagon formed, for a total of nine. Out of the 90 openings, a third of these have double turrets and the rest are single turrets. All these double turrets are found in the central line of each side.

Finally, the Vagan fortress can probably hold 6 Fa Bose giant warships (it has been seen with 5 docked at a time in a symetrical way, indicating that there's a spot for a sixth ship). Which means that if they had 6 Fa Bose warships, each with a MS complement as large as the Fa Bose deployed at Fardain (36 MS, including reserves), they could potentially have 216 MS + whatever amount of MS their fortress itself can hold.
I wonder how many Cruisers the Fortress can support?

Anyways my two-cents on the Darwin Class MS Compliment.

I took a few screenshots (Time-stamp of 11:10) of Episode 12, and I counted about ten Genoaces surrounding the three 8th Fleet Ships give or take a couple that are off-screen. So combined with the three that trap the Diva and its mobile suits and the two disabled Genoaces in the Colony itself counts about fifteen mobile suits total. Granted if each of the ships carries six Genoaces the total would be eighteen but like I mentioned there maybe a couple off-screen in some of my screenshots so perhaps there the Darwin MS Compliment is six. Or then again the Darwin class could carry five but honestly that is kind of strange.

Granted it could be different now with the Second-Gen. Also finally we get an idea on where the catapult is on the Darwin. Figured it was between the hulls and I was right, for we see at least one ms launching during the Battle of Big Ring in the latest episode. Granted it wasn't really a close-up but I think its safe to say that the Darwin sports a catapult.

Anyways my ten-cents there. /laughs/
Compass

I forgot to ask this way back when the MPC on the Diva was used, but was I interpreting the scene correctly in that the cannon actually connects to the AGE System when activated and fired, or is it connecting to something else entirely?
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
SonicSP

I think it's connected to the Builder mainly for power draw. Not sure whether it's actually using the AGE System per say. It might be for calculation-aiming computation purposes if it is, but I think it's mainly for power.
reeoyuy

Nobody posted these here yet? Looking at gundam.info watermark I think it's safe to say this is the final and official AGE-3 lineart.
Front
Rear

Also, HG promotional poster.
Wingnut

reeoyuy wrote:Nobody posted these here yet? Looking at gundam.info watermark I think it's safe to say this is the final and official AGE-3 lineart.
Front
Rear

Also, HG promotional poster.
Looks like it climbed out of the Gundam 00 rejected ideas pile. I can smell transforming MS on that thing too. Possibly as a carry over from the AGE-2.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Dark Duel

Got a ZZ Gundam-style core fighter-type gimmick, looks like.
NICE. I like it, personally.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DuelGundam2099

Looks more like ZZ Gundam to me and considering it is my second favorite UC gundam after V2, that is a good thing; and DAT GUN, seriously that thing looks awesome. Lets just hope Kio's arc is likeable.
Arsarcana

Considerably less ZZ-ish than before (personally I liked the in-your-face earlier version better) but yeah, still obviously based on that design. From the looks of it, the Core Figher takes a few more cues from Ribbons' machines in 00 and the Arche in particular. It's attached to the backpack and basically a complete unit on its own that takes part of the internals of the torso with it when it goes. I'm not entirely certain where it's hiding the cockpit block but from the shots we've seen it certainly seems like it's in there somewhere.
Geoxile

Seriously, it BARELY resembles the ZZ. Only the shoulder armor is reminiscent of the ZZ's forearm guards. Even the primary color scheme is mostly different.
PowerdGNFlag

They probably had more time to modify the AGE-3's design after the leak (which I now assume to be the work of very well-informed fans). AGE-2's general design changed little between the leak and the release of the final lineart.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Compass

For those of you who have watched this week's episode, what did you think about Adele having the signature Gundam-style paired eye behind that facepiece?

Compare to the Genoace, which had the mono-eye optical sensor back when Largan was using his.

I'm starting to be confused as to exactly what the facepieces are served for, if they appear to be that fragile anyways.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Sume Gai

It's been obvious the Adele had a twin eyed face for along time after some promotional shots of the models; seeing as they are essentially mass produced AGE-1 this should be no surprise.

As for the face plat's purpose I always assumed it was to keep debris out of the cameras/sensors located in the head. Sure it may not be tough but I'll bet it's much easier to clean that covering than having to get into all the grooves around a face and camera eyes.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
ShadowCell

that and i would imagine things often tend to break when they are kicked by a heavily-armored Martian giant robot >>
Compass

ShadowCell wrote:that and i would imagine things often tend to break when they are kicked by a heavily-armored Martian giant robot >>
Man, what ever happened to Chuck Norris-proofing the important components :/

Agh, now I have a terrifyingly hilarious image of an Adele wearing an oversized NFL helmet, developed by the AGE System.
SonicSP

Compass wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:that and i would imagine things often tend to break when they are kicked by a heavily-armored Martian giant robot >>
Man, what ever happened to Chuck Norris-proofing the important components :/

Agh, now I have a terrifyingly hilarious image of an Adele wearing an oversized NFL helmet, developed by the AGE System.
It actually fits if you do it on Adele Titus, with the big strong armor and all..........

As for the AGE-3, surprisingly its turning to be my favorite design og AGE so far, even more than AGE-2 which I'd thought was going to hold it. I love the bulky Flight Mode with the Sigmasis Rifle on the right side. Reminds me of a bomber. This is also one of those few designs where I actually welcome the blue feet instead of red and the relatively large amount of yellow from normal is also sweet.

Coloring gives me a strange Exia Avalanche vibe for some reason even if the feet are different. Another fine job Ebikawa.