The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AnimeMun

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

quasadra wrote:its a DRAGON! i dont understand how can you all can ridicule that.
Quite easy in fact. Just watch Slayers. *chuckles*
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
quasadra

i never manage to finish Slayers. i assume you are talking about Lina. if so, i chalk it to her being Lina. :P

still, its a mechanical DRAGON! in Gundam! i know there is Epyon, but it isnt as obvious as this one we have here. however, seeing the gundam in third gen got a firepower upgrade, it is not looking good for my dragon friend here. :cry:

now i wonder will it have a MS mode? seeing as Dorado has done away with the transforming thing.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
ShadowCell

i hope the Vagans in the third arc are all issued daggers which are also flutes that they use to summon their dragon-mecha

that would make Gundam AGE the best Gundam show ever
nacho-wan

Hell yeah!
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
SonicSP

quasadra wrote:i never manage to finish Slayers. i assume you are talking about Lina. if so, i chalk it to her being Lina. :P

still, its a mechanical DRAGON! in Gundam! i know there is Epyon, but it isnt as obvious as this one we have here. however, seeing the gundam in third gen got a firepower upgrade, it is not looking good for my dragon friend here. :cry:

now i wonder will it have a MS mode? seeing as Dorado has done away with the transforming thing.
I personally prefer the Gen I dragons more. This one is.......well the portions are a bit off.

Will make a good target practice for the heavy firepower AGE-3, that's for sure. I wonder whether more of these might be one of the reason the AGE System made the AGE-3 so high powered?
Shinji_Shinigami

I actually wonder what the reasons (except maybe for copying the development of Gundam, Z and ZZ) are for making age 3 a powerhouse. The last couple of episodes showed clearly that the development is going into the direction of speed, which is achieved due faster suits and the X-rounder effects.
SonicSP

Shinji_Shinigami wrote:I actually wonder what the reasons (except maybe for copying the development of Gundam, Z and ZZ) are for making age 3 a powerhouse. The last couple of episodes showed clearly that the development is going into the direction of speed, which is achieved due faster suits and the X-rounder effects.
The G-Ceptor may look bulky but it could also be pretty fast for all we know. Also heavy weaponry might be important if you have more things like that green dragon being used. Heavy Weaponry is also important to bridge technology or disadvantage gaps, kinda like what CB did in the 00 movie; the circumstances would depend on what happens then. Development direction on both sides might have changed to more heavier by then as well ad a trend of sorts.
I've never watched G-Gundam before but it seems more like a dragon theme than an actual dragon shape design.
Sume Gai

there was in fact a dragon mecha in the series early on operated by a gang of Chinese thieves. It isn't listed on mechatalk at all though. In a (relatively) more down to earth series Epyon turns into a two headed Wyvern (a kind of dragon). There are most definitely Dragon Mecha in SD stuff (Zero's plotline in SDGF revolves around them) but otherwise I don't think there are many (any?) MS that have a dragon like form in official material.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
AnimeMun

ShadowCell wrote:i hope the Vagans in the third arc are all issued daggers which are also flutes that they use to summon their dragon-mecha

Huh, a dagger based equivalent to an AGE device....we shall call it the Caesar Memory and the dragons will pop out of the water and shoot missiles from their finger tips! Also they will fire flames instead of beam rounds and drill through absolutely everything from the side not the tip of their tails!

The Cross-Culture Hero.

yazi88

No one remembers the 2 large dragon mobile armor that Zanscare used in Victory Gundam?
pd771

Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
AnimeMun

Hey, lets be thankful they haven't tried to look at 4-chan for new mech designs. Then we'd be in trouble. Back on topic though...any ideas what the alternate forms of the AGE-3 are going to be called exactly?

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Arsarcana

Nope, our first reveal simply identified them by role and indicated that they didn't have proper names yet.
SonicSP

Yeah for the moment they've been literally labeled Wear A and Wear B in the ad we saw; A for the black one and B for the red one.
Amadi Akintunde

ShadowCell wrote:i hope the Vagans in the third arc are all issued daggers which are also flutes that they use to summon their dragon-mecha

We need Dragonsuit Power, now
Arbiter GUNDAM

Okay i'll bite.

And the Vegan pilots will all wear green and white normal suits with elaborate gold chest armor because this will make the Feddies quake in fear.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Strike Zero

You forgot the part where the dragon mecha is defeated, so the pilot comes back and defects to the Diva wearing a white normal suit and driving a transforming white tiger mecha.

He and Woolf would quickly become tight drinking buddies.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
ydawg314

lmao this is the only vhs episode of powerrangers I owned as a kid.... this thread is winning
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
E08

From chinese translation of AGE-1 MG manual:

History:

After the large scale colony battle, EF started the disarmament plan and terminates the military use of MS. Some of the weapon manufacturing enterprises close down while others rename themselves as ‘workshop’ and are mainly involve in producing civilian use machine or MS (Mobile Standard) and other related business. There is also another group known as ‘MS smiths’, they continue to secretly develop MS with military uses and such technology are only inherited through the blood lines. This group of people aims to create MS (Mobile Suits) with the highest performance possible and this lead to the creation of many advance technology. Thus, MS smiths are the only humans that have inherited the basics of military technology (this should be referring to MS related military tech). Using the knowledge pass down the generations and the AGE system improved by Flit, Gundam AGE-1 is successfully developed.

Gundam AGE-1:

AGE-1 uses independently developed plasma control technology and its output is higher than EF’s Genoace. The core component of the AGE system is located in the MS’s chest. By linking up with the antenna on the backpack and the varieties of sensors in the head unit, the core component is able to collect and analyse data during combat and can transmit a limited amount of data. As AGE-1 is an experimental unit, and after taking into consideration maintenance and transport issues, its limbs are designed with independent power unit. AGE system further utilises this special characteristic and created the ‘Wear System’.

AGE System:

This is the general name for the system that comprises the Gundam, AGE device and AGE builder. Gundam serves as the core unit as well as the data gathering unit. AGE device is the protection key while AGE builder integrates and analyse the data and also serves as parts builder. This basic design which represents the Asuno family’s MS development knowledge together with the technology needed to create the Gundam’s armour are stored in the AGE device. This system is later improved by Flit, who modified it such that the pilot’s suggestions can be included through the use of haro. This enable the system to propose development plans that fits the situation better. Regarding the building of parts, AGE builder will first use special material to produce outline of the parts and its frame then fill them with material molecule by molecule. Numerous circuits are then inserted, completing the building process. This is just the basic building process, due to the system’s self- learning capability it can have a higher degree of operation.

As the above is a translation of a translation, they may be some mistakes.