Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Mecha and Technology

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:03 am 
Traitor Villain

The scene from ZZ in question is from episode 2, where Yazan points a beam saber at Judau while he is in the Zeta. However, cockpit hatch is open, and the beam saber is making contact with the hatch, so it's another case of the blade making contact with an object, and Judau feeling the heat from that happening just a few feet away from him.

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:26 pm 
Cardboard Leo Ace

mcred23 wrote:
The scene from ZZ in question is from episode 2, where Yazan points a beam saber at Judau while he is in the Zeta. However, cockpit hatch is open, and the beam saber is making contact with the hatch, so it's another case of the blade making contact with an object, and Judau feeling the heat from that happening just a few feet away from him.

well, I guess there is something more that I need to point out before I give the exsample.....
Do you means that Beam sabre only gives the heat when it touched something? Please tell me about this....

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:28 am 
Oblivious Harem Loser

I find the idea that an I-field could keep water or even air out or prevent heat from radiating off a beam blade to be silly. The I-field in a reactor helps to contain the plasma that is reacting it would prevent the material from touching the metal but the air between the containment vessel and the plasma would still be hot, after all Gundarium is -required- to build minovsky fusion reactors meaning that the metal must be subjected to some serious stresses regardless of the containment field, In a fusion reaction thees stresses are Heat and Pressure (which are interlinked since hot air expands)

I also submit for your consideration the F91 who's "weapons and systems generate a tremendous amount of heat." If I-fields can contain heat then it's weapons which are almost totally beam based and thus use I-fields to form the shots would not be such a problem.

Then again Gundam does not give a damn about heat half the time. *glares at Ramba Ral and Amuro* yeah go ahead and push red hot metal aside with your hands guys that'll work.

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern

Board index » Discussion » Mecha and Technology