The Biosensor, and Newtype-Minovsky Interactions

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Cmdr Harabec

The Biosensor, and Newtype-Minovsky Interactions

Recently I came across these old threads:

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7894

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php? ... &view=next

And I was wondering if there was any more information on the biosensor in the Zeta novels? I was particularly curious if it did any of the things it does in the animation: sword of rage and I-Field and whatnot.

I'm really wondering if it delves more into the Newtype-Minovsky Resonance deal? I know most of that was Gundam Century, but it's always rather fascinated me and I quite like the explanation it offers. A lot more than Unicorn's thoughts-are-physical-energy jazz with psycoframe resonation, anyways (which I guess really doesn't cover the biosensor shenanigans at all). All of this originally dates back to the Elmeth's psycommu system having orignally used minovsky particles as a carrier for psycowaves, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd really love to see if anyone who'd read the novels could offer any more insight into this for me.

Also, on an unrelated note, I've heard Kamille lifts his visor at the end after Sciroccio's NT-attack deal and kills himself. Is this true? And is there any more stated about what Sciroccio did there, exactly? I'd really love some insight on some of these crazier Newtype happenings.
Geoxile

Re: The Biosensor, and Newtype-Minovsky Interactions

That ending is from the novels apparently. Kamille's visor is open when Fa goes to check on him and she doesn't notice it, though the cockpit is open.

Also, I'm not sure what sort of information you're looking for about the NT-Minovsky particle but certain some enhanced NTs like Mashymar have displayed similar abilities to biosensor aided NTs. Haman and the Quebeley also displayed similar powers with a psycommu system so it's not just the biosensor.
fahentai

Cmdr Harabec wrote:Recently I came across these old threads:

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7894

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php? ... &view=next

And I was wondering if there was any more information on the biosensor in the Zeta novels? I was particularly curious if it did any of the things it does in the animation: sword of rage and I-Field and whatnot.

I'm really wondering if it delves more into the Newtype-Minovsky Resonance deal? I know most of that was Gundam Century, but it's always rather fascinated me and I quite like the explanation it offers. A lot more than Unicorn's thoughts-are-physical-energy jazz with psycoframe resonation, anyways (which I guess really doesn't cover the biosensor shenanigans at all). All of this originally dates back to the Elmeth's psycommu system having orignally used minovsky particles as a carrier for psycowaves, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd really love to see if anyone who'd read the novels could offer any more insight into this for me.

Also, on an unrelated note, I've heard Kamille lifts his visor at the end after Sciroccio's NT-attack deal and kills himself. Is this true? And is there any more stated about what Sciroccio did there, exactly? I'd really love some insight on some of these crazier Newtype happenings.
Believe me, don't try to explain anything about new-type.....
I have tried before, and finally I found that even use the tech of universe centry, u still can not explain that thing logically.....In this case, what you need to know is the "fact" but not the causation of the "fact". Or else, you are not only chelleage the real world science but also the logic
Sorry for my fuxked up English...But I am just an international student in Au from China. If my words makes you guys confused, let me know.I will explain it.
flamingtroll

fahentai wrote: Believe me, don't try to explain anything about new-type.....
I have tried before, and finally I found that even use the tech of universe centry, u still can not explain that thing logically.....In this case, what you need to know is the "fact" but not the causation of the "fact". Or else, you are not only chelleage the real world science but also the logic
Even though the Newtype stuff is pretty magical, it's actually pretty consistent in what it could do, which is pretty similar to what minovsky particles could do. So, it doesn't really preclude some sort of internal explanation if they want to.
2NA Fish

The Zeta novels do mention the biosensor and it's purple force field, but I don't remember it going into much more detail than the TV series. In fact there was slightly less. The waverider crash does not happen in the novels. The O instead gets destroyed by the colony laser if I recall correctly. Yazan also gets killed by a pinpoint shot to the cockpit instead of the beam sabre.

My apologies, it's been years since I read the novel, so my memory is hazy.

Beltochika's Children however has some totally trippin' stuff happen, but none of it is really explained scientifically. It's more like magic, much like Tomino's version of Raideen.
Evex

According to Gundam Official the bio-sensor is a variant of Zeon's psycommu system created by anaheim electronics, and installed in the Zeta on an experimental bases. It doesn't state any of the sensors capabilities, but allows the pilot to control a mobile suit via mental commands. The psycommu system it self was designed to translate thoughts of newtypes into computer commands. These thoughts though are emitted by psycho-waves and not normal electric transmission of normal brain waves.

In honesty its stated I believe somewhere that psycho-waves are not hindered by minovsky particles, since there not electrical in nature. As for controlling minovsky particles in order to make a beam saber bigger, or an I-field would take the ability to mentally manipulate an object. The bio-sensor, psycommu system, and bio computer are never stated to amplify psycho-waves. The only newtype technology stated to amplify these thought waves is the psycho-frame.