Some Questions for Macross Frontier/Macross In General

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Deathzealot

Some Questions for Macross Frontier/Macross In General

Hello All!

I have some questions about some stuff in Macross Frontier, wither it is main series or the movies, there are some stuff I am curious about. There are also some questions about some earlier stuff hence the Macross in General in the subject.

Question 1:

About the Island Cluster Class New Macross Colonization Ships, like the Frontier and the Galaxy. Since these Colonization Fleets don't have Core Ships like the Three Star Class Factory Ships, and Eisenstein Class Research ships, do some of the smaller towed Islands replace these core ships. For example having one of the Islands as a Industrial and Factory Section, or a shipyard. Also maybe one similar to a West Point Class Training Ship. We know that Island 3 has research labs and such from the series, but I was wondering if these other Islands replace the larger, far more expensive core ships in the larger colony fleets like Macross Frontier?

Question 2:

Well not really a question but more of an observation. Basically I believe that New Macross Ships don't fold for weeks at a time allowing its defense fleet to jump ahead and around the ship to clear the way. (NOTE: I do seem to remember reading something New Macross Defense Fleets having "Pilot" Fish Squadrons which jump ahead of the main fleet clearing the way, but don't remember where) Therefore it would takes weeks for this to happen where the Colony Fleet seats waiting fro the All-Clear. For all the times we see a New Macross Colony Folding is during immediate danger or a direct battle. We don't really see them just folding peacefully around. (At least I don't think so, for I only have watched pieces of Macross Seven, and about half of Macross Frontier though have watched both movies). Anyways just some of my observations on this matter.

Question 3:

A Small Question, this one really about the older regular New Macross Colony Fleets, do they by chance have civilian populations on the other Core Ships, for I seem to remember someone mentioning that the Sunnyflower and the Riviera Core Ships.

I believe that is it for now. I may have some more questions down the road. Thank you in advance.
azrael

Re: Some Questions for Macross Frontier/Macross In General

Deathzealot wrote:Hello All!
Question 1:

About the Island Cluster Class New Macross Colonization Ships, like the Frontier and the Galaxy. Since these Colonization Fleets don't have Core Ships like the Three Star Class Factory Ships, and Eisenstein Class Research ships, do some of the smaller towed Islands replace these core ships. For example having one of the Islands as a Industrial and Factory Section, or a shipyard. Also maybe one similar to a West Point Class Training Ship. We know that Island 3 has research labs and such from the series, but I was wondering if these other Islands replace the larger, far more expensive core ships in the larger colony fleets like Macross Frontier?
They would/could. They need to produce their own food and goods for the fleet. It has to happen somewhere in the fleet.
Question 3:

A Small Question, this one really about the older regular New Macross Colony Fleets, do they by chance have civilian populations on the other Core Ships, for I seem to remember someone mentioning that the Sunnyflower and the Riviera Core Ships.
Of course.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."