Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Mecha and Technology

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:41 pm 
OMG Doomsday Laser

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/img014pw.jpg/

Looks like it has a rear missile launcher, and many different bridge missile defense systems. Requesting translations!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:16 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

Judging from the linearts existing since Char's Counterattack times (i.e. the year 1988), I would say that nearly all this weapons were already present in the original design, but they have never been explicitated neither as captions or in the specs (or at least, only seldom so).
In any case, the new picture you linked to (directly taken from the new Gundam Perfect File) shows these armaments much more clearly.

So, let's see them in detail...
Besides the double cannon turret (first item on the left of the page), we can see, from left to righ and from top to bottom (the text below is generally a rather free translation of the captions):
- bottom hull launcher (missile launcher facing towards the rear side of the ship, normally housed inside the bottom of the hull; it fires 7 missiles per burst)
- upper deck launcher (labeled as "A" in the picture; a pair of 8-tube missile launchers located inside the hull armor directly under the bridge, used to intercept enemy missiles coming close to this vital part of the ship)
- triple anti-air machine gun (labeled as "B" in the picture; a system made up of anti-air 20 machineguns placed all along the ship, used together with the missile launchers to form an intercepting screen)
- bridge missiles (labeled as "C" in the picture; a couple of 4-tube missile emplacements located on the posterior of the bridge; they cope with ememies approaching from the rear lines)
- side launchers (labeled as "D" in the picture; built-in missile launchers placed behind the anti-air machineguns; three on each side, for a total of 6 missile tubes)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:19 pm 
HiMAT Spammer

They said as opposed to the Nahel Argama which got extensive upgrades, the Rewoola only had restorations done due to the remnants being short on funds.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:26 pm 
OMG Doomsday Laser

thanks for the translations! I take the smaller missile under the long ones in this image(used by the bow launchers as seen in CCA and Unicorn) is the one used in the bridge launchers.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/3839s.jpg/

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:45 am 
AEUG Slapping Boy

Looks like the Rewloola has a second MS catapult, too...

Board index » Discussion » Mecha and Technology