Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Mecha and Technology

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:23 pm 
OMG Doomsday Laser

Ok so this is always a small thing that has made me wonder and when I think of this it more so comes from Cosmic Era but this can apply to other universes also.

Anyway my example here to use is the Strike Gundam equipped with Launcher pack.
Whenever it has fired off the Agni cannon, I've always been curious as to what kinds of energy the blasts are.

As they resemble positon cannon shots, but they are more destructive then standard beam rifle shots.

So does anyone have any ideas?
And yeah lots of units seem to use these kinds of energy cannons.

Would apprreciate an answer if anyone here happens to know.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:49 pm 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

It depends on the universe. In Universal Century (and Turn A by extension), beam weapons are all based on Minovsky Particles. Guns charge, compress and fire the things, melee weapons use the uncharged particles to contain plasma. 00's beam weapons mostly use compressed and charged GN Particles. There are some individual exceptions but for the most part, their beam weapons are all based around the magic particles that make each setting's tech work. It's never really been made clear what's being used in other universes, though some weapons are descriptive enough that you can tell. For example, in CE if a weapon says it's a plasma beam you can pretty much guess what it's using, other stuff like a 'hyper impulse' cannon or a generic beam weapon, not so much.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:35 pm 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Hyper Impulse Cannons are probably some sort of particle cannon by virtue of "impulse" in their name.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:12 pm 
Retconned MSV Ace

I usually just classed multi-colored beam weapons (that aren't already named) in CE as multiphase weapons, like the Strike Freedom's torso cannon is named, and are more powerful than average beam rifle/gun shots.

Board index » Discussion » Mecha and Technology