Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Mecha and Technology




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:26 pm 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:52 pm
Posts: 1116
Location: Athens, GA
steeltamashii wrote:
It also looks like they made a Dreamcast port of Seireiki Rayblade as well, i still have mine, so i might buy that one.

However got another question (2 actually):

Does the Granzon require Prana to pilot, (since it is part magical machine, and the Masoukishin require Prana) and if they do, how did Shuu Shirakawa, a native, acquire the Prana required to pilot it? OR is this answered in any of the LoTE games? (If it is, don't tell me)

Also, for the Masoukishin, does each machine require a different kind of Prana, or can each be piloted by different people? (Example: Could Masaki pilot the Granvale, or could Tootie pilot the Cybuster?)


The Granzon doesn't seem to need any Prana. Shuu made a few modifications, but it is, at heart, just another space-age giant robot. It runs on the Annihilation Engine, which is a beefed up form of the Black Hole Engine that became infamous in the Huckebein.

As for the Masoukishin, no, there is no pilot-switching. They will only function properly for the person that the patron god has acknowledged as its rightful herald. It's not a matter of Prana (I think there's really only one kind of Prana anyway), so much as it is the god saying, "You are not worthy of me."

_________________
This space for rent


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:33 pm 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:40 pm
Posts: 383
Location: A galaxy far far away...
Imperial wrote:
... It's not a matter of Prana (I think there's really only one kind of Prana anyway)...


It should be just one universal prana type as we had instances when one important pilot requiered an emergency prana transfusion asfter doing something very neat with its mecha (or was the other way around: the mecha did something very neat with its pilot?).

_________________
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller

http://www.tropicalgunpla.com A blog on spanish for making gunpla in Central America


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:26 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:38 pm
Posts: 76
Location: Pekopon
Imperial wrote:
It runs on the Annihilation Engine, which is a beefed up form of the Black Hole Engine that became infamous in the Huckebein.


Speaking of which, was the RTX-008L-EX Huckebein EX (the one that vanished along with the base) the only one with the black hole engine, or did all of them have it?

I don't believe any of the other Huckebein's had an issue with disappearing, but if all of them had it, why was the 008L the only one to disappear?

_________________
My personal blog: gusteeltamashii.tumblr.com
Watch Gamers Unrated LIVE on Wednesdays @ 3PM Eastern Time at:
www.royalcrownstudios.com/radio!
Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:35 pm 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:40 pm
Posts: 383
Location: A galaxy far far away...
steeltamashii wrote:
Imperial wrote:
It runs on the Annihilation Engine, which is a beefed up form of the Black Hole Engine that became infamous in the Huckebein.


Speaking of which, was the RTX-008L-EX Huckebein EX (the one that vanished along with the base) the only one with the black hole engine, or did all of them have it?

I don't believe any of the other Huckebein's had an issue with disappearing, but if all of them had it, why was the 008L the only one to disappear?


Only the first Huckebein had a Black Hole Engine. The other had traditional fusion reactors, except the Mk III which features a perfected version of the Tronium Engine of the SRX. BTW, the EX is a modified version of the original RTX-008 to include the technology of the Mark II. I doubt that this one has a black hole engine.

As for the Vanishing Trooper incident, it was an accident that happened during the test of the original Huckebein in Mao Industry's moon base. The engine went critical and created a black hole that destroyed half the base. Future research in this technology was forbidden by the EF top brass. In the Divine Wars/Inspector universe this was the reason given to dissapear the Huckebein's from continuity: their research was too dangerous and it was tainted by the back luck of this incident.

_________________
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller

http://www.tropicalgunpla.com A blog on spanish for making gunpla in Central America


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:07 pm 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:26 am
Posts: 1219
nacho-wan wrote:
Imperial wrote:
... It's not a matter of Prana (I think there's really only one kind of Prana anyway)...


It should be just one universal prana type as we had instances when one important pilot requiered an emergency prana transfusion asfter doing something very neat with its mecha (or was the other way around: the mecha did something very neat with its pilot?).

Yeah, I could have been more clear about how unclear the matter is. :D Basically, there's something about surface-dwellers that makes them better pilots for Masouki but there are La Gias natives perfectly capable of piloting the things as well. The narration talks about mental development and 'wild Prana' but it doesn't really get described in detail.

And I think that incident was a bit of both, really. Also, best method of transfusion ever.

steeltamashii wrote:
It also looks like they made a Dreamcast port of Seireiki Rayblade as well, i still have mine, so i might buy that one.

There's an alternate ending for one of the characters only found in the DC version; it's worth it.

Quote:
Does the Granzon require Prana to pilot, (since it is part magical machine, and the Masoukishin require Prana) and if they do, how did Shuu Shirakawa, a native, acquire the Prana required to pilot it? OR is this answered in any of the LoTE games? (If it is, don't tell me)

Like we've said, there are La Gias natives able to operate Masouki. Granzon isn't a Masouki in any event and it's kind of a special case anyways (again, spoiler-y) and only Shuu can pilot it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:38 am 
Offline
Newtype Emo Guy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:34 pm
Posts: 341
Location: Sacramento CA
Both PTX-008 units featured Black Hole Engines. The second unit was sealed after the vanishing trooper incident, but the flaws in it's generator were corrected before it was unsealed and put into use. The PTX-008-EX in the alpha timeline is supposed to be this same second unit, improved with armor and armaments taken from the Mk II, and most likely retains it's black-hole engine. Notably, only these mechs seem capable of using the Black-Hole Cannon.

In the OG timeline, the RTX-009 Huckebein was equipped with a standard generator, as was the Mk II, while the Ex-Bein from The Inspector was confirmed to be the 009 rebuilt with intermediary parts between the Mk II and III for testing, and as such almost certainly also has simply a normal reactor.

As said, the Mk III uses a Tronium engine. So pretty much each generation of Huckebein used a different power source.

_________________
Gundam Models, Reviews, and more at http://www.gundamscope.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:51 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:38 pm
Posts: 76
Location: Pekopon
I can't remember who said Seireiki Rayblade was on PSN, but which store is it in? I couldn't find it in the US store :P

_________________
My personal blog: gusteeltamashii.tumblr.com
Watch Gamers Unrated LIVE on Wednesdays @ 3PM Eastern Time at:
www.royalcrownstudios.com/radio!
Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:36 pm 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:26 am
Posts: 1219
It's a Japanese game that's never been localized, ergo it's on the Japanese PSN.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:58 am 
Offline
War-ending Idol Singer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:43 am
Posts: 2162
Location: sitting next to a cute loli
Bit on technical note that never mention in games, Cybuster's feet claws are very flexible and can handle object like hands (and may be good enough for use in sword fight!). This minor gimmick was intend to use in Cybird mode, but so far never put in use.

_________________
Love hurt, but I won't give up being lolicon.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:22 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:38 pm
Posts: 76
Location: Pekopon
Kuruni wrote:
Bit on technical note that never mention in games, Cybuster's feet claws are very flexible and can handle object like hands (and may be good enough for use in sword fight!). This minor gimmick was intend to use in Cybird mode, but so far never put in use.


That'd be pretty freakin' sweet, a sword fight while the Cybuster is in Cybird mode :D

How good are the feet claws at carrying heavier objects? If they're good, it could be interesting have the Cybuster carrying a mech that is more of a powerhouse, say something like the Grungust or Alteisen, and give it faster mobility (seeming as how the Cybuster, despite it's Masoukishin status, does not have a whole lot of HP in the games, carrying a stronger unit would make it an unstoppable team)

_________________
My personal blog: gusteeltamashii.tumblr.com
Watch Gamers Unrated LIVE on Wednesdays @ 3PM Eastern Time at:
www.royalcrownstudios.com/radio!
Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:34 pm 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:40 pm
Posts: 383
Location: A galaxy far far away...
steeltamashii wrote:
Kuruni wrote:
Bit on technical note that never mention in games, Cybuster's feet claws are very flexible and can handle object like hands (and may be good enough for use in sword fight!). This minor gimmick was intend to use in Cybird mode, but so far never put in use.


That'd be pretty freakin' sweet, a sword fight while the Cybuster is in Cybird mode :D

How good are the feet claws at carrying heavier objects? If they're good, it could be interesting have the Cybuster carrying a mech that is more of a powerhouse, say something like the Grungust or Alteisen, and give it faster mobility (seeming as how the Cybuster, despite it's Masoukishin status, does not have a whole lot of HP in the games, carrying a stronger unit would make it an unstoppable team)


In order to be fast, a mecha should be light. If you pack extra armor you lose mobility and the extraweight slows down the machine.

Using Cybuster to drag the Alt is a bad use of resources IMO.

_________________
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller

http://www.tropicalgunpla.com A blog on spanish for making gunpla in Central America


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:39 am 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:26 am
Posts: 1219
Kuruni wrote:
Bit on technical note that never mention in games, Cybuster's feet claws are very flexible and can handle object like hands (and may be good enough for use in sword fight!).

Well, Terada did mention that the Vanity Ripper would be in 2nd OG as a separate weapon from the Discutter so... triple-weilding attack? :lol: They could bring back Vanity Ripper: Kokuuzanba that way.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:02 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:38 pm
Posts: 76
Location: Pekopon
nacho-wan wrote:
steeltamashii wrote:
Kuruni wrote:
Bit on technical note that never mention in games, Cybuster's feet claws are very flexible and can handle object like hands (and may be good enough for use in sword fight!). This minor gimmick was intend to use in Cybird mode, but so far never put in use.


That'd be pretty freakin' sweet, a sword fight while the Cybuster is in Cybird mode :D

How good are the feet claws at carrying heavier objects? If they're good, it could be interesting have the Cybuster carrying a mech that is more of a powerhouse, say something like the Grungust or Alteisen, and give it faster mobility (seeming as how the Cybuster, despite it's Masoukishin status, does not have a whole lot of HP in the games, carrying a stronger unit would make it an unstoppable team)


In order to be fast, a mecha should be light. If you pack extra armor you lose mobility and the extraweight slows down the machine.

Using Cybuster to drag the Alt is a bad use of resources IMO.


That's true. Swords in Cybird mode would work pretty well too. Another idea that could be cool if they could find a way to incorporate it into the games is the let the player choose which weapons the feet claws can wield, but have the weapons be from another mecha that was destroyed on the field, (say for example the Huckebein's Black Hole Cannon) that you can pick up and equip during the battle.

Arsarcana wrote:
Kuruni wrote:
Bit on technical note that never mention in games, Cybuster's feet claws are very flexible and can handle object like hands (and may be good enough for use in sword fight!).

Well, Terada did mention that the Vanity Ripper would be in 2nd OG as a separate weapon from the Discutter so... triple-weilding attack? :lol: They could bring back Vanity Ripper: Kokuuzanba that way.


Speaking of 2nd OG, i heard the release date got switched from the 29th... is it true?

_________________
My personal blog: gusteeltamashii.tumblr.com
Watch Gamers Unrated LIVE on Wednesdays @ 3PM Eastern Time at:
www.royalcrownstudios.com/radio!
Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:47 am 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:26 am
Posts: 1219
Yeah, it doesn't have a definite date now. As for the picking up dropped weapons idea, way more trouble than it could possibly be worth to code a unique equipment system in for a single machine that doesn't need more weapons in the first place.

Speaking of which, it would be nice if the brought back the weapon summoning effects from @G for the Masouki at some point.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Discussion » Mecha and Technology


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: