Old Gunpla's Manual Scans(pics inside)

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gelgoog Jager

Re: Old Gunpla's Manual Scans(pics inside)

Aren't 80 Gaza Cs too few considering that the Endra alone seems to lose about 20 during the first arc of ZZ?

I also found odd the mention about the Gaza E being developed in response to the losses suffered during the Gryps Conflict: even if we assume that this manual was written before the Gaza E first appeared, it doesn't make sense that it mentions only 250 Gaza C units. IIRC, originally 300 Gaza C units made up the bulk of the Axis forces during the Gryps Conflict, but it was during a retcon later on where these were reduced to 250 units, with the other 50 units now considered to be Gaza E (once such unit even making a cameo on the third Zeta movie), which resulted on a total of 300 Gaza Type MS instead.
toysdream

Eh, these sources are seldom consistent. I think the figures from the Ga Zowm kit manual are the only specific numbers we've been given. Most of the published sources claim that Axis switched production to the Gaza D as soon as it was completed, and it swiftly replaced the Gaza C in the Axis forces, but if you pay attention to the animation this appears to be bogus - the Gaza C remains the mainstay for most of ZZ, and it's not until the very end that the D type appears in any significant numbers.

Where the Endra is concerned, I counted 19 Gaza C and 4 Gaza D units lost by the time the ship is destroyed. Gaza D losses include the three pre-production units used by the Gaza Storm team; Glemy pilots one in episode 12, and Gottn uses one in episode 13 and gets it blown up, and then another one shows up in episode 14 but we don't see what happens to it. (Thus, the Endra may have fielded as few as five units in all.)

In episode 19, we see three Gaza D units patrolling around Axis. In episode 21, the Endra survivors receive another Gaza D as a replacement. A couple show up in episode 22. Finally, in episode 43, we start seeing them in large numbers; there's a formation of 12 patrolling around Core 3, and it seems like there are a lot more in the area during the subsequent fighting.

Since it takes so long for the Gaza D to show up in mass quantities, then, it seems likely that Axis kept the Gaza C in production well into ZZ. So I expect the numbers would rebound quickly from their post-Gryps 2 low.

-- Mark
Gelgoog Jager

By the way, was production of the Gaza E cancelled at some point? As I understand it was meant to act as a SFS for other MS during the Earth Invasion, but maybe the availability of large number Base Jabbers could have led to a change of plans.

On the same note, should the Gaza C truly be capable of ground combat? We have seen them fighting inside colonies, and in a Gihren's Greed video they are even seen landing on Earth. But the way the 2nd Zeta movie depicted them, with their body parts loosely connected to each other, to the point that they were constantly bouncing off each other, made me consider that maybe they were not actually meant to operate under gravity. Any thoughts on this?
JEFFPIATT

that may have been an animated reference to older kit manuals where it has an mention that when the AEUG examined an Gaza C they noted that after an number of deployments the fame of the suit would fly apart. the C was converted from an line of construction ms the type D fixed the issue but the C was aimed to make axis look more like an formidable fighting force with modern ms when they barely had an force of truly modern ms only prototypes and upgraded late model oyo units and captured EFF RMS units.
toysdream

Just by the way, I was looking through the Gundam Sentinel book, and it does give an alternate production number for the Gaza C - here it says that "almost 300 units" had been produced by the time Axis directly encountered the Federation Forces. Same ballpark as the Ga Zowm kit manual, although technically that source says the total production run was 250 units, while Sentinel's figure only reflects those produced prior to the arrival of Axis.

-- Mark
Gelgoog Jager

toysdream wrote:Just by the way, I was looking through the Gundam Sentinel book, and it does give an alternate production number for the Gaza C - here it says that "almost 300 units" had been produced by the time Axis directly encountered the Federation Forces. Same ballpark as the Ga Zowm kit manual, although technically that source says the total production run was 250 units, while Sentinel's figure only reflects those produced prior to the arrival of Axis.

-- Mark
That fits better with what we see during ZZ.

By the way, are there any production figures for any other Axis/Neo Zeon MS on the manuals of their model kits?

IIRC at the Battle of Axis the combined Neo Zeon forces would have amounted to 800 MS. From what we can observe, by then the Gaza D has become the most common MS and probably makes up the majority of both sides forces. Meanwhile, the Gaza C is still around but in fewer numbers and instead units like the Dreissen, Zssa and Gallus J (supposedly a limited mass production unit) now appear in large quantities.

On the other hand, even after the end of the last battle we still don't get to see even 10 units of either the Ga-Zowmn, Zaku III, Dooben Wolf and Bawoo during the entire show. The last two could be justified by the idea that they both enetered mass production too late on the conflict, but there should definitely be more units of the Zaku III and Ga-Zowmn around given their background.
balofo

1999 strikes again! Hopefully someday they'll help us complete this collection. This time the remaining F91 ones and a X one.

http://imageshack.us/a/img33/374/bergagirosmanual.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img708/2685/heavygunmanual.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img33/7781/guntankr44manual.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img402/4278/f91manual.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img835/1916/gcannonmanual.jpg

I don't know if the F91 are legible, but here are some questions:
-Guntank R44: the kana says there's a plan also for a beam cannon instead of the 200mm launcher?
-Heavygun: the beam rifle paragraph means a limiter, perhaps to limit damage to the colony? I guess it also says the grenades are for colony combat and are anti armor
-G Cannon: it mentions the F90S lineage, also it says it can't use a shield because of the arm beam guns? The beam rifle having a Full Barrels ups the destructive power?
-Berga Giros: does it say the Shel Nozzle can be used to attack? Also the beam shield paragraph says it's based on beam saber technology?
AmuroNT1

The G-Cannon can't use a beam shield because the beam guns take up the block of space where a shield would go.

Regarding the Berga Giros, Gundam Extreme Vs. gave it the ability to launch its shelf nozzles like missiles. Originally I assumed they just made that up to pad its movelist, but it'd be kind of cool if it were a documented but unused feature.

As for beam shields, the idea that they use beam saber tech has been there since Day 1.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Wingnut

AmuroNT1 wrote:Regarding the Berga Giros, Gundam Extreme Vs. gave it the ability to launch its shelf nozzles like missiles. Originally I assumed they just made that up to pad its movelist, but it'd be kind of cool if it were a documented but unused feature.
Actually, it's a blink-and-you'll-miss it part of the movie. Zabine actually launches half of his shelf nozzles at Annamarie's Dagi Iris after she had cut off his left arm as a diversion to get in close and take out her beam rifle with some machine gun fire before pumping her cockpit full of lead at point blank range.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
AmuroNT1

Guess I missed that...then again, I only ever saw F91 once... :)
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

Thanks to Derringer we have 2 new contributions:

Nu Fin Fannel 1/144

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/nu1000002.jpg/

Nu 1/100 Full Action
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/nu1000001.jpg/

**Could some translator bro translate the Beam Rifle entry on the 1/144 one, since it mentions a Grenade Launcher and this has always bugged me since it's only mentioned here
Cmdr Harabec

I can't translate it, but I can tell you that the grenade launcher is the upper barrel on the beam rifle - or supposed to be, anyways.
balofo

Cmdr Harabec wrote:I can't translate it, but I can tell you that the grenade launcher is the upper barrel on the beam rifle - or supposed to be, anyways.
Yeah that's the only place that makes sense, yet I'd like to know what the text says since this weapon is even on the mahq profile
Mark064

The part of the grenade launcher may disappoint you as it says something like: "On top of the mega particle cannon's gun barrel a grenade launcher is mounted."
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
balofo

Mark064 wrote:The part of the grenade launcher may disappoint you as it says something like: "On top of the mega particle cannon's gun barrel a grenade launcher is mounted."
Thanks! Should we consider this a canon armament?