VPS Armor Color and Trans Phase Armor

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Calubin_175

VPS Armor Color and Trans Phase Armor

Has it ever been confirmed that the darker color settings of VPS armors such as red and black boast more defense? It has been said that The Testament Gundam's red is more durable than its white setting. I also remembered reading that the Sword Impulse has stronger armor, but I am not sure how it compares with the Blast Silhouette settings.

The PG Strike Rouge manual did state that it became red due to the use of the power extender, imply that more power is allocated to the PS(VPS) Armor. Similarly, Sven's replica Strike with the power extender and IWSP equipped sports a darker color scheme than Kira's original unit.

The Strike E under the IWSP setting has a white color scheme, implying weaker armor and perhaps higher consumption with the IWSP than the Noir Striker. After all, the IWSP does have LONG range rail guns which is absent in the close range combat Noir Striker.

Another question is whether the VPS armor incorporates the Trans Phase system whereby it works similar to reactive armor which activates the 2nd layer PS armor via sensor signals upon impact of the 1st normal armored layer.
Kuruni

Re: VPS Armor Color and Trans Phase Armor

For the last question, nope, VPS is alway active unless you turn it off. TP active on impact.
My girlfriend was a loli.
azrael

You might wanna review this thread: http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8619
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Calubin_175

It's overall a bit odd and I don't think I can apply the color coding concept onto non-VPS PS suits and single color scheme option VPS models or ones that have no examples of different colors. Hence, I'll just stick with using the Strike Rouge(replica strike included), the Strike E and Impulse as relevant examples.

But in the end it won't make sense anyway since they're just designers' visual rationalisations.

Does anyone have the Destiny Impulse debut article? It does have three different color schemes and the blue one was featured in MSV Senki.

If the color coding for early PS models holds, how about the Librarian recycled ones from VS Astray, especially with the red Blitz?