Difference between DRAGOON's and "Mobile Beam Turret System"

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Red Zaku

Difference between DRAGOON's and "Mobile Beam Turret System"

Ok, so Akatsuki's Shiranui pack uses 7 guided weapons that Orb refers to as the guided mobile beam turret system. Is there any actual difference in how this system operates to say DRAGOON's and Super DRAGOON's? I mean, apart from being able to directly copy the beam shield generation abilities of Nu Gundam I don't see much difference between the two systems.
"I'M THE CRIMSON LIGHTNING DAMNIT!" - Johnny Ridden
Dark Duel

Re: Difference between DRAGOON's and "Mobile Beam Turret Sys

That does seem to be the only difference between the "mobile beam turret" of the Akatsuki and the DRAGOON System of, say, the Dreadnought Gundam - which was constructed, incidentally, by Orb (Specifically at Ame-no-Mihashira, by Rondo Mina Sahaku, at the behest of Lowe Gear - see X Astray volume 2)

Chances are the two systems are identical, but they're called something else on the Akatsuki because the designer felt like it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Antares

Or, like I suggested in Red Zaku's art thread, maybe they renamed it to not get sued? :D

Thanks to Dark Duel for reminding me about the Dreadnought; it would actually make sense that Rondo Mina Sahaku would create the Dreadnought's DRAGOON system from the specs delivered by Lowe (one would expect the specs to be original ZAFT design specs?). I know Lowe said that Sahaku couldn't keep the specs, but I would imagine they could ferret out enough when building the thing. Then after Junk Guild clears off, Sahaku figures that the DRAGOON system might be a good system to build and sell but under a different name. Old tech, new name, with all the credit and profits going to Ame-no-Mihashira (I expected even she wouldn't mind additional sources of income).

Considering that the Akatsuki was commissioned in CE 71, and the Astray X incidence took place the same year, it might not be too far-fetched to suggest that Sahaku had provided the tech Orb would then use in the Akatsuki's turrets.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Dark Duel

Antares wrote:one would expect the specs to be original ZAFT design specs?
They were indeed - the large DRAGOON units of the Providence were based on the Dreadnought's design.
And yeah, that's what I figure happened. Lowe asked Mina not to keep any data, but she did anyway.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

Well, Lowe said they will delete all data afterward. But that doesn't mean Orb's engineers who working on X Astray upgrade can't write down note using good old pencil and paper :mrgreen: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Red Zaku

Kuruni wrote:Well, Lowe said they will delete all data afterward. But that doesn't mean Orb's engineers who working on X Astray upgrade can't write down note using good old pencil and paper :mrgreen: .
Yes, but wasn't the Akatsuki commissioned for development by Uzumi? And Rondo Mina didn't get her hands on the data for the Dreadnought until after Uzumi's death by the Archangel is back in space and working with Waltfeldt by then. Unless the pack's were developed later, but I figured Akatsuki's development was much liek the Strike's in that the packs were being created simultaneously.
"I'M THE CRIMSON LIGHTNING DAMNIT!" - Johnny Ridden
Antares

Considering it was old man Uzumi, I wouldn't be surprised if his commissioning of the thing had just said "big-ass golden Gundam so my daughter can protect Orb from war by using this massive mobile weapon of mass destruction". :mrgreen:

Since Orb didn't have an active role in space as a nation (Sahakus were solo and Heliopolis was demolished), and the turrets are on the Shiranui space-pack, maybe that really was a later addition.

Guys at Orb had finished the Akatsuki with the Oowashi pack when Rondo Mina Sahaku waltzes in, telling them she has this freaking sweet thing, and that she isn't giving it away for nothing. As eager as the engineers are to honor the memory of Uzumi, they spare no expense in adding a second pack for the Gundam. So why not a space-pack too? You know, just in case their princess decides to give the thing away after piloting it once to a random dude who will then take it up to space. ;)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.