The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Arvis Taljik

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

I just hope they don't go with an Impulse-like combination transform. That's just way too busy and eats up too much screen time that can better be served with more story or more explosions. :)
reeoyuy

AGE-3 head.

That's one unique V-fin there. Not that it forms a V anymore with that wide angle.
Dark Duel

Unusual, yes. Unique, not so much. We've seen a Gundam with a V-Fin like that before. And it's not too different from the AGE-2's, either.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SonicSP

Dark Duel wrote:Unusual, yes. Unique, not so much. We've seen a Gundam with a V-Fin like that before. And it's not too different from the AGE-2's, either.
They also happen to be designed by the same person in this case, so that's probably one reason why they might be similar.
Homeless

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Arsarcana

So they've kept the big ZZ-esque shoulders but the gun was redesigned to be a bit less Hyper Mega Cannon-ish and more 00-ish and the forearms and knees lost the detailing that also looked ZZ-ish. On the basis of this admitedly incomplete picture I think I prefered the original leaked look but it's not bad.

Also, the core of the design is (big shock) called the Core Fighter. Presumably the bit behind the head was added over the original design to account for the transforming torso block. It seems like the arm/leg ensemble is called the 'G-Sceptre'.
SonicSP

Arsarcana wrote:So they've kept the big ZZ-esque shoulders but the gun was redesigned to be a bit less Hyper Mega Cannon-ish and more 00-ish and the forearms and knees lost the detailing that also looked ZZ-ish. On the basis of this admitedly incomplete picture I think I prefered the original leaked look but it's not bad.

Also, the core of the design is (big shock) called the Core Fighter. Presumably the bit behind the head was added over the original design to account for the transforming torso block. It seems like the arm/leg ensemble is called the 'G-Sceptre'.
Where exactly do you mean by "core of he design"?
Arsarcana

It might be a bit hasty to say but what I inferred from the picture of the Normal and the way the arms and legs were shown separately for the Wear Parts is that the backpack folds over the upper torso to become the Core Fighter while the arms and legs form the second component. Part of that interpretation comes from the small picture next to the BFG that looks like a combination of the upper torso where the arms plug in and the bit behind the head. It could be something entirely different (some sort of modeling gimmick or whatnot, the text is unreadable) but that was my impression.
Midi_Amp

Arsarcana wrote: Presumably the bit behind the head was added over the original design to account for the transforming torso block. It seems like the arm/leg ensemble is called the 'G-Sceptre'.
I hope I'm dead wrong, but is that protruding thingie behind the head... Is the core fighter? So instead of transforming, it just wedge there on the back? I hope I'm wrong. At first I thought that the 3 upper top left picture is the core fighter and the rest of the body, while the small thing is the core fighter folded to dock with the rest of the body.

I prefer the old ZZ inspired design, never had any problem with it. Right now it looks okay, but lacks the "grunt" and "weight" of the ZZ inspired leaked image.
nacho-wan

Ok its official, Age is a tribute to the mechanics of early UC styled in 00 elements. Seriously, the Age 3 has a mega launcher in the head? It was plain silly in the 80's with the ZZ, today is much worse. At least the Vegan suits are being more creative.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Gelgoog Jager

In an earlier post I mentioned the existance of a third Zedas in the Op, which is dark and yellow, while the Decil's unit is dark and gray, and Zeheart's unit is dark and red. The last episode confirmed that these units are especifically menat to be used by Age's equivalent of a Newtype, an X-Rounder.

Given this situation I think the 3 Zedas are actually a small tribute to the Baund Doc from Zeta, not only we have units of the same 3 colors (well, except Gates' unit which is mostly gray as it is also the prototype of the 3 units, just like Decil's), they are transformable newtype units that lack remote controlled weapons and have both physical and beam melee weapons.

My only question would be: If this is indeed the case, could that mean that the yellow Zedas will not appear outside of the Op, meeting the same fate as Jerid's yellow Baund Doc which was never animated?
SonicSP

Gelgoog Jager wrote:The last episode confirmed that these units are especifically menat to be used by Age's equivalent of a Newtype, an X-Rounder.
When and how did they confirm it?
Gelgoog Jager

SonicSP wrote:
Gelgoog Jager wrote:The last episode confirmed that these units are especifically menat to be used by Age's equivalent of a Newtype, an X-Rounder.
When and how did they confirm it?
In the segment with the SD Asumu talking about the Zedas R at the end of the episode he mentions that.
Homeless

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Arbiter GUNDAM

G-Bouncer? Really? What is with this show and weird, dumb names?

On a more positive note, I actually like the Age-3 much more than the -1 or -2.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Ferrus_Manus

Hm, it seems that the Adele is able to use the Titus- and Spallow-equipment. I hope they are going to use this in the series.
Iron in Mind. Iron in Body
Calubin_175

Adele
As it utilises a frame that is developed from that of the AGE-1, the weapons can be shared. However, it is prepared with a newly designed Dods Rifle as its main firearm. This rifle maintains the same strength as that of the AGE-1, and due to the enhancement in its sensors, it omits the precision firing mode, hence increasing cost performance. In addition, it carries on the AGE-1's ability to switch into wears/wares of Titus, Spallow and etc according to the combat situation. It is pretty much said to be a mass produced Gundam, leaving remarkable combat records on many battlefields.

Earth Federation Force
Though they're behind in MS development compared to Vagan, after the appearance of the Gundam, its technology was analysed in detail, and though the AGE System was not mass produced, know how such as the various weapons and the basic frame of the AGE-1 became to be widely adopted. Due to this revolution in technology, the Federation Force progresses to strengthen their military arms.

G Bouncer
Whilst it uses a basic frame referenced from the structure of the AGE-1, it omits the wear system that the Adele utilises, and it is fixed with a speed focused configuration based on the Spallow. The letter G in its name is attached by Wulf independently, and this can make it easily mistook for a machine from the lineage of the G-Exes. In general, it is a different machine.
SonicSP

Calubin_175 wrote:Adele
As it utilises a frame that is developed from that of the AGE-1, the weapons can be shared. However, it is prepared with a newly designed Dods Rifle as its main firearm. This rifle maintains the same strength as that of the AGE-1, and due to the enhancement in its sensors, it omits the precision firing mode, hence increasing cost performance. In addition, it carries on the AGE-1's ability to switch into wears/wares of Titus, Spallow and etc according to the combat situation. It is pretty much said to be a mass produced Gundam, leaving remarkable combat records on many battlefields.

Earth Federation Force
Though they're behind in MS development compared to Vagan, after the appearance of the Gundam, its technology was analysed in detail, and though the AGE System was not mass produced, know how such as the various weapons and the basic frame of the AGE-1 became to be widely adopted. Due to this revolution in technology, the Federation Force progresses to strengthen their military arms.

G Bouncer
Whilst it uses a basic frame referenced from the structure of the AGE-1, it omits the wear system that the Adele utilises, and it is fixed with a speed focused configuration based on the Spallow. The letter G in its name is attached by Wulf independently, and this can make it easily mistook for a machine from the lineage of the G-Exes. In general, it is a different machine.
Question about the EF section, are you combining the info from both manuals or is it under the Adele's?

Thanks for the translation by the way, this is super awesome.
Homeless

It is from the EFF section next to the Adele's profile.
YokozunaBulldozer

Just realized G-Bouncer has Spallow legs. :)

It is interesting how AGE-3's additional wears are very Dom and Reborn's Gundam-ish.
As for the combining sequence all I want to hear is "FINAAAAAAALLL FUUUUUUSSIOOOONN!"
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER