The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ShadowCell

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

why bother when the AGE system could just barf out another weapon set instead--like the Spallow.
Homeless

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Calubin_175

The Hyper Dods is strong enough to penetrate two mobile suit targets. Asem used to pilot the Age-1 a year before he got the Age-2.
SonicSP

Does the manual mention whether its upgraded from the AGE-1 or is a whole new suit?
yazi88

The black Mech from "Memories of Sid" from the new Gundam Age 2nd Generation side story looks exactly like the G-bouncer, just that it's black instead of white.
Midi_Amp

SonicSP wrote:Does the manual mention whether its upgraded from the AGE-1 or is a whole new suit?
I was just about to ask the same question. I got this feeling that the climax ending battle will have all three AGE mobile suits gather up fighting the "final boss", but if the AGE-2 is an upgrade to the existing AGE-1, there goes my 0.2 cents.
VentZX

Midi_Amp wrote:
SonicSP wrote:Does the manual mention whether its upgraded from the AGE-1 or is a whole new suit?
I was just about to ask the same question. I got this feeling that the climax ending battle will have all three AGE mobile suits gather up fighting the "final boss", but if the AGE-2 is an upgrade to the existing AGE-1, there goes my 0.2 cents.
Summaries for the upcoming episodes have Asem piloting the AGE-1 before finally being given the new AGE-2. I'm almost positive the AGE-1 will get the MK-II treatment. It also makes sense for Asem to start off in the AGE-1, because it will allow for the AGE device to gather data to be used to design the AGE-2.
Arbiter GUNDAM

That's interesting. I honestly thought that the Age-1 would be rebuilt into the Age-2.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Newtype87

VentZX wrote:
Midi_Amp wrote:
Summaries for the upcoming episodes have Asem piloting the AGE-1 before finally being given the new AGE-2. I'm almost positive the AGE-1 will get the MK-II treatment. It also makes sense for Asem to start off in the AGE-1, because it will allow for the AGE device to gather data to be used to design the AGE-2.
Which makes even more sense, considering what we've seen of AGE-3 looks a bit like a modernized Double Zeta. So, this could conceivably eventually become like ZZ, with all of the former protagonist Gundams being used at the same time. Though I would wonder how horrifically outdated AGE-1 will be by the point AGE-3 comes along. Maybe they'll give it a G-Defenser-like pack?
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
Arvis Taljik

I don't know how interested people are in the warships of the series, but it seems we've gotten a glimpse at three generations of warship design thanks to the "Mars Birthday" flashback in Episode 15. The flashback shows what is apparently some kind of light cruiser/destroyer that shares all of its design elements with the later Zalam and Euba cruisers and the EFF's Darwin-class battleship. Would be interesting though to see if these smaller ships are still in service 150 years later, as they don't seem to be any less advanced than the ships currently in use.

We also get to see how they construct colonies in the same flashback.
SonicSP

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:That's interesting. I honestly thought that the Age-1 would be rebuilt into the Age-2.
That possibly still be the case although Homeless said that the wording of the manual/Gundam.info page suggests that it's just bring built off it's data as a new suit. Because there's going to be a one year timeskip between seeing Asem piloting the AGE-1 and eventually enlisting and piloting the AGE-2, it's always possible for it to be upgraded into AGE-2 in the mean time. Afterall, limbs are easily replaceable with new ones and only the torso needs modification in the same frame scenario.

I'm personally hoping they be separate though just so we can see the protaganists team up at the end in their original suits; that would be quite cool.
Newtype87

SonicSP wrote:
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:That's interesting. I honestly thought that the Age-1 would be rebuilt into the Age-2.
That possibly still be the case although Homeless said that the wording of the manual/Gundam.info page suggests that it's just bring built off it's data as a new suit. Because there's going to be a one year timeskip between seeing Asem piloting the AGE-1 and eventually enlisting and piloting the AGE-2, it's always possible for it to be upgraded into AGE-2 in the mean time. Afterall, limbs are easily replaceable with new ones and only the torso needs modification in the same frame scenario.

I'm personally hoping they be separate though just so we can see the protaganists team up at the end in their original suits; that would be quite cool.
Wow. By the end of Gundam AGE, wouldn't that make Flit the oldest onscreen Gundam pilot in history? Except maybe for Setsuna at the end of A Wakening of the Trailblazer.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
DuelGundam2099

So.... Does Not-Big Zam have an official name?
Homeless

Defurse. Gerra specifically mentioned it in episode 14.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
SonicSP

Newtype87 wrote:
SonicSP wrote:

Wow. By the end of Gundam AGE, wouldn't that make Flit the oldest onscreen Gundam pilot in history? Except maybe for Setsuna at the end of A Wakening of the Trailblazer.
Assuming he survives Asem's chapter that is. I do hope we get to see him pilot something, even he's not in his former spotlight.
Homeless

Dorado model booklet:
http://i.imgur.com/VidHw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Z40Wg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/A0XbC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Ccswa.jpg

Armament: Beam Vulcan/Saber, Beam Rifle, Diffuse Beam Cannon, and 3-Linked Beam Vulcan

Zedas R model booklet:
http://i.imgur.com/cY2CI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H3k2W.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9w6DX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QgUCZ.jpg

Armament remains the same.
Calubin_175

As the Dorado has a different operating environment from the Gafran, it has the long distance flight mode transformation omitted, and has instead heighten mobility for under gravity use. There are customised commander variants with their general performance and weapons slightly arranged.

While Veigan has their Gafran's successor model, the Dorado, in full mass production, they're also continuing to develop some X-Rounder use mobile suits. The X-Rounder compatibility, which was being incorporated as a minor modification to the Zedas, is imperfect. Later on this compatibility is perfected in newer models(Zeydra perhaps).

I don't really get the difference between the usage of the Gafran and Dorado. Perhaps the Gafrans were meant to traverse long distances from their mothership to the target colony of attack, while the Dorado are lauched from some more stealth advanced motherships closer from the target colonies, and then intended to subjugate the colonies, rather than to destroy them.
Sume Gai

It could mean that AGE is shifting to earth as well, we know the Defurze was meant to operate under gravity so it's clear the UE have some interest in Earth
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
SonicSP

Calubin_175 wrote:As the Dorado has a different operating environment from the Gafran, it has the long distance flight mode transformation omitted, and has instead heighten mobility for under gravity use. There are customised commander variants with their general performance and weapons slightly arranged.

While Veigan has their Gafran's successor model, the Dorado, in full mass production, they're also continuing to develop some X-Rounder use mobile suits. The X-Rounder compatibility, which was being incorporated as a minor modification to the Zedas, is imperfect. Later on this compatibility is perfected in newer models(Zeydra perhaps).
Wow, that's a lot of information for an AGE HG. Thanks a lot.
E08

It is rather interesting that while the newer batch of UE MS have their long distance flight capability removed, the AGE system seems to find such ability useful and incorporated it into AGE-2 through the strider mode.