The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Midi_Amp

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

E08 wrote:It is rather interesting that while the newer batch of UE MS have their long distance flight capability removed, the AGE system seems to find such ability useful and fincorporated it into AGE-2 through the strider mode.
The AGE system through the series is consistent in one thing, producing a suitable system for an immediate threat. Considering that the Stryder mode or AGE-2 in particular should be a product of the AGE system, and the Stryder mode looks like Zedas transformation rip off, is it safe to assume that the Zedas R will have higher performance characteristic than the Zedas?

Another interesting aspect is that up until Flit's younger years arc, the AGE system mimics and improve a threat rather than creating a counter unit. The Titus was created to overpower the Baqto and the Spallow to beat Zedas in speed. Now with the second arc, the AGE-2 have similar transformation as Zedas/R, and the Double Bullet wear system seems like a mimic of that UE with the same shoulder cannons... Now...If the trend continues... What would be of AGE-3 enemies? If the ZZ inspired combining mobile suit leaked last year is true (the AGE-2 came true), will the UE be bigger?
SonicSP

Pretty sure it's a safe assumption to think Zedas R is better than Zedas. If not, then that's just sad really.

I say that depends heavily on how the AGE-2 is developed, it might also have human input in it, being the next Gen machine and all although AGE-S is very likely involved in some way. I have a feeling it may not be an immediet counter like Titus and Spallow but more of a general upgrade using a specific characteristic as a focal point; which in this case is a transformable Jet. The Diva's upgrade wasn't particularly based on a specific counter measure target unit either and I think the DODS is a by of taking a creative spin on a basic principle or concept of beam weapon on a general enemy which work well on most things although I guess one could also argue it was copying and improving the Gafran's general purposeness.
Geoxile

It would seem the Age 1 Normal has been updated (internally). Vargas mentions the performance is higher in the newest episode as they take it out.

The new dorados are also apparently updated compared to the Gafran, they're seen blocking beams from the rifles of the new shaldolls and the Genoace is apparently completely outmatched as well.
E08

Midi_Amp wrote:The AGE system through the series is consistent in one thing, producing a suitable system for an immediate threat. Considering that the Stryder mode or AGE-2 in particular should be a product of the AGE system, and the Stryder mode looks like Zedas transformation rip off, is it safe to assume that the Zedas R will have higher performance characteristic than the Zedas?
Seeing as how ep 16 mentions that UE is expending their territory, i wonder if the AGE system or the human developers of AGE-2 take that into account when designing the strider mode. Since Zedas R has some(it is incomplete afterall) X-rounder compatibiliy, i suppose it might be more sensitive to X-rounder control and if that is the case, i think it should be stronger than Zedas since X-rounder can now use it more effectively.
Midi_Amp wrote:Another interesting aspect is that up until Flit's younger years arc, the AGE system mimics and improve a threat rather than creating a counter unit. The Titus was created to overpower the Baqto and the Spallow to beat Zedas in speed. Now with the second arc, the AGE-2 have similar transformation as Zedas/R, and the Double Bullet wear system seems like a mimic of that UE with the same shoulder cannons... Now...If the trend continues... What would be of AGE-3 enemies? If the ZZ inspired combining mobile suit leaked last year is true (the AGE-2 came true), will the UE be bigger?
I have some kind of feeling that for AGE-2, the different forms may not be designed to counter a specific threat but to handle different situations instead.

Thanks to the OP, we now know that the leg wear parts for AGE-2 only involve changing the internal waist components(?) and legs, leaving the waist armor alone. The arm wear parts still involve changing the whole arm though. I feel that is a bit wasted since in DB only the shoulder component changes and the only change in the arm is the color of the wrist armor. Perhaps that may change with the unrevealed 3rd form?

If the appearance of the UE MS in the intro is any indication, then that means that Dorado may have been designed alongside or slightly later than Defurse and Zeydra is developed after khronos.

Dorado can block beam sabers too.
Arsarcana

Geoxile wrote:and the Genoace is apparently completely outmatched as well.
Gee, that's a shock. :roll:
Geoxile

Well, Genoace II. You think they'd improve the beam rifles on those things
latenlazy

Presumably they did, but the Dorada improved the armour.
SonicSP

Geoxile wrote:Well, Genoace II. You think they'd improve the beam rifles on those things
Maybe they did. It may be the DODS Gun model we saw at the end of last arc which was relatively more effective than prior beams againts the Veigans then, but like the the AGE-1 it could have gotten an internal upgrade since then. The Dorado is relatively new, I reckon the EFF equivalent would be the Adele that they're rolling out.
VentZX

I think you guys forget that even the Gundam's DODS Rifle was useless against the Baqto's shielding system (whether it was special armor or an I-Field type barrier). The Genoace II and Shaldoll Customs WERE using the same kind of DODS Rifle derivative that we saw towards the end of the AGE1 episodes. It's not a shocker they'd not work over a new model Veigan MS like the Dorado.

Anyway, a standard issue DODS Rifle might not be effective, but keep in mind that the AGE-2 gets a Hyper DODS Rifle.
SonicSP

The derivitive DODS that the Shaldoll Custom and Genoace II are using is called the "DODS Gun" I believe. The Adele is getting a "DODS Rifle" as well, and will probably a standard for Adeles. Don't know how well its going to work though I will be surprised if the Dorados are totally immune to it.

G-Bouncer is getting a "DODS Rifle" as well but it probably doesn't count as standard issue like the Adele's will be.
Geoxile

VentZX wrote:I think you guys forget that even the Gundam's DODS Rifle was useless against the Baqto's shielding system (whether it was special armor or an I-Field type barrier). The Genoace II and Shaldoll Customs WERE using the same kind of DODS Rifle derivative that we saw towards the end of the AGE1 episodes. It's not a shocker they'd not work over a new model Veigan MS like the Dorado.

Anyway, a standard issue DODS Rifle might not be effective, but keep in mind that the AGE-2 gets a Hyper DODS Rifle.
I'm 90% sure during episode 15 the Age-1 Normal's DODS rifle destroyed a Baqto in a single hit, during the ambush scene.
Homeless

The Gundam was using a beam saber. The DODS Rifle was destroyed awhile before that scene.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
SonicSP

Makes me wonder if he were to hypothetically be that good and that mad earlier, he probably wouldn't have needed the Titus at all.

Maybe AGE can engineer it right before he uses it to break into the Ambat then!!!
reeoyuy

I was afraid that Double Bullet can't transform due to the lack of picture of said form until now. But it's finally here, and yes, like a Gaplant indeed.
mal_tiempo

Has any noticed the difference in the animation of beams deflecting off of UE/Veigan mobile suits? Whereas before they seemed to splash off the physical armor itself, these Dorados seemed to have some sort of shielding like an I-Field outside of the armor. Any info on that? Maybe I'm just seeing things...
If you lower the bar enough, Stephen Hawking can jump hurdles.
SonicSP

reeoyuy wrote:I was afraid that Double Bullet can't transform due to the lack of picture of said form until now. But it's finally here, and yes, like a Gaplant indeed.
I like that the Twin DODS Cannons are pointing forwards, that part looks nice. Will have to see it from more angles to decide how I feel about the form though. I reckon aerodynamics aren't a big factor in how its going to perform, or factored through another way (like the Flag, who uses an EM Field to make it aerodynamic).
mal_tiempo wrote:Has any noticed the difference in the animation of beams deflecting off of UE/Veigan mobile suits? Whereas before they seemed to splash off the physical armor itself, these Dorados seemed to have some sort of shielding like an I-Field outside of the armor. Any info on that? Maybe I'm just seeing things...
I think the Defurse and the Baqto has similar mechanisms as well. Don't remember the Baqto's very well which could be the same or the different, but I believe the Dorado's effect is not that much different from the Defurse.
Homeless

The Baqto has electromagnetic armor, according to the model manual, and judging from animation the Defurse and Dorado seem to as well.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
SonicSP

I seem to have missed that translation, but thanks that's very good to know.
Homeless

It is because you ignore the Baqto thread on AGEs, Sonic. =/

I do hope we see Gafran and Baqto still running around in Asemu's chapter, as the OP kind of implies. It'd make sense, as they're still suited for different environments than the Dorado and are both still capable of gunning down Genoaces and Shaldolls.
SonicSP

As far as the Gafran are concerned at least, I say the Long Range flight thing gives them a certain aspect that the Dorado doesn't seem to have so for missions for long travels, they're worth might be increased.

A Gafran MK-II with improved performance doesn't seem like a bad idea for those types of siatuations if you ask me.