The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
RLZIII

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

With new official images of the HG Gundam AGE-1, we finally get a clear view of the Gundam's back. http://www.mobilesuitgundam.net/models- ... 1-Back.jpg
SonicSP

The backpack is okay, but I really dislike those blue "wings" it has. That pretty much the only thing I dislike about the AGE-1 so far. It still looks better than I expected from what the previous image(s) may suggest about the backpack.

It really looks like it can be a Core Fighter there. Maybe that's why its there.
SNT1

Back of the legs' style and angles does look like something from the 00 universe. Same designer...

It really doesn't help my opinion much about this RX-78-rehash, though.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Dark Duel

Backpack's a little odd, but pretty cool. Still hate that spoiler though. Of course, the main problem I have is with the front of the head (faceplate is HUGE relative to the size of the head on the HG).
Love the design of the waist and limbs though.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ironscythe
Location: Jaburo Base, sitting on top of an undetonated nuke.

SonicSP wrote:It really looks like it can be a Core Fighter there. Maybe that's why its there.
That does seem to be what it suggests, but none of the revealed merchandise (including the 1/48 Mega-scale AGE-1) shows any indication of moving parts to allow for transformation into a core fighter. There is also evidence to the contrary in that the RGE-790B GENOACE and Gafran models and toys can also swap arms and legs as seen here.

At this point, I won't place my money on any particular method of parts swapping, but here's my list of possibilities:
1. In-hangar refitting.
2. Launching parts for mid-air docking (with or without core fighter).
3. "magical transformation" (insert high-tech explanation of choice here).
4. Burning spirit (hey, it works for Gao Gai Gar and any number of other combining mecha)
"gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero"
Geoxile

I wonder if they'll sell turbo and supercharger kits for the new ricer gundam? They already have two body kits in the works.
ironscythe
Location: Jaburo Base, sitting on top of an undetonated nuke.

Geoxile wrote:I wonder if they'll sell turbo and supercharger kits for the new ricer gundam? They already have two body kits in the works.
You know, some people might just find that term offensive. If you mean to say that you think the presence of a control surface resembling a car spoiler makes it something akin to a customized Japanese sports car, then please say so without use of discriminatory language.

Seriously. It's just lame.
"gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero"
Kenji

Yeah, let's stop with the "ricer" talk, shall we?
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
SonicSP

The shoulders of the Sparrow really reminds of Avalanche Exia's shoulders.
SNT1

Geoxile wrote:I wonder if they'll sell turbo and supercharger kits for the new ricer gundam? They already have two body kits in the works.
AGE isn't the first gundam to feature custom "body kits", and won't be the first to feature "turbo and supercharger" kits (in the vein of added performance features i.e. GP01->fB, Strike -> Aile Strike you get the point).
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Dark Duel

SonicSP wrote:The shoulders of the Sparrow really reminds of Avalanche Exia's shoulders.
I dunno, Avalanche Exia's shoulders were kinda huge. If anything, IMO they look more like Plutone's.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
JEFFPIATT

SNT1 wrote:
AGE isn't the first gundam to feature custom "body kits", and won't be the first to feature "turbo and supercharger" kits (in the vein of added performance features i.e. GP01->fB, Strike -> Aile Strike you get the point).
and those are only the animated ones the F90 gundam is still the closest to this gundam and its mission packs. the CE packs tended to stay backpack docked components while the GP01 fb was originally planed as a core fighter swap that would put an thruster laden backpack on the gundam that became an entire refit of the base gundam.
SonicSP

Dark Duel wrote:
SonicSP wrote:The shoulders of the Sparrow really reminds of Avalanche Exia's shoulders.
I dunno, Avalanche Exia's shoulders were kinda huge. If anything, IMO they look more like Plutone's.
Sorry, I think I meant the shoulder plate armor design as opposed to the whole shoulder. Avalanche Exia had similar pattern to thos of Sparrow. Definitely Ebikawa's handiwork.
Dark Duel

Yeah, there I'd agree that there's a similarity too. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing that thing in motion once the anime gets started.
The Bolt Gundam-esque AGE Titus should be interesting too...

azrael

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/06/h ... hobby.html

Looking over the HG 1/144, AGE-1 Normal doesn't look half bad. In fact, they probably dumb down the look for animation just to make it easier to animate just like they did for 00 season 2.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
SonicSP

Dark Duel wrote:Yeah, there I'd agree that there's a similarity too. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing that thing in motion once the anime gets started.
The Bolt Gundam-esque AGE Titus should be interesting too...
With Ebikawa listed top on the designer list, I'm more than certain that he designed the AGE-1. The Normal has a few Exia and Reborns elements included in it the way I see it, so he's handiwork is all over the place.

Just wish the darn spoiler was not there. Oh well, I got used to and eventually loved the jet behind 00 Raiser, maybe I'll learn to love this too. It seems to be the only flaw in my opinion of an otherwise superb design.
Outlaw

I'm not a huge fan of the spoiler either, but for me it's a minor nitpick. My only reservation is the gem/lens/whatever on the chest, it just feels like something should go there. Maybe if it was brighter? Other than that it isn't half bad, especially when you get to see it all detailed out.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Do we know yet whether the AGE-1 will be the only Gundam in this show?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
RLZIII

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:Do we know yet whether the AGE-1 will be the only Gundam in this show?
While not confirmed, we've seen a teaser image (http://www.mobilesuitgundam.net/age/age ... gundam.jpg) that shows the names "AGE-2" and "AGE-3". While I've heard that a particular source stated that there would only be one Gundam in the show, no other major source has confirmed this. This leads me to believe that the information is probably not true (or, at least, was made up; it could wind up being the case at the end of the day).
pd771

RLZIII wrote:
MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:Do we know yet whether the AGE-1 will be the only Gundam in this show?
While not confirmed, we've seen a teaser image (http://www.mobilesuitgundam.net/age/age ... gundam.jpg) that shows the names "AGE-2" and "AGE-3". While I've heard that a particular source stated that there would only be one Gundam in the show, no other major source has confirmed this. This leads me to believe that the information is probably not true (or, at least, was made up; it could wind up being the case at the end of the day).
I think AGE-2 and AGE-3 are what the Gundam evolves into for the next generation. So while we may have 3 Gundam designs, it will e the same machine the show began with. It's never stated, but that was what the picture hinted at.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs