The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
E08

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

The more i look at zeidora, the more i feel that it is a mix of modified chronos and dorado parts.

Seeing how Double Bullet's waist is similar to AGE-2 Normal's, i wonder if the wear parts this time for the lower body only include changing the legs, leaving the waist alone.
ironscythe
Location: Jaburo Base, sitting on top of an undetonated nuke.

So, this happened. Show of hands, who was expecting it to turn into a huge mobile suit?

(I was, to be entirely honest)
"gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero"
yazi88

When I saw Madorna's custom RED Shaldoll, I couldn't help but notice that his very large beam cannon, had a foot petal while holding it with both hands, anyone else get the Char and mega bazooka launcher feeling?

Next Ep preview: DAMMIT! I knew since its a Sunrise mech show and that it was bound to happen, but still WHY A PINK UE MOBILE SUIT?
Arvis Taljik

ironscythe wrote:So, this happened. Show of hands, who was expecting it to turn into a huge mobile suit?

I had actually just envisioned the bow catapults splitting apart, but the rotation of the catapult and engine sections to give it a more traditional UC style look makes sense too. I'm actually liking the Diva a lot more now with the transformation ability included in the design.

Now here's to hoping that Bandai does a 1/400 scale model of the Diva with transformation like they did for the Musai and Ptolemaios. :D
Geoxile

The transformation was quite the treat. The fact that it somehow LOOKS GOOD even more so. I never expected those colors to work so well for a battleship but that red looks awesome in the Pegasus form
nacho-wan

I had a running argument with my brothers since the show started regarding if the carrier transformed into mecha or not!

It was just me, or the ship gained some more weaponary from the transformation (aside from the motion gun wannabe)?
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Geoxile

When it transformed it actually revealed a few extra guns from hatches.

http://i.imgur.com/BCrTS.jpg

They're rear guns though. From where the rear end of the ship rotated down.
Evex

Is it me or does the Diva's photon cannon plug directly into the age device? Wouldn't this mean that the age device is located in the center of the ship as well.
nacho-wan

Evex wrote:Is it me or does the Diva's photon cannon plug directly into the age device? Wouldn't this mean that the age device is located in the center of the ship as well.
Yes the photon cannon unleashes the power of evolution hidden in the AGE device, which spins it to reach plot wreaking power! LOL
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Roche

ironscythe wrote:So, this happened. Show of hands, who was expecting it to turn into a huge mobile suit?

I was as well. And what we got instead was a pleasent surprise.
Dark Duel

*raises hand* Wow, except for the colors that looks almost exactly like the Gray Phantom. COOL.
Still haven't had time to watch the ep yet, but I probably will later tonight or tomorrow.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
yazi88

To be honest, this new tranformed Diva, in terms of its basic frame, pretty much looks just like the Grey Phantom, cause while the outline resembles pretty much all Pegasus class ships, its the catapults that remind me most of Grey Phantoms just with the Unicorn Nahel Argama's Hyper Particle Cannon.

I haven't seen any of the Grey Phantoms actual weapons in any lineart now that I think about it. The damn ship just launched mobile suits in Libot, barely survives a nuke, and crash lands and is used by Zeon Remnant Bums/Hobos.
Wingnut

yazi88 wrote:I haven't seen any of the Grey Phantoms actual weapons in any lineart now that I think about it. The damn ship just launched mobile suits in Libot, barely survives a nuke, and crash lands and is used by Zeon Remnant Bums/Hobos.
That bugs me too. It's safe to assume that the yellow disks contain pop-out twin mega particle cannons like every other ship in the class, but otherwise it's all up in the air.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Arvis Taljik

Anyone notice that the Darwin-class ships of the EFF look like two Salamis-class ships pasted onto each other and finished off with a nice dose of ESF Baikal-class thrown in?
Dark Duel

I'm really not seeing the Baikal-class in there at all, personally.
If anything, it looks more like an expy of the Amanesel.
Though its front section does also strongly resemble the Salamis-class as well.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
reeoyuy

I like how AGE is consistently have the thrusters in cylindrical shape, from the MSs to the ships. Kinda giving the universe distinct style from UC's conical or CE's angular thrusters.
Arvis Taljik

Dark Duel wrote:I'm really not seeing the Baikal-class in there at all, personally.
If anything, it looks more like an expy of the Amanesel.
Though its front section does also strongly resemble the Salamis-class as well.
Actually you're right, I completely forgot about the Amanesel's design. Where I was relating the design to the Baikal was mainly in the color scheme, which pretty well matches the ESF's "warship blue".

It will be interesting to see in later episodes though if the Diva ever ends up entering Earth's atmosphere, as it would now appear to at least be physically capable of doing so in it's new "assault landing mode".
ironscythe
Location: Jaburo Base, sitting on top of an undetonated nuke.

nacho-wan wrote:Yes the photon cannon unleashes the power of evolution hidden in the AGE device, which spins it to reach plot wreaking power! LOL
Holy crap, they're using Gurren Lagann's Spiral Force! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!! XD
"gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero"
ShadowCell

i am going to try my best to suspend judgment there because i swear upon all that is holy and several things that are not that Defars there looks like someone turned Shiteyanyo into a mecha