The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
J-Lead

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk II

AnimeMun wrote:
balofo wrote:Looks like the brand Gundam UC MSV is official:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 2264_n.jpg
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 9638_n.jpg

that glorious Doven Wolf

Also it looks like the Ankusha doesn't have any melee weapons, perhaps we can expect an Asshimar punch? :D

I would honestly like to know more about the MSV from that second page, namely the rezel types. Any pictures of those in their transformed state? Also my japanese may be a little rusty but that "Shruver Bolt"? Is that supposed to be a more gundam looking variant on the Re-zel?
You should probably just take a look at the Bande Destinee manga. That's what they're from.

I don't have scans on me at moment, I'm afraid.

And that's the "Silver Bullet" which is a Mass production MS that derives elements from the Doven Wolf and the Gundam MK V (which are pretty much related as it is, anyway.)
Last edited by J-Lead on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
hitokirigarou

AnimeMun wrote:Also my japanese may be a little rusty but that "Shruver Bolt"? Is that supposed to be a more gundam looking variant on the Re-zel?
The Silver Bullet is developed from the Doven Wolf.
Gelgoog Jager

J-Lead wrote:And that's the "Silver Bullet" which is a Mass production MS that derives elements from the Doven Wolf and the Gundam MK V (which are pretty much related as it is, anyway.)
I thought that the Silver Bullet was just an experimental model built by the Vist Foundation. Is it confirmed that it is a mass production model, and if so, does the Federation also use it?
J-Lead

Gelgoog Jager wrote:
J-Lead wrote:And that's the "Silver Bullet" which is a Mass production MS that derives elements from the Doven Wolf and the Gundam MK V (which are pretty much related as it is, anyway.)
I thought that the Silver Bullet was just an experimental model built by the Vist Foundation. Is it confirmed that it is a mass production model, and if so, does the Federation also use it?
I was under the impression that the four we see in Bande Destinee were meant to serve as trial units to test it's feasibility as a mass production MS, since it doesn't really do a whole lot that wasn't already done by previous MS. Four units counts as a "production run" to me. :/
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Gelgoog Jager

J-Lead wrote:
Gelgoog Jager wrote:
I was under the impression that the four we see in Bande Destinee were meant to serve as trial units to test it's feasibility as a mass production MS, since it doesn't really do a whole lot that wasn't already done by previous MS. Four units counts as a "production run" to me. :/
Well, four trial units of the EMS-10 Zudah were also produced and we know how that ended :D . But then we have the Rezel, which so far seems to have had a production run of only 12 units (including 3 commander types), and yet it is considered a mass produced unit, so who knows.

Back to the number of ARX-014 units, I think that there might be as many as 6 units, including the one with the Gundam head:

During the battle between 4 ARX-014 against the RX-0, one (Gundam head) loses its left arm and is stabbed through the chest, a second one loses at least both its right arm and leg, the third unit is only seen kneed by the RX-0, without any visible damage, and the fourth unit survives. Out of these, we are told that 3 pilots died, which indicate that despite that we don't see unit 2 attacked directly in the chest, the pilot was still killed, whether by another unseen attack from the RX-0 or maybe secondary explosion. Unit 3 doesn't seem to receive any significant damage at all from the RX-0's attack, so either the impact was strong enough to kill the pilot (unlikely after with the airbags included in MS cockpits since CCA) or the RX-0 made more unseen attacks on it.

Either way, when Londo Bells launches its attack on Industrial 7, Ridhe's Rezel team engages 3 complete ARX-014, which include the pilot of the fourth unit of the previous encounter. It's unknown if the other 2 units are additional units or if they are units from the previous battle that were hastily repaired, though I feel more inclined to think that those are additional units, giving us a grand total of 6.
Calubin_175

Well, even if the production run of the ReZEL is below 20, it still an approved mass production model as opposed to the Zudah or the Delta Plus. The Zeta Plus is also in a similar situation. At the moment, the Jesta is probably still experimental as it is being evaluated.
Deacon Blues

Since I'm too busy working on other things at the moment, here's the "Turn" and "Conclusion" portions of the Krake Zulu:
ジオン独自の技術として完全に確立していたサイコミュ遠隔兵器のさらなる発展、そして宙間に限定した高機動化計画。このニつを同時に受け入れた《ザクII》試験機のコンセプトを今一度現在の技術レベルで 再現昇華する、それがYAMS-130《クラーケ・ズール》なのだ。

既存パーツの改良による性能付加ではなく、新進ユニットを増設する外骨格的強化の方向性で設計が進められた本機。それを一見して理解させる、肩部から新たに生えた巨大な双碗は、高出力のメガ粒子砲を備えた有線式遠隔兵器として機能する。

下半身には機体名称の語源となった海洋棲の軟体動物を想起させる8本の足、ならぬ大推力スラスターポッドが配され、機体全体が醸し出す特異なフォルムを際立たせているのだ。

その母体に使用されたのは本来のスペックを備えた《ギラ・ズール》親衛隊機でなければなかった。要求された試験レベルに耐えうる強さと、ぞれを受け入れる柔らかさを併せ持った汎用モビルスーツは『袖付き」においてこの最新機以外に考えられなかったのである。
《クラーケ・ズール》は技術試験機としての意味合いが強いモビルスーツであったが、『袖付き』の台所事情を鑑みるに、本機を試験運用のみで終わらせる余裕は無論なく、本機は当初からデータの収集=実戦データという考えの元、即時実戦投入が可能な調整を施されつつ開発が進められていた。

テスト・パイロットの選定も、これだけの大推力を掌握できる操縦技量且つ、実戦にも長けた資質を持つ人間に限定され、その条件を全てクリアした選ばれし者は、軍内においても選ばれし者--フル・フロンタルという主に付き従う親衛隊の隊長である、アンジェロ・ザウパー大尉が担当することとなった。

「バンデシネ」と銘打たれた戦闘記録によれば、『袖付き』の本拠地〈パラオ〉を強襲した連邦軍による通称「ビリヤード作戦」において、紫のパーソナルカラーに彩られた《クラーケ・ズール》が実戦参加したという。素体を深く知る大尉の手によって、初出撃ながらも長年の愛機であるかのような親和性を示したとされる。
Let me know if there's any errors. :S I typed it up rather quickly lol

But specs nonetheless:

YAMS-130 Krake Zulu

Head Height: 21.1m
Base Weight: 36.6t
Maximum Weight: 64.8t
Generator Output: 3,580kW
Sensor Radius: 18,200m
Armor Composite: Titanium Alloy on a ceramic frame
Armament: wired mega beam cannon, beam machine gun, beam hawk
OGx3

Deacon Blues wrote:Since I'm too busy working on other things at the moment, here's the "Turn" and "Conclusion" portions of the Krake Zulu:
ジオン独自の技術として完全に確立していたサイコミュ遠隔兵器のさらなる発展、そして宙間に限定した高機動化計画。このニつを同時に受け入れた《ザクII》試験機のコンセプトを今一度現在の技術レベルで 再現昇華する、それがYAMS-130《クラーケ・ズール》なのだ。

既存パーツの改良による性能付加ではなく、新進ユニットを増設する外骨格的強化の方向性で設計が進められた本機。それを一見して理解させる、肩部から新たに生えた巨大な双碗は、高出力のメガ粒子砲を備えた有線式遠隔兵器として機能する。

下半身には機体名称の語源となった海洋棲の軟体動物を想起させる8本の足、ならぬ大推力スラスターポッドが配され、機体全体が醸し出す特異なフォルムを際立たせているのだ。

その母体に使用されたのは本来のスペックを備えた《ギラ・ズール》親衛隊機でなければなかった。要求された試験レベルに耐えうる強さと、ぞれを受け入れる柔らかさを併せ持った汎用モビルスーツは『袖付き」においてこの最新機以外に考えられなかったのである。
《クラーケ・ズール》は技術試験機としての意味合いが強いモビルスーツであったが、『袖付き』の台所事情を鑑みるに、本機を試験運用のみで終わらせる余裕は無論なく、本機は当初からデータの収集=実戦データという考えの元、即時実戦投入が可能な調整を施されつつ開発が進められていた。

テスト・パイロットの選定も、これだけの大推力を掌握できる操縦技量且つ、実戦にも長けた資質を持つ人間に限定され、その条件を全てクリアした選ばれし者は、軍内においても選ばれし者--フル・フロンタルという主に付き従う親衛隊の隊長である、アンジェロ・ザウパー大尉が担当することとなった。

「バンデシネ」と銘打たれた戦闘記録によれば、『袖付き』の本拠地〈パラオ〉を強襲した連邦軍による通称「ビリヤード作戦」において、紫のパーソナルカラーに彩られた《クラーケ・ズール》が実戦参加したという。素体を深く知る大尉の手によって、初出撃ながらも長年の愛機であるかのような親和性を示したとされる。
Let me know if there's any errors. :S I typed it up rather quickly lol

But specs nonetheless:
YAMS-130 Krake Zulu

Head Height: 21.1m
Base Weight: 36.6t
Maximum Weight: 64.8t
Generator Output: 3,580kW
Sensor Radius: 18,200m
Armor Composite: Titanium Alloy on a ceramic frame
Armament: wired mega beam cannon, beam machine gun, beam hawk
thnaks for the info homes
Zeeks up, Feddies down
that's hood talk for i like the Zeon more then the Federation
Arsarcana

Did you have to quote the entire post just to say thank you?
OGx3

sorry i aint sure how exactly to do every thing yet, i am new to mechatalk
Zeeks up, Feddies down
that's hood talk for i like the Zeon more then the Federation
Gelgoog Jager

A few quick questions about some Ep. 4 units:

Zee Zulu: Does it have any long range udnerwater use weapons, or does it rely solely on its claws while underwater?

Juaggu: Is there confirmation whether the Juaggu's arms had their original 320mm rocket launchers at Dakar or in the OVA these were replaced with other weapons (machineguns?).

Desert Gelgoog: Were these Gelgoogs also developed on California Base along with the other desert use MS? And does its existance indicates that the Principality of Zeon did send Gelgoog units to reinforce their crippled ground forces?

Efreet Schneid: The profile at the official site is a bit confusing; is it trying to say that the Schneid configuration was the original form of this unit which was continually upgraded to keep up with current specs or was it a standard MS-08TX that was upgraded after the war?
Homeless

The HGUC Zee Zulu booklet mentioned the beam rifle had a mode for underwater use, as I recall.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Calubin_175

The Desert Gelgoog was developed some time between 0080 and 83, the Efreet Schneid could have been from 0081 and onwards as per Great Mechanics book.

According to the upcoming HGUC model kit, the Juagg that we saw in episode 4 has machine gun muzzles rather than ones for large calibur rockets.
Gelgoog Jager

Homeless wrote:The HGUC Zee Zulu booklet mentioned the beam rifle had a mode for underwater use, as I recall.
But wouldn't that beat the whole purpose of having to store the beam rifle in a specialized case? If the beam machiengun can be exposed to water and even be fired underwater, it wouldn't have to be carried in a case to beging with.
Calubin_175 wrote:The Desert Gelgoog was developed some time between 0080 and 83, the Efreet Schneid could have been from 0081 and onwards as per Great Mechanics book.

According to the upcoming HGUC model kit, the Juagg that we saw in episode 4 has machine gun muzzles rather than ones for large calibur rockets.
Desert Gelgoog: Both Mahq's profile and the one at the official UC site indicate that it do was deployed during the OYW, though Mahq's profile further says that it was not mass produced. I particularly mentioned California Base since it was there that most of Zeon's desert warfare MS were developed.

Mark has even pointed out that 30 pre-production Dom units were going to be converted into D-type Doms at California Base, but that plan came to an end when the Federation recaptured the base, and only 20 Doms were converted into MS-09D, and out of these only 10 reached the frontlines.

Efreet Schneid: Did something particular happened on 0081 as to particular indicate that date? Does it have to do with the Efreet Nacht and/or Operation Tears of Varuna?

Juaggu: Thanks for the confirmation. That means that this depiction of the Juaggu's rocket launchers (0:49-0:53) is also correct.
Calubin_175

That Great Mechanics article is a bit vague, it just suggested that all those Desert Rommel Team mobile suits were all post One Year War modifications. It even listed the Zaku I Sniper as a post One Year War, but I am not sure whether it exclusively refers to Yonem Kirks' custom with the blade antenna.

The Desert Zaku is definitely a post war upgrade, but the Desert Gelgoog should have had a few prototypes available during One Year War as per the pre-Unicorn profiles.

Delta Gundam manual is out, I think Riddhe was fighting in his Delta Plus on the simulator against the Delta Gundam with Quattro Bageena data.
balofo

Strange they didn't acknowledge the Delta Gundam's Beam Rifle as the Gundam MK III.

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig17/10172147k3.jpg
http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig17/10172147k2.jpg
http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig17/10172147k.jpg

NEW UC MSV: RGM-89DEW EWAC Jegan

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HdMd5Mw-XjA/T ... 640/1f.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-O3iIzlltI38/T ... 640/1g.jpg

At least it keeps the beam saber/grenades.

Also it appears a Red/White Jegan MSV appears in the new novel, perhaps this one:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/cca-msv/rgc-90.htm
Gelgoog Jager

Calubin_175 wrote:That Great Mechanics article is a bit vague, it just suggested that all those Desert Rommel Team mobile suits were all post One Year War modifications. It even listed the Zaku I Sniper as a post One Year War, but I am not sure whether it exclusively refers to Yonem Kirks' custom with the blade antenna.
The Zaku Sniper is another MS developed at California Base before the end of the war. Your assumption on it referring to Kirk's unit in particular it's the most likely case. Externally, the most important difference between Kirk's unit and the standard model are those hardpoints that allow it to keep itself in place while sniping from on board his customized Fat Uncle. Internally, the unit could have more modifications to further optimize it's aerial sniping.
Calubin_175 wrote:The Desert Zaku is definitely a post war upgrade, but the Desert Gelgoog should have had a few prototypes available during One Year War as per the pre-Unicorn profiles.
Agreed.
balofo

More UC MSV:

ジェガン先行配備型
Angelo Sauper Custom Geara Doga
Arsarcana

Jegan Precession Type, if we adopt the naming scheme from the GM. Not quite the same kanji but a similar idea.
Calubin_175

Early/Pre deployment type, with respect to the Type D I think.