The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk II

The lineart doesn't match the one displayed on OVA 2: forearms, shield, new rifle, anything else?

Also waiting for lineart on the that Red Geara Doga, wonder what kind of custom weapons it'll be packing
Dark Duel

Where to begin?
- The backpack is VERY different - whereas the OVA Sinanju had those binder-looking little wings, this thing has a whole mess of individual boosters; Reminds me a bit of the Gundam MkII's backpack actually.
- The head has no central antenna.
- The torso is slightly different; lacks the Zabi-esque "Sleeves" decorative kibble and has small vents that IIRC the original did not
- The legs are slightly different - note the rectangular shape of the thruster on the outer leg as compared to the OVA version's thruster nozzle.
- The feet are less tapered and skinny, look much more like the feet of a Feddie MS.
- The waist/hip armor is noticeably different - more linear and boxy - again, more Feddie-like
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Ceiling_Squid

flamingtroll wrote:Am I the only one has the urge to punch something everytime Katoki "designs" a variant with a german suffix? There is also some mentioning of Full Frontal's Gaera Doga in that picture at the end. The game is going to include the Sinanju theft scenario penned by Fukui. I guess the guy is milking all he can with unicorn . It's surprising all this stuff can happen without mentioning Nanai. Seriously even as an UC (not Unicorn) fan this is getting annoying. Delta Gundam Kai is a mess. I dont' want my UC gundams looking like Wing Zero ver Ka. Leave oversized shoulders in the AU please.
Honestly, I'm okay with it. The Japanese like to toy with foreign words, which is something I'll take over wierd nonsensical names.

Someone should get a screencap of that schematic that Alberto loaded up on the computer in episode 2, see how it compares to this "Stein" (or however it's going to be spelled). Definitely looks like that might be the original form of the Sinanju before the theft of the unit.

And as for the Delta Gundam Kai, it's definitely a busy design, and I also don't like the size of those shoulders. I can only see them getting in the way, especially if this is also a transformable suit. But I'll give Katoki the benefit of the doubt until I see it in fighter form. Still don't like the way they look.

Beyond that, though, at least everything else on the suit is still largely within UC era art style. The angularity of all the components is still well in line with Zeta and Sentinel aesthetics, mostly in relation to the Delta/Zeta Plus lineages. My biggest gripes are the size of those shoulders, and maybe the upward facing fins behind them (binders? Beam guns?). I think if both of those were toned down in size, the overall look of the suit would be better.
quasadra

its basicly Sinanju made to resemble Unicorn. and what i can read from the text is that they say this is the original from of Full Frontal's Sinanju. so does that means, what i hear about Sinanju being a test bed for Unicorn's pychoframe is true?

about that Delta Plus thingy: its MA mode is gonna be amusing with all those stuff on it. IMO thats is a bad color scheme too.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
radioactive28

Interesting that the text uses the the term 原石 (ore, "original rock?") to describe the Sinanju Stein, which I'm guessing alludes to its status as the foundation or core of the red Sinanju, and Stein means "stone."

Like the Stein's leg design, but the red Sinanju shield is definitely better (i.e., multi-functional and looking more bad-ass).

The Gundam Delta Kai's shoulders probably serves as full thrusters in MA mode. Delta Plus has them too, but they're much less visible in MA mode. The side skirt armour looks like extra wings for MA mode. Legs are a mystery though: what's with the pointy kneecap and that long thing on the calf?
Calubin_175

That UC Handbook from UC Ace Vol.3 actually listed a separate thruster output for the ReZEL Commander and same for the Zulu variants which previously only had their generator outputs disclosed in the HGUC manuals.
ZeonsSilverStar

Aside from the backpack the Stein seems to line up with the schematics shown in the OVA.
http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd32 ... 918576.jpg
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Arsarcana

Ceiling_Squid wrote:My biggest gripes are the size of those shoulders, and maybe the upward facing fins behind them (binders? Beam guns?).
Look closely at the shape; those are Fin Funnels.
Zeonista

Once again, thanks to Homeless for all the pretty lineart. The ZZ-era MS never really got lineart of this clarity or detail back in the day. I am glad to have it! The Delta Kai actually makes me think Katoki is referencing original Zeta and Zeta Plus for inspiration, and then doing post-0093 alterations.
ZeonsSilverStar wrote:Aside from the backpack the Stein seems to line up with the schematics shown in the OVA.
http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd32 ... 918576.jpg
I agree with you there. The regular Sinanju seems like it uses the same non-backpack frame as the Stein. The real differences are the backpack, the shield, the commander-class spike antenna, and the "Neo-Zeon Ace" styling package (+3 to Bluff, Command, and Intimidate tests).
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
ydawg314

some more major differences are the waist (zeon zaku cables) and the chest vents
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
E08

The schematics look more like the red Sinanju minus the antenna than Sinanju Stein.
Ceiling_Squid

Arsarcana wrote:
Ceiling_Squid wrote:My biggest gripes are the size of those shoulders, and maybe the upward facing fins behind them (binders? Beam guns?).
Look closely at the shape; those are Fin Funnels.
...Wow, I totally missed that. Seems a bit superfluous, but I guess that's workable. But jeez, those are big funnels if that's the case. I still stand by my statement that they're too big to keep that design from looking overcrowded.

Yeah, those schematics don't exactly match the Stein, unforunately...that's probably just a retconned oversight, given that the Stein was probably designed after the episode in question. Or perhaps Anaheim have updated thier plans based on sightings of Frontal's modified Sinanju. Or, in typical Anaheim fashion, they applied the modifications themselves and their statement about the suit being "stolen" are completely bull. Or, it's even possible that these were planned alterations to the suit, and Frontal stole a copy of the plans ALONG with the suit.

Retconning is probably the case here, though. I doubt they'll go out of their way to explain this oversight, given that it was only on screen a few seconds, and only crazy fans like us bother to dissect this stuff, XD

I've got to say, though, I DO like that the Stein is more visually-similar to the Unicorn, with all the Feddie design trademarks. It helps make it more obvious that the Sinanju is the Unicorn's predecessor. It's now basically something of a reference to the GP04/Gerbera Tetra conversion, taking a former Feddie-intended suit and "Zeeking it up", so to speak.

...excuse me while I go try to secure funding for a show..."Zeke My Ride", I'll call it.
Dendrobium Stamen

To be honest, the fin funnels are perfectly scaled - to their original host MS, the Nu Gundam. A quick peek at the specs shows that Nu has a head height of 22m on the nose, compared to Delta Plus' 19.6m - a difference of nearly 8 feet. So where Amuro's last ride carried them fairly proportionally (if a little awkwardly compared to Hi-Nu), this latest Shiki variant looks like it's wearing an elder sibling's attire :roll:

Also, I do like this new Sinanju variant - as noted, it seems to be the bridge to fit the backstory suggesting Full Frontal's machine was a testbed for Unicorn. It's more Federal, which I do approve of!
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
balofo

gundam_unicorn 続き2)ほかにも新MS「ガンダムデルタカイ」やUCバンデシネに登場のリゼル(ディフェンサーユニット)登場など、これまでガンダムUCで展開していた内容すべてを盛り込む意気込みで制作中です!まだ発表してない目玉情報も色々…引き続き続報をお待ち下さい!!(広報いぬ) #g_uc

More game exclusive units incoming! Dying to see the Custom Geara Doga!
Zeonista

Originally sent as PM, thing ended up here somehow. Life has been like that recently....
Last edited by Zeonista on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
JEFFPIATT

that was the titans "on paper" mission statement and 0083 shows how they used an zeon uprising to allow them to take power they never seemed to get around to crushing the zeon scourge by zeta instead they decided to oppress spacenoids and quel an rally the zeon way with g3 gas and ally with an zeon faction from axis. they kept the zeeks around to get there big budget through they had so many active units in development the EFF switched to the site/model number codes. Londo Bell was an attempt to have an anti-zeon task force that would not shanghai the government and finally end the zeon threat.
balofo

http://www.gundam.info/

Gundam Info has a poll on what MS/MA you'd like to see in the future in different merchandise, UC OVA staff says they will take the result in consideration. Poll is on the left side, opions are: Zakrelo, Big Zam, Agg, Kaempfer, GM Sniper II, Gabthley, Barzam, Bawoo, Doven Wolf and Delta Plus(is winning).
Homeless

I can't see the poll for whatever reason, so the Doven Wolf better win or I'll hate you guys forever.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
ShadowCell

The Agg?

The Agg?

I hate you all already. I'm not sure what you all have to do with the freaking Agg being on this poll but hating you all seems like as reasonable a response as any other.
Rob DS Zeta

Whoever made that poll has some issues... or got paid an abnormal sum.
*insert witty eyecatch here*